GRAND THEFT AUTO VI - Announcement and Discussion

edited December 2023 in General Discussion Posts: 2,400
It's out now and on its' way to likely be the biggest and best-selling game ever. This is a discussion thread for it to move things out of the "Upcoming games" thread.

Talk about the game, give spoiler-free help, write a review, or discuss elements of the game here. This is also where we will establish MI6C crews for both Xbox 360 and PS3 if people wish to join one. To that end, this thread will also be used to discuss GTA Online.

Please keep it spoiler free, including spoiler tags, until October 1st to accomodate those who will not have sufficient time to power through the game.

Xbox 360 Crews

PS3 Crews

StirredNotShaken's Crew

StirredNotShaken (PSN: Klacid)
0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 (PSN: ertgfyjikjmnhgbh)
WillyGalore (PSN: chubbycubby007)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I bought it but won't play it until I complete splinter cell black list.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I will be getting it this weekend, so I will post my thoughts after I have experienced it for a considerable amount of time.

My PSN ID is:

ertgfyjikjmnhgbh (don't ask)
    Alright, well, that's certainly a copy/paste haha. Are you starting your own crew or joining mine?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    My brother's buying it, so I'll play his copy. I'm not really into it but I'm interested to see what you can do in this game and how free the free-roaming is.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2013 Posts: 11,139
    Some guy was stabbed for the game just after the midnight launch in North London..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10314819/GTA-5-fan-stabbed-and-robbed-of-new-video-game.html
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Bought it this morning. Played about 15mins so far.

My PSN ID: chubbycubby007
    doubleoego wrote:
    Some guy was stabbed for the game just after the midnight launch in North London..

He wasn't killed. The report clearly states he's in a stable condition.
    Guys, when you give your IDs, also specify whether or not you're joining a crew or starting your own.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Guys, when you give your IDs, also specify whether or not you're joining a crew or starting your own.

Well, since we are posting our gamer IDs in a thread where crews are being formed, I thought it was self-explanatory that we were joining your crew, @StirredNotShaken.

Yes, I do wish to join your crew. Sorry for not being lucid enough in my previous post, mate. I guess it is easy to get the impression that we could all be making our own individual crews and not joining already established ones.
    Haha it's fine. Id just feel narcissistic automatically assuming you'd want to join mine haha
  • Yes I'll join your crew also @StirredNotShaken :-)
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Bought it this morning and I played it for an hour or two once I'd finished work. After doing a few missions I went to have a wander and this happened

I went to a strip club, got thrown out for feeling up one of the girls, knocked out the guy at the door with an uppercut, walked back in but everyone was pissed off at me, ended up shooting the security guards, police arrived, fought them for a bit, stole a police car and drove off, ended up at the airport, stole a plane, flew over a military base and got blown up.

So yeah, it's lots of fun so far.
    Had it on so far for about twenty minutes. Just on the beginning mission in Los Santos, taking my time, soaking in everything I see. It's brilliant.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had one of those crazy moments earlier: I'm driving along and I hear sirens. I turn around and see a police cruiser pulling up behind a bus. The two officers step out and start unloading on the bus, and I guess they were going for the driver or trying to shoot through it, because a truck ahead with two men in it stopped and the driver and passenger jumped out. At this time, out of nowhere, a car parked on a corner just detonated. After that, a cop takes a round, hits the ground, but gets back up, and after a tense gunfight, both cops took out both shooters. This entire time, I was caddy-corner to the intersection this was taking place in, sitting in the front seat of my Mustang snapping photos. This world is just full of so much intense, crazy events.
    I'm so jealous of you boys right now it's like you were gushing about having a candle-lit dinner with Eva Green.
    I do not have words for my experience over the past three hours. This game is perfect. Literally, perfect. I've barely even scratched the surface of the storyline. Without a doubt this has bumped Red Dead Redemption off its' pedestal. In my genuine opinion, one which I'm sure will hold up as I continue through the game, Grand Theft Auto V is the greatest video game of all time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hopefully V will be modable to put in the 007 Legends Bond skins like you can in GTA4
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I'm a bit annoyed that the ifruit app is only so far available for IOS. It should have been ready for all platforms before the game launched.
  • RC7RC7
    And on the seventh day God created GTA V. It's a good job the girlfriend is away for 10 days. What a stunningly realised game.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I so want to get it.. Have no money for it right now though
    I went to a strip club, got thrown out for feeling up one of the girls, knocked out the guy at the door with an uppercut, walked back in but everyone was pissed off at me, ended up shooting the security guards, police arrived, fought them for a bit, stole a police car and drove off, ended up at the airport, stole a plane, flew over a military base and got blown up.

