Greatest scene in Superhero movies.

edited October 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 6,432
Greatest scene or scenes in a superhero film.

Comments

Superman 2 Donner cut - When jor el gives his life force to give Superman his powers back, epic scene.

Avengers - When Iron man returns to stark tower, and the Iron man suit disassembles. That scene just purrs with Loki in the background.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Best scene of this movie.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Superman 2 Donner cut - When jor el gives his life force to give Superman his powers back, epic scene.
    Agreed so much.

Avengers- when Hulk cuts Loki's whiny speech short with a slamming.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Agreed so much.

Avengers- when Hulk cuts Loki's whiny speech short with a slamming.

That's hilarious that scene, Hulk batters him to a pulp.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I always liked the final fight on the top of the cathedral in Batman.
    I love Keaton's grin before he off's this guy.
    Murdock wrote:
    Best scene of this movie.

From one of the greatest animated movies, the other great animated movies tend to be batman.

Scene when Batman is remembering Andrea Beaumont and it cuts to Batman close up shot with rain falling from his cowel in mask of the phantasm.
    Too much agreement on this thread; no controversy... :))
  • Clark Kent->Superman->Clark Kent within one minute.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Too much agreement on this thread; no controversy... :))

Always a good thing ;-)
    Joker's introduction. ;)
    "The truth is....
    I AM Ironman."

awesome.
    Oh I almost forgot my personal favorite. :D
    Think the scene when Batmam first takes vicky vale to the batcave is pretty awesome. Probably the best live action Batcave on film.
    chrisisall wrote:
    "The truth is....
    I AM Ironman."

awesome.

Is that from the 3rd film?
    Think the scene when Batmam first takes vicky vale to the batcave is pretty awesome. Probably the best live action Batcave on film.
    Agreed.

The '89 Batman is simply TOO FULL of amazing & iconic moments. The Keaton/Burton Batfilms need a whole new door! (thread) :))
    chrisisall wrote:
    The '89 Batman is simply TOO FULL of amazing & iconic moments. The Keaton/Burton Batfilms need a whole new door! (thread) :))

Must admit when i watched it on bluray recently, blew me away. It does get better with time. Recently listened to Kevin smiths take on the aborted superman lives film that was 30million into production. If you have time its worth a look on youtube its hilarious.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Kevin smith on superman lives, must watch. very funny

Warning profanity.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The end swinging sequence in spider-man (2002)

Spider-Man Vs Doc Ock train fight sequence in spider-man 2 (2004)

Nightcrawler's White House infiltration in x-men 2

The opening credits to Donner's superman (John Williams is THE master)

Batman jumping down the centre spot of the stairwell with all the bats flying all over the place in batman begins

Ironman returns to the Middle East to save the people and decimates the tank in ironman

Tony's armours come to the rescue in ironman 3

Thor vs ironman vs captain America in the avengers

Hulk vs Thor in the Avengers

The tracking shot of the action sequence in the fight for New York in the avengers

Cat woman "meows" and blows up the shop in batman returns

Every fight scene in blade 1 and 2

Johnny flies in pursuit of the silver surfer in fantastic 4 2

edited October 2013 Posts: 11,139
    Edit

Would have to be the New York battle in Avengers Assemble for me!!! :O
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    One of my most recent favorites is in 'Man of Steel.' Massive spoilers follow:
    After Superman snaps Zod's neck, and just drops to his knees and screams.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have a few:

- Catwoman handsprings towards Batman and Penguin in Batman Returns, stops, says 'miauw' and the entire building behind her explodes. Epic.

- In Avenger we seemingly jump from hero to hero in one single take during the climactic battle.

- Kal-El takes several years worth of lessons from Jor-El in Superman The Movie. John Williams makes the Fortress Of Solitude quite simply great.

- Ironman goes ballistic on the Taliban. Forgive me, I too have my secret post-9/11 revenge fantasies.

- Magneto pulls the iron out of the fat guard's body in X2 and uses it to escape in an almost divine manner.

- Final shot in Batman ('89): Batman watches the new Batsignal.
    Most Superman moments involving Christopher Reeve ie his final line at the end of Superman 1 where he tells the warden "Dont thank me Warden, we're all part of the same team. Also when he gets his revenge in Superman 2 against the bully in the Diner and of course when he crushes Zod's hand and lifts him, shakes his head at him before throwing him into the depths of the Fortress of Solitude.
    Any moment in the Dark Knight involving Heath Ledger also bring a smile to my face.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,405
    The wild and determined expression on Tony Stark's face while he puts the armour on from the case in Monaco is the best for me. In second place, the Black Widow's resigned facial expression when she ears the AC/DC song announcing Iron Man's arrival in the Avengers.
    Third, Batman's fighting stance when a kung-fu madman jumps over a fence doing backflips to face him. Fourth, the Thor-Hulk slugfest, especially when Hulk tries to lift the hammer.

Honorable mention: King Kong, yeap, anyone saving Naomi Watts from 3 hungry T-Rex is a Super-Heroe in my book. So, on that base, King Kong fight against those 3 T-Rex is one hell of a scene!
    edited October 2013 Posts: 11,139
    Anyhow they got Hulk to lift Mjolnir like they did in the Avengers animated movie would have resulted in me getting up and walking out if the cinema. Thank God they didn't screw that up for the live action movie.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The confrontation between Nicholson and Palance in BATMAN(1989) is up there. That set is fantastic, and they both play that scene so well.
  • When Superman first appears and saves Lois Lane from the helicopter accident in Superman the Movie...gets me every time.

When Eric Lensherr lays waste to the Nazis in the bar in Argentina in First Class.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    When Superman first appears and saves Lois Lane from the helicopter accident in Superman the Movie...gets me every time.

When Eric Lensherr lays waste to the Nazis in the bar in Argentina in First Class.

The scene with Eric in 'First Class' is so Bondian.