Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    Talking about Sherlocks' Moffat he did a show which was very similar to the US sitcom Friends, only I enjoyed SM's version much better.

I didn't know that. I would love to see it!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,728
    Luther is back on BBC this week starring Idris Elba. I'd love top see it having missed it all last time around! Perhaps it's available to buy on DVD...
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote:
    Talking about Sherlocks' Moffat he did a show which was very similar to the US sitcom Friends, only I enjoyed SM's version much better.

Looked up for you:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237123/

COUPLING it is called

And the reason I watched is Sarah Alexander, she has that special vibe that makes me watch about anything she makes. But Coupling was just hilarious and no so prudish as their US version Friends.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Looked up for you:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237123/

COUPLING it is called

And the reason I watched is Sarah Alexander, she has that special vibe that makes me watch about anything she makes. But Coupling was just hilarious and no so prudish as their US version Friends.

Thanks for the link, @SaintMark. I shall have to research this further. :)
    Some Walking Dead season 4 info and a promotional banner.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=106080

I've gone off this show a bit because I've been spoilt by the videogame. That's going to sound stupid to lots of you but honestly, the writing was overall better and I cared much more about the characters.

Honestly can't believe I'm saying this but the game puts the show to shame and I'm looking forward to season 2 of that much more than season 4 of the show.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited July 2013 Posts: 7,854

I've gone off this show a bit because I've been spoilt by the videogame. That's going to sound stupid to lots of you but honestly, the writing was overall better and I cared much more about the characters.

Honestly can't believe I'm saying this but the game puts the show to shame and I'm looking forward to season 2 of that much more than season 4 of the show.

I want both. I'm still trying to decide upon buying season 2 of the game as the episodes come out, or waiting for the disc release, like I did season 1. Checked out 400 Days yet?
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 12,837

I want both. I'm still trying to decide upon buying season 2 of the game as the episodes come out, or waiting for the disc release, like I did season 1. Checked out 400 Days yet?

It's not out on xbox until tomorrow but I'll be getting it then.

The game didn't get a disc release here in the UK but I didn't get it as the episodes came out either, I downloaded them all at once when they were already out. I am planning to buy the episodes as they're released for season 2 though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Weren't the releases between PS3 and 360 only a day apart for the first five? What's with the four day difference for 400 Days? (Wait a minute...)
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Rambo TV show!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/rambo-tv-series-announced-sylvester-stallone-could-be-involved

Make sure Sly stars in it and make it closer to First Blood than anything else and you have a good send off for the character.
  • Saul is getting his own spin off show.

I'm very excited for this and I'm wondering about what tone it'll take. While Breaking Bad is mainly serious with some funny bits, wouldn't it just be an all out comedy if Saul was the main character?

• edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    The Walking Dead is back on Friday in the UK. I'll watch it but I'm not massively excited.

Also Misfits is coming back on soon.

Thought the last series could've been better and I'm a bit sad because none of the original cast are left now, but I'm looking forward to this. Rudy is brilliant (although I still miss Nathan to be honest).
    Get excited for The Walking Dead. If you had misgivings about Season 3, the premiere of Season 4 will turn you right around.
    Pleased to say that Ripper Street returns on October 28th for anyone here who enjoys the show like i do! :D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's had a very quick turnaround. I guess the BBC wanted it sooner and this means two series in 2013.
    I have recently gotten hooked on "Orphan Black" great show on BBC America, Saturday nights.

I enjoyed Foyles War but cannot get into the new Cold War episodes. Something seems to be missing...I miss DCI Milne too.

Murder she wrote is being rebooted
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 7,653
    Risico007 wrote:

Like Kojak & Ironside and besides modernsing them they all have in common that the lead will now be played by a coloured person. So far these reinventions were of really poor and shoddy workmanship. X_X
    SaintMark wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Like Kojak & Ironside and besides modernsing them they all have in common that the lead will now be played by a coloured person. So far these reinventions were of really poor and shoddy workmanship. X_X

Look out for Pam Greer in Cabot Cove!!!! :))
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Remember how they were going to kill of a Family Guy character? Well it's Brian. It's not meant to air until next year on BBC 3 but I watched it online and let me just say I hate the new dog and it was a stupid decision.