So yeah, it's lots of fun so far.

:))
    The only thing I don't like is a lack of features based off of Social Club servers always being down and whatnot. I take some great photos on my phone that aren't saved to my gallery because it goes through it online. Why not just save it to a gallery hard drive, of sorts, like GTA: SA?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I cant wait to get it! Last GTA I played was Vice City. From the videos I have seen on youtube so far, it looks incredible.
    My PSN ID is:

ertgfyjikjmnhgbh (don't ask)

Haha, what the hell!

My PSN is: ProfessorWiggins

I don't have the game yet but anyone can add me if they want, especially if they are Battlefield players.
    So I'm just finished a mission that puts Michael at Del Perro Pier. Then I switch to Franklin and decide "Hey, I'm gonna head over there" figuring that I'd just see Michael as Franklin out of curiosity. I drive there, switch back to Michael, and have him jog down the pier to meet him, figuring I'd see Franklin and that's it. But the game PROGRAMMED FRANKLIN TO RECOGNIZE ME. Now they're talking and hanging out. This game is perfect.
    So I'm just finished a mission that puts Michael at Del Perro Pier. Then I switch to Franklin and decide "Hey, I'm gonna head over there" figuring that I'd just see Michael as Franklin out of curiosity. I drive there, switch back to Michael, and have him jog down the pier to meet him, figuring I'd see Franklin and that's it. But the game PROGRAMMED FRANKLIN TO RECOGNIZE ME. Now they're talking and hanging out. This game is perfect.

The same thing happened with me playing as Michael, only I had NO idea Franklin was on the exact street I was at. I kept following him and he says "Yo, Mikey, best cool that stalker stuff." I just kept right behind him as he got more and more irritated, then I bailed.
    I've been playing this non-stop. What an incredible experience. I love the past GTA games but this is on a whole other level. My xbox live name is the same as my username here: BondBat007. Please feel free to add me. Just add a message you're from MI6
    Lazlow is not only returning here (I believe it was Brady who asked about him) but for the first time is physically seen in a GTA game.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I've been playing this non-stop. What an incredible experience. I love the past GTA games but this is on a whole other level. My xbox live name is the same as my username here: BondBat007. Please feel free to add me. Just add a message you're from MI6

As have I. I've been pretty much absent from the forums since it released, just a hermit in my room playing this game. I got up at 10:30 AM yesterday and played it nearly non-stop until 2 AM today. Insane.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I unlocked Trevor today and I think he's not only my favourite GTA character but one of the best characters in video games. I can't see myself playing as the other two much at all, and I'm hoping for a mission that references Breaking Bad seeing as he runs a meth lab.

I've spotted a handful of references to (and characters from) IV too, which is nice, makes the games feel more connected.

I think Assassin's Creed 2 is the best game of all time but this might have beaten it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Not a bad game, eh? Let's just say, I like it. A lot.
  • I've been taking my sweet time with this so far, trying to savour every moment of it. It's not disappointing that's for sure. Only done half a dozen missions or so. I'm exploring the city and surrounding areas and trying out various activities. Let's just say it's getting better and better and better.
    I had only one class today, so I have been spending the last night printing out bus schedules for routes that come through my campus to somehow get my sorry butt to Wal-Mart to buy this tonight, even if I have to wait an hour for the bus to come back again to pick me up. That way when I get home tomorrow I can finally play it right off the bat, if only for a couple of days before I have to go back to campus Monday morning. I am kind of scared for myself though, since I have tests to study for, readings to do and a short story to write this coming week. This game is going to be the academic ruin of me, I just know it.