For all Thunderbirds Fans

edited June 2020 in Fan Creations Posts: 121

Comments

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    :))
    Used to watch it every time, though I can't reemember these 2 episodes...
    Probably because they were switching from one channel to another at some point.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 121
    edited December 2011 Posts: 858
    Strange, I've seen Thunderbird 6 :-/
    Couldn't remember the ship stranding on a post though, I thought there was some kind of landing mechanism-failure of some kind... Dó remember the Sopwith with Brains though... :D
    MartinBond wrote:
    Strange, I've seen Thunderbird 6 :-/
    Couldn't remember the ship stranding on a post though, I thought there was some kind of landing mechanism-failure of some kind... Dó remember the Sopwith with Brains though... :D

Skyship one getting stuck on the "post" is the finale.

Am I the only one that want them to get on with the new Thunderbirds series??

New Thunderbirds series? Wasn't that announced some years back, rightafter the movie?
    MartinBond wrote:
    New Thunderbirds series? Wasn't that announced some years back, rightafter the movie?

No last year, Gerry Anderson's doing it with the same kit that made New Scarlet.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,699
    JamesC wrote:
    Fantastic article St George! However, the Thunderbirds 2004 movie didnt make a profit in it's theatrical run (maybe it made it's budget back in DVD sales which I heard were high). Incidentally, this morning I purchased John's movie uniform!

WHAT?!

Anyway a TB film (if done properly) would be awesome.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 65
    St_George wrote:

Suggest you change the caption on "Those magnificent men...." - I think you'll find that picture is from their Stingray days.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That is cool! and I am in Japan - but what city is it in?? :) I used to love watching Thunderbirds when I was a kid.
    JamesC wrote:
    It's in Tokyo and it opened yesterday. Do you want me to ask for the address?

Well, I can't get to Tokyo anytime soon - but heck yeah, if I can get the address or close enough so I can Google the area, then I will find my way there sometime. Hope it is popular. It looks like fun. :)
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere here or else on MI6 so I thought I'd paste it below for your pleasure.

“Thunderbirds are Go!” – ITV Studios and New Zealand’s Pukeko Pictures to Re-invent Classic Thunderbirds Series

Iconic Series is Back After 50 Years for a 2015 debut on CITV

ITV Studios is to re-invent the Classic Thunderbirds series 50 years on from its first television debut.

ITV Studios and New Zealand based Pukeko Pictures, in collaboration with world-famous Weta Workshop (Avatar, King Kong, The Lord of the Rings) are to co-produce Thunderbirds are Go! (working title) a 26 x 30’ major new children’s series set to debut on ITV and UK’s CITV Channel in 2015.

This re-invention of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson’s iconic series will be produced using a unique mix of CGI animation and live-action model sets. Showcasing Pukeko Pictures’ and Weta Workshop’s ground-breaking creative and technical excellence, it will deliver a whole new level of action-adventure animation for today’s audience, whilst also affectionately paying tribute to the legacy of model locations from the classic series.

Featuring the world’s most famous family of heroes, International Rescue, Thunderbirds are Go! will blast the five brave Tracy brothers back on to television screens piloting their incredible vehicles into impossible rescues across the globe.

Thunderbirds are Go! will be executive produced by Estelle Hughes for ITV Studios, Giles Ridge for ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) and Richard Taylor and Andrew Smith for Pukeko Pictures. The series head writer is Rob Hoegee (Generator Rex, Teen Titans, Ben 10, Slugterra.)

Thunderbirds are Go! is commissioned by Jamila Metran, Head of Programming for CITV, and is currently in pre-production.

Denise O Donoghue, Managing Director ITV Studios UK, comments: “Thunderbirds is a highly respected brand that continues to hold recognition around the world. This cult series is often credited as changing the history of animation and action-adventure, and we look forward to taking the show to another level while retaining the much-loved heritage that has endured over the past fifty years.”

Jamila Metran, Head of Programming for CITV, adds: “Thunderbirds Are Go! will be a hugely exciting new show for the CITV audience. We’re delighted to be working with ITV Studios and the talented teams at Pukeko Pictures and Weta Workshop, whose success and innovation is renowned across the film and television industry. Thunderbirds is a much-loved British institution with significant global recognition, and our audience will relish this timely opportunity to discover the new series fifty years on.”

Richard Taylor, co-owner of Pukeko Pictures and Weta Workshop, says: “Thunderbirds was a hugely influential television series in my childhood. Having watched it originally in black and white, it was only years later that I discovered the full and rich world that Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, Derek Meddings, Mike Trimm and their team created. It is thrilling therefore to think we have the opportunity to work with ITV on this new series inspired by this most wonderful of British shows. I personally, together with the teams here at Pukeko Pictures and Weta Workshop, look forward to designing and creating an inspirational world that will engage the imagination of a whole new generation as it did for us nearly half a century ago.”

Andrew Smith, CEO of Pukeko Pictures, adds: “Pukeko Pictures is focussed on high-quality value-based programming, and we are thrilled to be associated with such an iconic brand, one that brilliantly encompasses family values, heroism and generosity. We are very proud to partner with ITV Studios to create a new era of Thunderbirds.”

ITV Studios Global Entertainment retains worldwide rights to the Thunderbirds brand and is the global distributor for the Thunderbirds Are Go! television series and consumer products.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60743
  • With Anderson dead I'm not sure if it'll be any good.

But then I never really enjoyed Thunderbirds anyway. I did watch Captain Scarlet when I was a kid though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Rosamund Pike is to voice Lady Penelope in the upcoming series. Another Bond connection for us.

“I’m very excited to bring Lady Penelope’s wry wit and taste for adventure to a new generation,” Pike commented. “Exploring the scenes with David Graham has been an absolute delight. The scripts are very modern, very fresh and very funny. We’re all eagerly anticipating our next stint in the recording studio!”
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is exciting news! Any word on when this new series will be launched?
  • Here's the story on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24331517

It's scheduled to air on ITV in 2015
    edited September 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I really loved Thunderbirds! I am quite interested in this new series. It is with models and animation, right? Not live actors? Now I'll read the link, which will probably answer my questions ...

And it seems it will be miniatures, not live people. I am psyched for this one!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I simply hope they won't toddler this thing up, like they did that film with Ben Kingsley. Hopefully this new series will keep some of the old 60s vibes flowing.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 3,333
    rsz_thundergo.jpg

ITV have offered more glimpses into their CGI/live-action remake of Thunderbirds. Entitled Thunderbirds are Go! and set for a 2015 release, only a few sneak images have managed to find their way onto the internet such as this in-progress sketch of a redesigned Thunderbird 1 .....

TAG-TB1-Proto.jpg

and this brief viral teaser featuring Thunderbird 2....

http://hi-secure.net/

UPDATE:
    Here's the first image of the new Thunderbird 1. I must say, it looks pretty much identical to the original.

1403184476-948.jpg
  • Is there any recent news on the new series? I'm so looking forward to this, I hope they keep the old characters, especially Ms. Penelope.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Great news, just in time for Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34256587
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Yes, I saw the first few episodes, and thought they retained all the classic hallmarks, just updated.

Do you have any info on the three classic episodes, perchance?