Their reason for killing off Brian is that "it'd be a fun way to shake things up", and "we feel it would've been more traumatic to lose one of the kids rather than the family pet"

The problem with that is that in this show, the family pet was a million times more human than 99% the characters, including the kids. Most of the characters on Family Guy are one dimensional and you don't care about them at all but Brian was a likeable, human character that felt real. Plus his relationship with Stewie was one of the best parts of the show.

Seriously, would anybody have given a shit if Chris was killed off? Or even Lois, Peter could just get remarried. I would say Meg, as she's barely even in it anymore because Mila Kunis voices her, but the way she's treated by other characters is still funny. Chris rarely gets an episode focused on him anymore and it's not like Seth Green would be out of work.

Seems clear to me that they're out of ideas and they killed off a good character to stir up some publicity. Bring back Brian, and then just end the show.
    Remember how they were going to kill of a Family Guy character? Well it's Brian. It's not meant to air until next year on BBC 3 but I watched it online and let me just say I hate the new dog and it was a stupid decision.

Their reason for killing off Brian is that "it'd be a fun way to shake things up", and "we feel it would've been more traumatic to lose one of the kids rather than the family pet"

The problem with that is that in this show, the family pet was a million times more human than 99% the characters, including the kids. Most of the characters on Family Guy are one dimensional and you don't care about them at all but Brian was a likeable, human character that felt real. Plus his relationship with Stewie was one of the best parts of the show.

Seriously, would anybody have given a shit if Chris was killed off? Or even Lois, Peter could just get remarried. I would say Meg, as she's barely even in it anymore because Mila Kunis voices her, but the way she's treated by other characters is still funny. Chris rarely gets an episode focused on him anymore and it's not like Seth Green would be out of work.

Seems clear to me that they're out of ideas and they killed off a good character to stir up some publicity. Bring back Brian, and then just end the show.

I watched it on YouTube last night (the whole episode is on there). When I first heard that Family Guy was doing a crossover show with The Simpsons, I worried that perhaps the show had run it's course.

After watching the show last night, I'm absolutely convinced that Family Guy should end as soon as possible. It was just awful. The replacement for Brian was Vinny (voiced by Tony Sirico from The Sopranos).

I'm really hoping that the whole thing is one big joke from Seth McFarlane. Got a funny feeling it isn't though....
    When I heard a character was going to be killed off, I assumed it would be Chris because Seth Green is on MacFarlane's live-action show Dads. I was actually pretty surprised it was Brian, although I agree in that they killed off one of the show's better characters. (Seriously, though, it should have been Chris, he's wasted every single time Herbert isn't on the screen.) I wasn't surprised when an online petition appeared almost right away. I can't wait until the next episode, when Brian's suddenly there again and there's just a one-line write-off to explain his appearance.
  • There are episode titles and descriptions announced including Brian, so he could return, but those could've easily been placeholders and it's actually Vinny in those episodes.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Wow, I actually thought you all were joking. How stupid is that? I've never been a fan of the show, but that definitely wasn't a good move. I would watch the show for either Stewie or Brian, and now that one is gone, there is even less of a reason to tune in quite frankly. They'll bring him back, right? Right?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd rather Quagmire was killed off. He used to be the funny perv. Then they just made him this insufferable jerk. I wanted him killed off when he beat up Brian in the episode where Quagmire's dad got a sex change. Granted I haven't watched FG since 2011 but still come on. For all the people on FG who should have been killed off? Brian wasn't one of them.
    Anyone here watch Arrow? I love the show and was thinking of creating a thread but wanted to hold off and see if there is interest.
    Arrow is the only CW original I watch. It's the CW's best scripted show, and the only one with a plot that doesn't contradict itself five minutes into each episode.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A new 'Terminator' television show is coming that will tie-in with the 2015 film reboot:

http://bit.ly/1kk6Zv0
    Creasy47 wrote:
    A new 'Terminator' television show is coming that will tie-in with the 2015 film reboot:

http://bit.ly/1kk6Zv0

Without Summer Glau running around being Hot I have little to interest in another terminator show.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I never watched the last 'Terminator' show that was on, but I heard some really good things from it.