And my favourite games

1) Assassin's Creed 2
    2) Dishonoured
    3) James Bond Nightfire
    4) GTA V
    5) Assassin's Creed Revelations
    6) Zelda Twilight Princess

Where's "GoldenEye 007" for Nintendo 64? :D

As much as I loved it when I first played it, I don't think it holds up very well today. Played it not that long ago and I think it's aged very badly.

I know it's controversial but I think Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing are by far the best Bond games. I still play them fairly regularly and they're as good as they were when they first came out.
  • And my favourite games

1) Assassin's Creed 2
    2) Dishonoured
    3) James Bond Nightfire
    4) GTA V
    5) Assassin's Creed Revelations
    6) Zelda Twilight Princess

Where's "GoldenEye 007" for Nintendo 64? :D

As much as I loved it when I first played it, I don't think it holds up very well today. Played it not that long ago and I think it's aged very badly.

I know it's controversial but I think Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing are by far the best Bond games. I still play them fairly regularly and they're as good as they were when they first came out.

I think GoldenEye 007 is fondly remembered and revered for how innovative it's 4 way multiplayer was. Actually, I don't think the single player mode was all that special. In my opinion, Everything Or Nothing was far superior in that respect.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    It's definitely my favourite GTA game and my favourite R* game. One of my favourite games ever too.

Grand Theft Auto Ranking

1) GTA V
    2) Vice City
    3) GTA IV
    4) San Andreas
    5) GTA III

I think your missing a few, or is this all you have played?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I have played the first two but not enough to fairly rank them. I played the first one once or twice at a friends house years ago and I can barely remember it.

The second one I still have somewhere, I have it on Gameboy. But I got it years after it first came out, at a carboot sale in the 00s, and I didn't really bother with it. Just messed about on it a few times and didn't play it again after that.

I also played the GTA IV expansions but I just lumped them in with GTA IV on my list. I had Chinatown wars on my phone, which was fun, but again, I just messed about on it with cheats.
  • Update from Rockstar regarding online play, which goes live tomorrow:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html#.UklQGcLEmwc.twitter

Quite interesting to note that they're pretty much admitting already, their servers aren't gonna cope! Don't think any of us can be too surprised by that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillyGalore, I'm glad they're accepting and realizing that. All developers should do so. I hate when a game comes out and is incredibly laggy online, and they think "Wait, how did this happen," when it's something they should have been prepared for.

I'll be switching back and forth between GTA Online and the BF4 beta tomorrow.
  • Forgot The Walking Dead on my favourite game list. That's probably my 2nd favourite, pushing everything else down by one.
    I think GoldenEye 007 is fondly remembered and revered for how innovative it's 4 way multiplayer was. Actually, I don't think the single player mode was all that special. In my opinion, Everything Or Nothing was far superior in that respect.

I think Nightfire beats it multiplayer wise too. Took what Goldeneye introduced and expanded on it to make it even better.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I finally beat it early this morning, and will give my thoughts on it once we are cleared for spoilers.
  • I finally beat it early this morning, and will give my thoughts on it once we are cleared for spoilers.

I think it's ok for opinions now. Just be sure to put in the spoiler brackets if you're commenting on plot.
    Who's looking forward to trying out (if the lag allows) the Online tomorrow?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Who's looking forward to trying out (if the lag allows) the Online tomorrow?

Can't wait to get my hands on that. Although you're right that the lag will be a problem most likely.
    @bondbat007, I'll switch back and forth between the Online and the BF4 beta if it poses a massive problem. I'm hoping they're both up to download/play by noon.
    R* servers have crashed already. What a complete shock!

I also hear Online has caused single player crashes and save deletes for some. Loading up Online now! Haha.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I also hear Online has caused single player crashes and save deletes for some. Loading up Online now! Haha.

I haven't even attempted it yet. May wait a few days. This could take weeks to get up to speed. The biggest mistake R* have made is to open up multiplayer to everyone at the same time instead of rolling it out in stages, so US 2 weeks ago, Europe last week, Asia this week etc etc.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I haven't even attempted it yet. May wait a few days. This could take weeks to get up to speed. The biggest mistake R* have made is to open up multiplayer to everyone at the same time instead of rolling it out in stages, so US 2 weeks ago, Europe last week, Asia this week etc etc.

That's true. I selected my Online character from the character wheel in single player, and it just took me to a black screen. After five or ten minutes, I had to dashboard. Already having a blast! Let's hope the BF4 beta doesn't cause as many problems, either.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's true. I selected my Online character from the character wheel in single player, and it just took me to a black screen. After five or ten minutes, I had to dashboard. Already having a blast! Let's hope the BF4 beta doesn't cause as many problems, either.

