DC talks style and humor for the new film....Roger is out...Connery is in.

Comments

• This is exactly what I was hoping for- the great dry wit and a continued return to the days of Connery and Dalton that I started to see happening in Skyfall. Nice!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is exactly what I was hoping for- the great dry wit and a continued return to the days of Connery and Dalton that I started to see happening in Skyfall. Nice!

Seconded. The kind of news I want to hear. Though. For Craig's final film, I want it to be a bang like Tomorrow Never Dies but not as jokey. :)
  • Murdock wrote:
    This is exactly what I was hoping for- the great dry wit and a continued return to the days of Connery and Dalton that I started to see happening in Skyfall. Nice!

Seconded. The kind of news I want to hear. Though. For Craig's final film, I want it to be a bang like Tomorrow Never Dies but not as jokey. :)

I think based on the comments that it'll probably be somewhat closer to Goldfinger as far as the irony and dry wit, as fun as they can make it, but with the tone of The Living Daylights lying underneath. That would be an awesome combination. I'm surprised we got this much so early, but it's encouraging to say the least. I still wish it would be out in 2014 :(

• SharkShark Banned
    When was Roger ever in?
  • Shark wrote:
    When was Roger ever in?

Well, people liked The Spy Who Loved Me well enough, and they thought Brosnan should chart a path halfway between Connery and Moore.
  • SharkShark Banned
    Shark wrote:
    When was Roger ever in?

Well, people liked The Spy Who Loved Me well enough, and they thought Brosnan should chart a path halfway between Connery and Moore.

I meant in the Craig era. It ain't like Skyfall was a Moore-esque romp.
  • Shark wrote:
    Shark wrote:
    When was Roger ever in?

The "He's keen to get home," line was a little Rog-esque, but Craig has on the whole been quite serious.
  • SharkShark Banned
    Shark wrote:
    Shark wrote:
    When was Roger ever in?

The "He's keen to get home," line was a little Rog-esque, but Craig has on the whole been quite serious.

Right. So what Craig means is business as usual.
    After his first two films, D-Craig looked like the heir to Dalton's legacy. As of Skyfall, however, it does seem as if he is intent on developing a more Connery-esque persona.

You gotta admit, though, that it's intriguing to imagine Dan doing The Full Roger, if you know what I mean.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Will Dan have, you know, HAIR in this next one? These are MOVIES where anything can be done. Bond has hair. Connery had HAIR.
    Die Hard movies of late have sucked (in small part) because McClane should have HAIR.
    If Bond movies are slaves to actor's changes in physical disposition, then they need to be recast IMO.
    Hm - considering that I posted the ORIGINAL article...but yeah sure. Whatever.. ;)
This discussion has been closed.