Are there any women here on MI6?

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
I didn't see this type of thread yet, so I took it upon myself to start it. Obviously men are big fans of Bond. We want to be him, bed the women, save the world, drive the Aston, gamble it all and win big, but what about the women who want to be with him? So, any women here on MI6, make yourselves comfortable and tell us what you like about Bond, what got you into watching the films and what appeals to you about him and the films? What about the Bond girls? Are they too unbelievable and unattainable or do you feel they are positively representative of female power? If the former, what can be done to better represent the female audience? If the latter, what do you feel makes these Bond girls such a great representation of female empowerment? So ladies, those are just a few conversation starters, but feel free to interject any opinions or feelings towards the world of Bond. And boys, lets sit back, comment and get a view into how women feel about our biggest fantasy. ;-)

<b>Mod Edit - Title changed. Let's not encourage spam / derailing </b>

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    All our women are working hard to keep the forums clean and feed the mods.

Just joking. ;;)
    All our women are working hard to keep the forums clean and feed the mods.

Just joking. ;;)
    Hahaha!
    :-j
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 348
    Looks like someone stole your women.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    There's a few. A shame we don't see them that much around here these days.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There has to be at least five right guys? This isn't how I thought this thread would turn out.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    As for this topic, I wondered what happened to lalala2004? She was a big TLD fan as I recall.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 23,449
    Yeah well, this is a forum for real men after all.

Let's say it's tough for women to meet our standards. =;
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That and we are like a 5* hotel, some people just can't afford to book a reservation with us.
    THE TOP TEN CHUCK NORRIS FACTS:
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
    Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
    Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
    If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.
    Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
    When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
    Chuck Norris built a time machine and went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. As Oswald shot, Chuck Norris met all three bullets with his beard, deflecting them. JFK's head exploded out of sheer amazement.
    Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.
    They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it wouldn't take shit from anybody.
    A blind man once stepped on Chuck Norris' shoe. Chuck replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Chuck Norris!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this man ever saw, was a fatal roundhouse delivered by Chuck Norris.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So I tried to crack a joke with a picture, and I can't figure out the simplicity of pasting a picture here. I copy one and it won't let me paste it. Help!
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/372/mi6-community-a-how-to-guide

Don't worry. I posted my first picture today. You get used to it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just because a person is a woman doesn't mean they aren't mega Bond fans. There are girls out there probably on the scale of our fandom or higher. That seemed a little shallow @Dimi.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/372/mi6-community-a-how-to-guide

Ironic, because you have failed equally @SharkBait. I see no photo. David Blaine strikes again!!!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,372
    Ahh, there we go. Thanks, everyone.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,882
    Quote my post, and remove the http link, that'll give you the code to post pics.

Just because a person is a woman doesn't mean they aren't mega Bond fans. There are girls out there probably on the scale of our fandom or higher. That seemed a little shallow @Dimi.
    Sir, read the irony. ;;)
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 2,107

Ironic, because you have failed equally @SharkBait. I see no photo. David Blaine strikes again!!!
    There wasn't supposed to be a picture because I pasted no url. I only wrote "put url here" inside the code, not thinking that the code itself would think that I was pasting an url. My mistake :p

edit: But I meant to say that I posted my first picture on this new messageboard earlier today :-D

Still getting used to the new coding system myself.

There wasn't supposed to be a picture because I pasted no url. I only wrote "put url here" inside the code, not thinking that the code itself would think that I was pasting an url. My mistake :p

edit: But I meant to say that I posted my first picture on this new messageboard earlier today :-D

Still getting used to the new coding system myself.
    No, my mistake.
    Well, aren't you a gentleman. You must be a brit :p
    I am an American actually, who reads too much literature for a young man. It is strange though @SharkBait. Every time I finish a Bond film I always slightly talk in a British accent for a bit after. It is quite strange and involuntary.
    @0Brady, I go all-out Bond when I finish a film, especially when I see one in theaters. When I saw 'Cowboys & Aliens' during the opening weekend, I kept quiet, walked like Craig, and just stay in character.
    I'd do that too. But I'm far too pretty compared to Craig. In a boyish kind of way that is. I'm 26, and people often mistake me for a 21 year old. I've been cursed with the Leo DiCaprio syndrome. Although I'm far more average looking. But still boyish.

Anyhoo... enough about me :p But when suited, I most feel like Craig's Bond and in my mind try to walk like him, thinking I was a cool as he is.
    @SharkBait, you and I both, brother. I don't have that mean, rugged look. I have the boyish looks, sadly. But the same goes with me, if I put on a suit or a polo and chinos, I feel like Craig's Bond the most.
    Has anyone else noticed how this "girl" thread turned into " a bunch of boys describing their looks" thread ? :p
    Haha, yes it has.
    I'm quite sure the girls will come out running...
    They should: we walk like Craig, so they should.
    And I'm blonde... like Craig...*wink wink*... now... let's get ready.

edit: and there's more common with me and Craig ; I share his birthday... although I'm little younger.
    I think the only real thing I share with Craig is that my eyes are bright...green. Damn.

Umm, he was in 'Munich', and that's my favorite movie?

Forget it. Ladies, get on in here.