The worst thread of all time on MI6

edited October 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 2,400
This is a fun little idea I had for a discussion: What's the worst thread (preferably a locked one) thats ever been on MI6? And by "worst" I mean so bad that it basically passed through and became good because of its' awfulness. If this thread seems a waste of space feel free to pull the trigger on it, though I think this is an entertaining way to perhaps revisit the past days of the forum in search of the DAD of threads.

I've no nominations at the moment as I've not quite been around here long enough to have witnessed a big enough chunk of the forum's history.

Comments

• edited October 2013 Posts: 12,833
    I've started some shit ones before. I decided Gus off Breaking Bad could be a good Blofeld, so I started a thread asking how people would feel if Blofeld was black.

That might not be the very worst but it's a contender.

EDIT: Forgot about this http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4113/wave-link-confirmed-b24-title

Remember: Trust him, he knows.
  • This one.

In all seriousness, the one about the objectification of womyn is pretty awful. I started a pretty bad about what would happen if a piano were to fall on Daniel Craig. I haven't been around long enough to know.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What about the one where someone (I forget who) started a thread in all seriousness imploring EON to bring back the couple from the tube in SF for B24 because they were so utterly hilarious?

Utterly insane.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm tempted to start the worst thread so it could be included here. It'd be terribly easy; Why John Barry's Bond music sucks, or some such topic. ;)
  • chrisisall wrote:
    I'm tempted to start the worst thread so it could be included here. It'd be terribly easy; Why John Barry's Bond music sucks, or some such topic. ;)

I think that would void the thread itself. Wouldn't want to rip a hole in the space-time continuum, now would we?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wouldn't call it the worst thread ever, but if failing to stay on topic qualifies, this thread takes the cake:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1253/are-there-any-women-here-on-mi6/p1

The thread was my own creation, titled "Are there any women here on MI6?" I started it with the good intentions of getting the female Bond fans of MI6 together and asking them what they thought of Bond, but after page one things went terribly wrong. Veteran members will remember what a hilarious failure of a thread it was, with a tendency to get off topic at almost every single post. In just 9 pages we all went off topic about Chuck Norris jokes, what Bond we act/walk like, and our perfectly formed arses. Soon after that we began posting fake photos of each other, including one of the mod team all shirtless with bouncing pecs, and discussed the demise of the MI6 dating service. Not long after we all began quoting Bond innuendos back and forth, debated whether Ursula, Halle, or Dan exited the water best, guessed each others sexuality, discussed sexual objectification and Babs's apparent feministic tendencies, debated the PC Bond, posted sexy pictures of Bond girls, and spoke about Dan's video for EQUALS where he dressed up as a woman, all while @Creasy47 and I shot Clint Eastwood film quotes back at each other. All this happened in just 9 pages. The thread was notorious for its off topic nature, and even the mods got in on the action from time to time, becoming just as off topic as the other members. Though it was clearly a failure, the thread has a special place in my heart that I hold fond memories for because of all the giggles we shared together over two years ago.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Geez, I remember that thread! Classic for being most off topic. Is that category in your annual awards coming up, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Geez, I remember that thread! Classic for being most off topic. Is that category in your annual awards coming up, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ?

If the community wishes it, then so it shall be. ;)
    Ooooh, I do hope so! Some are so hilarious. Hard to top that last one, though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That thread was a hilarious, yet enjoyable trainwreck. I still think about that thread, Brady. Wonderful times, albeit incredibly spammy!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Many years ago we had a thread on the old forum about a certain Will "Smoth" being prepared to become the next James Bond. War ensued. It was hilarious.
    It worked so well (oxymoron, I know) because it just developed organically, took on a life of its own, sort of without us forcing it. Just grew and grew. I'm going to dig it up soon and re-read it! ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Many years ago we had a thread on the old forum about a certain Will "Smoth" being prepared to become the next James Bond. War ensued. It was hilarious.

It was two threads going at once wasn't it? Something like "I've just met Will Smoth in a cafe and he's going to be Bond in Bond 22!" Crazy beyond belief.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 14,786
    Easy: Mallory is a traitor. It didn't last long and the guy who started it quickly disappeared. But what a stupid one!
    MaxRebo120 wrote:

Oh my days. I've just read that thread. The word 'bonkers' comes to mind. Any idea why @TheBond007 was banned in the end?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,695
    MaxRebo120 wrote:

Oh my days. I've just read that thread. The word 'bonkers' comes to mind. Any idea why @TheBond007 was banned in the end?

It might be because nearly all of his topics were closed and that's not a good start here on the Community. Better off without.

Plus, @ShakenNotStirred, I think this is a great idea for a thread. I'll have to get back to you on the worst thread.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 512
    I usually post on ajb007, and only last week a thread in which I speculated whether James Bond should cop off with the notorious real-life female terrorist the White Widow; it mysteriously disappeared, rather like the White Widow herself, so appropriate in a way.

Some threads over there are from mad folk who fancy there chances as the next Bond and want EON to check them out, cos that would obviously be the best place to find the new Bond, right? One called Bale even insisted he was the actor of Batman films and we would kick ourselves for mocking him when the casting was revealed, he got quite angry. Even more remarkably, some Ajb members had a note of reserve or caution in their replies to him, as if fearing there might be a slim chance it was actually true.

Then there was The Goon, whose thread 'How many times a day do you fart?' with the line 'C'mon guys don't be shy!' swiftly attracted a padlock.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I remember ther being an x-rated thread on Bond, (presumably by Dressed2Kill)
    I usually post on ajb007, and only last week a thread in which I speculated whether James Bond should cop off with the notorious real-life female terrorist the White Widow; it mysteriously disappeared, rather like the White Widow herself, so appropriate in a way.

Some threads over there are from mad folk who fancy there chances as the next Bond and want EON to check them out, cos that would obviously be the best place to find the new Bond, right? One called Bale even insisted he was the actor of Batman films and we would kick ourselves for mocking him when the casting was revealed, he got quite angry. Even more remarkably, some Ajb members had a note of reserve or caution in their replies to him, as if fearing there might be a slim chance it was actually true.

Then there was The Goon, whose thread 'How many times a day do you fart?' with the line 'C'mon guys don't be shy!' swiftly attracted a padlock.

Surely a cork would have been more appropriate!

Surely a cork would have been more appropriate!

Given your name, we know where your mind is, @WillyGalore! :))
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,695
    Sandy wrote:

Indeed. Love the pidgin English, too.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Samuel001 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

It was two threads going at once wasn't it? Something like "I've just met Will Smoth in a cafe and he's going to be Bond in Bond 22!" Crazy beyond belief.
    Haha, good times.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Indeed. Love the pigeon English, too.

Isn't it pidgin English?
    Okay, found two strong cotnenders, the one I already mentioned and another one which is pretty much the same topic:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5843/could-malorey-be-a-double-agent/p1

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4848/mallory-head-of-quantum/p1
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Isn't it pidgin English?

And in defense of Balje he is a great fan of 007 even if his opinion does differ sometimes from the mainstream her on MI6. His contributions have never failed to entertain me, in a very good way.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,314
    Oh dear. I posted the 'Head of Quantum' thinking aloud to test the water. Can't believe it's the most stupid thread ever...

Surely ...
    SaintMark wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Isn't it pidgin English?

And in defense of Balje he is a great fan of 007 even if his opinion does differ sometimes from the mainstream her on MI6. His contributions have never failed to entertain me, in a very good way.

I often struggle to understand his opinions, but he is certainly entertaining.