I've been reading R*'s forums this afternoon. That seems to be a common complaint.
    @WillyGalore, and after I reloaded it and tried to access the Online through the Start Menu, it just told me all of Rockstar's servers/Social Club additions are down. Looks like this thing that they held from us for two whole weeks will be yet another wait, as this is beyond unplayable right now. Lag isn't even the issue now, it's loading the damn thing. I'm either sitting at a black screen or failing the Start Menu load.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    There are lots of gamers defending R* but the way I see it they've had a hell of a long time to get this right. Not to mention the fact they've taken over a Billion Dollars from us - the consumer. If I buy a car, I expect it to work not to be told "well we appreciate the brakes don't work but it's something we didn't anticipate so you'll have to be patient for the next few months till it's fixed".
    @WillyGalore, in this situation, I refuse to defend anyone. They had this big idea for the Online, and yes, they were given two straight weeks to sort it out. After making over $1 billion, were they really surprised that so many people were up and ready to play the Online today? I've seen some people with achievements and Online stories already, while I can't even get past a black screen.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, in this situation, I refuse to defend anyone. They had this big idea for the Online, and yes, they were given two straight weeks to sort it out. After making over $1 billion, were they really surprised that so many people were up and ready to play the Online today? I've seen some people with achievements and Online stories already, while I can't even get past a black screen.

If they'd have opened up online from launch day then they could have spent the last two weeks ironing out the bugs and glitches. Instead, they force everyone to wait till today and then expect our sympathies when they say "we didn't know it would be this bad". What the hell did they think was gonna happen for goodness sake? GTA IV sold over 25 million copies. Did they seriously not think that V would sell more than that? It's a complete cop out and piss poor PR. But hey, they've made a s*** load of cash from us so what do they care if online works or not!
    @WillyGalore, the same thing happens to games like CoD today, even though the newest one always outsells its predecessor. The Online could be smooth and fine by now if they released it at launch. That way, if the Online was bad, you could just play single player until it was ironed out, but now that I've completed the game 100% and have gotten all the SP achievements, I have nothing else to do on it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, the same thing happens to games like CoD today, even though the newest one always outsells its predecessor. The Online could be smooth and fine by now if they released it at launch. That way, if the Online was bad, you could just play single player until it was ironed out, but now that I've completed the game 100% and have gotten all the SP achievements, I have nothing else to do on it.

Or why could they not have spent the last 12 months or so running beta? That would have given them some indication as to what to expect. It seems they've been over ambitious in advertising and hyping up the online mode when in reality they have no idea how it's going to work. They seem to be flying by the seat of their pants. It's funny how they only told us there would be problems like this a day before online was to be launched. No indication of this before the game hit the shops though eh?
    @WillyGalore, I have no clue how the Online layout is - some people have complaints with it that have been able to try it - and I know it's a new thing for them, but they really should have just had it up a while back, even a week after the game was released. By making us wait two weeks, yes, you let everyone solely focus on the single player for two weeks, but what happens then? Lots and lots of us are done with it and are eager to jump on the Online. Even those that aren't done yet are looking forward to trying it. There would be less people trying the Online if it was launched on the 17th, as well, because some of us would have vowed to beat the SP first.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, I have no clue how the Online layout is - some people have complaints with it that have been able to try it - and I know it's a new thing for them, but they really should have just had it up a while back, even a week after the game was released. By making us wait two weeks, yes, you let everyone solely focus on the single player for two weeks, but what happens then? Lots and lots of us are done with it and are eager to jump on the Online. Even those that aren't done yet are looking forward to trying it. There would be less people trying the Online if it was launched on the 17th, as well, because some of us would have vowed to beat the SP first.

Exactly. If they'd have opened online mode immediately, they wouldn't have this problem now. There are many gamers, like myself, that always play the single player mode before tackling multiplayer, so there wouldn't have been an overload on the servers like there is now. By forcing everyone into playing SP from the start it means that everyone now wants to play MP today. It's not rocket science is it!
    @WillyGalore, absolutely not! I finally got into the Online, but I'll give it just a few minutes before it crashes and I cannot play anymore or something.
    @Creasy47 I've read on the forum that it's been corrupting some people's SP mode so I'm staying off it until I know it's up and running properly.
    @Creasy47 I've read on the forum that it's been corrupting some people's SP mode so I'm staying off it until I know it's up and running properly.

I've heard that, too. Thankfully, I've completed everything in the single player...well, that would actually be the worst thing to happen, lose EVERYTHING.
    And whilst we're at it R* have still not released the iFruit app for Android and Windows! By the time they sort that out, the vast majority of people will have finished the game so there will be no need for it. It's such bad management from R*.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I created my online profile, but when I saved and hit Continue, it crashed. :/