GRAND THEFT AUTO VI - Announcement and Discussion

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The driving is most certainly more forgiving in this, and I'll admit, there are many races/chase scenes in this game that were accomplished easily because of how the driving is, I just miss the driving from GTA IV, is all.

I don't see how the damage is the same/better at all. Smashing into a wall at 100+ MPH leaves a broken headlight, a scratch, and a slight dent? I miss the metal-twisting, car-crushing crashes from GTA IV.
  • I was frustrated in IV as vehicles only took slight damage before exploding in a fireball. Now however, it does seem that R* have gone too extreme the other way. The vehicles are like tanks now. I was unloading round after round with the machine gun and it took an eternity to destroy a police car. That is probably the worst aspect of the game so far.
    @WillyGalore, I thought the GTA IV damage was nice. Different parts dented in and got damaged, and while I admit that the tires ripping off/bending are annoying yet realistic in GTA V, the rest of the damage is absurd.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I agree that the vehicles take too long to explode. But how great are the explosions when they come, eh?! They're gorgeous...

I have had times where I hit another car going fast with my car and the front fender (or a piece of the front) came off, so there are rare moments like that where it will happen.

Has anyone been attacked by a shark yet? I saw one swimming as Trevor, and you can you the right bumper to attack while in the water, so I assume you can fight back if they attack.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I agree that the vehicles take too long to explode. But how great are the explosions when they come, eh?! They're gorgeous...

I have had times where I hit another car going fast with my car and the front fender (or a piece of the front) came off, so there are rare moments like that where it will happen.

Has anyone been attacked by a shark yet? I saw one swimming as Trevor, and you can you the right bumper to attack while in the water, so I assume you can fight back if they attack.

Yes the explosions are great, especially when a plane blows up in mid air.
    If you stay in the water long enough, eventually a shark will eat you. You'll also get a Trophy/Achievement for it.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 2,400
    I've had cars blow up way too easily. A rough ride down a mountain into a wall or on top of a brick fence will make the car explode, and once I was driving a Bullet down the freeway, a taxi changed lanes unexpectedly, and I t-boned it, sliding along. The taxi promptly exploded, taking my Bullet (and me) with it.

Also, can SOMEBODY please ban @Franklin? He's sent me another message and I don't know how to block a user or report him. Is there at least a way to keep him out of my inbox?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think the planes blow up too easily, though I know they were trying to go for realism. I had to land one on an airstrip for a Trevor mission and had to do it over and over after I couldn't get it to land softly enough. It is tough at times.

@StirredNotShaken, click on the message he sent you without looking at the text in it, then block the screen with your hands where that same text shows up. On the far right hand side of the discussion you will see the option to "Delete Conversation". Press that, and when a window shows up on the middle of the screen, click okay and get out of there fast. That'll delete everything.
  • It seems he's targeting you @StirredNotShaken. I haven't received any messages from him. Has anyone else?

Wish the mods would just boot him off of here.
    I got one too, @WillyGalore.
    I did that already. I want him to stop messaging me, that's my problem!
    Amazing game so far. 22 story missions still left.
    Aston martin DB5 mock up actually has an ejector seat and you can drop spikes. When Franklin got to put on the white tuxedo, I was sure we'd get a Bond parody segment.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why not add one of the Mod's or Admins into the Conversation to show that he's spoiling everything? Then they would be fully aware.
    Yeah, I've driven the DB5 parody. It's called a JB 700. Can't for the LIFE of me place the reference, though.
  • Really annoying. I just spent a small fortune fully customizing my car. Parked it in the garage and saved the game. When I loaded it back up again, the car is no longer there and so I've lost all that money.

Anyone know if this is a glitch?
    Really annoying. I just spent a small fortune fully customizing my car. Parked it in the garage and saved the game. When I loaded it back up again, the car is no longer there and so I've lost all that money.

Anyone know if this is a glitch?

I've got something a tad bit more annoying. I've purchased a Los Santos Customs as Franklin, so I can mod my car free there. The problem is, I can ONLY mod my car at THAT location for free, and ONLY as Franklin. The location? The one that's in the center of the map next to Sandy Shores. Franklin ALWAYS shows up in Los Santos when I switch to him. Why can't he get work done for free at all the locations? I've had the same issue with the cab company, once again only Franklin can buy it and only Franklin gets free cab rides.

As for your lost car, must be a glitch. I haven't lost any cars out of my garage.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I just got the game. It's really something I'm enjoying so far... even if I can only play on Saturdays :(
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I've made this thread last week regarding the DB5 mock up in GTA V. Now, playing the game, look what I've found, another Bond reference maybe?

vt04.jpg
    For sake of updates, can everyone whose gamertags and/or PSN IDs haven't been posted in the OP say them again, as well as which crew you want to join, whether it be your own or one already started by another user?
    POST UPDATED with new info, such as the Skyfall cheat code, the JB 700 gameplay, and more.

http://jbbr.co/GTAV_JB007Ref
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Just wanted to share this story with you all: http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/19/investing/grand-theft-auto/index.html?iid=SF_T_River

130919141357-gta-v-bubblechart-620xa.png
    That is impressive! It beat out its game rival's COD Black Ops II which had $500 million in 24 hours by a huge margin.

Might have to give this a try.
    It made over $1 billion in just three days. Impressive.

Without heavily spoilers, could someone tell me when I get my first chance of driving the DB5?
    Later on in the game. You'll be stealing it and I believe that, following that mission, it is available to buy online for a substantial price.
    Later on in the game. You'll be stealing it and I believe that, following that mission, it is available to buy online for a substantial price.

Awesome, at least I get to drive it before having to purchase. I know the DB5 and another car were locked online earlier in the game, and then when the other car was made available to purchase, it was $10 million.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Awesome, at least I get to drive it before having to purchase. I know the DB5 and another car were locked online earlier in the game, and then when the other car was made available to purchase, it was $10 million.

That was the Z-Type, the $10 million one. I freaked out when it showed up in a mission because it's from GTA2 and I LOVE GTA2. This game has so many references to past games in the series, more so than any other GTA ever.
    Creasy47 wrote:

That was the Z-Type, the $10 million one. I freaked out when it showed up in a mission because it's from GTA2 and I LOVE GTA2. This game has so many references to past games in the series, more so than any other GTA ever.

Really? That is awesome!
    Creasy47 wrote:

Really? That is awesome!

Yeah, it was great. R* really rewarded the lifetime GTA fans with this game. Say what you want about the quality of their games (personally, as they hold my top two spots and about five or six of my top twenty games ever made, I think they're the best devs ever), no developer cares as much about making their fans happy. They earned the billion dollars and I hope they make a billion more.

In GTA2, the Z-Type is the official car of the Zaibatsu gang (hence the name). Its' design is a little bit different in GTA2 with a giant yellow Z emblazoned on the roof. It's also not as slim and long, though it does have an overall similar vintage car appearance. It can be found in all three districts in GTA2 and is one of the most common cars in the game because of that. I think the reference may also have been included because GTA2 takes place this year as well (making it the only GTA to take place in the future).
    edited September 2013 Posts: 784
    GTA2 has always been in my top spot for GTA games(its the only one I own). I gotta take a look at my budget for this month, but I think I may pick this up. I have been reading reviews and they are mostly very positive.
  • I've just completed the "Deep Inside" mission
    You have to dress in a white tuxedo and then steal the JB 700 (DB5) from the studio lot. The moment when Franklin ejects the annoying female passenger was way too funny.
    The cheat code.

jbbr_GTA_V_Skyfall.png