Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well well well. Where did the time go? It was eight years ago today that I stumbled onto a site called Mi6. Then known as Keeping The British End Up. What a journey and experience that its been. A place where a Bond fan could converse with other Bond fans, learn new things about this character that so captivates us, grow new friendships. It's been one hell of a roller coaster let me tell you. Some great friends have been made along the way and lost, during the transition to Mi6 Community there were those who departed for other places, beyond Mi6.
    But there are still members around who were here before me, and joined around the same time. Rarely do I not log in on a daily basis, that's the power of this community, my Bond family. The need to connect, to learn, to talk Bond.
    It's been fun so far I'm hoping the next 8 years are just as memorable.
    Cheers+(1).gif
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'll drink to that, @Benny! Eight you say? Well, octo-something would be too obvious, so I'll just go with these:

party-girls.jpg

They told me you could be number eight of this group!

Have fun. Report back for duty when you're exhausted. ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Happy 86th Birthday to Sir Roger Moore today, as well as it being my 29th Birthday!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Congratulations on such a monolithic milestone, @Benny. Any forum would be lucky to have a moderator like you, and your dedication to this forum is beyond admirable.

In addition, Happy Birthday to you, @Dragonpol! Of our forum's consistent posters you are one of the newer members, yet you are fast becoming one of our finest treasures for you insightful posts and analyses of the many corners of the Bond world on your blog. Cheers to you, sir, and enjoy your day. :)
    Congratulations on such a monolithic milestone, @Benny. Any forum would be lucky to have a moderator like you, and your dedication to this forum is beyond admirable.

In addition, Happy Birthday to you, @Dragonpol! Of our forum's consistent posters you are one of the newer members, yet you are fast becoming one of our finest treasures for you insightful posts and analyses of the many corners of the Bond world on your blog. Cheers to you, sir, and enjoy your day. :)

Thank you, Brady. That is high praise coming from a member of your standing. Thank you for making this such a great and inclusive community.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    happy birthday and congrats Benny
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Congratulations Benny! Here's to many more!

Happy Birthday, Dragonpol! Hope you have a great day!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Congrats Benny :D
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,727
    Thank you @WillardWhyte and @QBranch. And may I also add my congratulations to @Benny.
    Happy Birthday Draggers and a Happy (belated) Birthday to Benny :-)
    Happy Birthday Draggers and a Happy (belated) Birthday to Benny :-)

Thanks very much @WillyGalore. It's much appreciated, friend.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,882
    Happy 29th birthday to Never Send Flower's #1 fan, we know as @Dragonpol.

Congrats on the 8 year milestone @Benny, I think this calls for a salute from an altogether different kind of Benny...

_46163380_-18.jpg
    Happy 29th birthday to Never Send Flower's #1 fan, we know as @Dragonpol.

Congrats on the 8 year milestone @Benny, I think this calls for a salute from an altogether different kind of Benny...

_46163380_-18.jpg

Thank you so much for the birthday greetings, @MajorDSmythe. You have brought a wide smile to my face after a very long day!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Birthday, @Dragonpol!

Congratulations to @Benny on an impressive anniversary.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Happy Birthday, @Dragonpol!

Congratulations to @Benny on an impressive anniversary.

Thanks @Creasy47.
  • Happy birthday @Dragonpol and happy anniversary @Benny.

It's my 31st birthday tomorrow. Pictures of fit girls with hardly any clothes on please. I'll also take a Kelly Brook gif if there's one going ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, Happy Early Birthday, in case I manage to forget somehow! I'm sure scantily clad women will be aplenty around these parts come tomorrow. ;-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, I suppose it's okay as long as we stay in international waters...

I'll leave the unwrapping to you, @thelivingroyale. ;-) Happy B-day!

partygirls.jpg

I feel like I have been objectifying women in this thread since 2011. ;-)
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Cripes! Does anybody connected with Bond not have a birthday in mid October? ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Cripes! Does anybody connected with Bond not have a birthday in mid October? ;-)
    This community does seem to have a huge catalogue of members (myself included) and Bond alumni with birthdays in October.
    This community does seem to have a huge catalogue of members (myself included) and Bond alumni with birthdays in October.

I feel left out now...

I feel left out now...
    You feel left out? How do you think people born on February 29th feel? ;)

I feel left out now...
    You feel left out? How do you think people born on February 29th feel? ;)

I'll give you that one! :-)
    Happy birthday @Dragonpol and happy anniversary @Benny.

It's my 31st birthday tomorrow. Pictures of fit girls with hardly any clothes on please. I'll also take a Kelly Brook gif if there's one going ;)

Thank you @thelivingroyale. Happy 31st Birthday to you then!

The Lord @Dragonpol should be enough!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Happy birthday
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Happy birthday chaps and a belated one to @Brady!
    Happy birthday to @thelivingroyale, as well. I love all the October birthdays around here.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,727
    OK, so today, 11 December 2013 marks my first anniversary as the member Dragonpol on MI6 Community and I just wanted to say what a great year this has been. This has been the best forum I have ever been a part of so I extend my thanks to all those responsible for making this place what it is - the directors, moderators and members of MI6 Community. It truly is a community in every possible sense of the word. Thanks to one and all for making it so. We really do have something very special going on here. My 3511 posts can't be wrong and should tell us all something about the greatness of this place.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dragonpol wrote:
    OK, so today, 11 December 2013 marks my first anniversary as the member Dragonpol on MI6 Community and I just wanted to say what a great year this has been. This has been the best forum I have ever been a part of so I extend my thanks to all those responsible for making this place what it is - the directors, moderatrors and members of MI6 Community. It truly is a community in every possible sense of the word. Thanks to one and all for making it so. We really do have something very special going on here. My 3511 posts can't be wrong and should tell us all something about the greatness of this place.

Happy anniversary and agree to everything. Triple reason to celebrate. A good friend is returning to Norway today after several months of exile in Spain, and it is my birthday as well. In ancient times, this date was known as "The Devil s Birthday" here in Norway, as it was the day for collecting taxes.