Off the reservation: an Indian for Moneypenny?

edited August 2013 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 135
As Skyfall has proven, open to rebranding characters whose ethnicities were previously non-negotiable (eg. Naomi Harris giving forth as Moneypenny; Gay Q); henceforth, what characters do you believe can change? What characters shall be changed? Are any characters out of bounds?

In my esteemed opinion, EON holds onto no boundaries thus far.

#HNM

Comments

• BigGayIslandBigGayIsland Banned
    As long as the spirit of the character remains intact I am open-minded to anything! :))

But I draw the line at a black Bond! I'd actually rather they brought back Quarrel.
    Richardo wrote:
    As Skyfall has proven, open to rebranding characters whose ethnicities were previously non-negotiable (eg. Naomi Harris giving forth as Moneypenny; Gay Q); henceforth, what characters do you believe can change? What characters shall be changed? Are any characters out of bounds?

In my esteemed opinion, EON holds onto no boundaries thus far.

#HNM
    Was Q gay already when SF came out, or is he since the actor came out?

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,416
    Naomi Harris is English. I don't like introduction of her later in the movie and before that i don't think she get enough screentime.

If Moneypenny must be Indian or Indian look i go for

Parminder-Nagra.jpg
    Parminder Nagra. Moost fame in Uk in Bend It Like Beckham.

morena-baccarin-2696-550x310.jpg
    http://www.superbwallpapers.com/celebrities/morena-baccarin-5831/
    Morena Baccarin. American, born in Brazil. Seen in Homeland.

And if Moneypenny be Dutch:

8929.jpg
    george-clooney-thekla-reuten.jpg
    Thekla Reuten. In Bruges with Ralph Fienes/The American and the first picture is from the Dutch movie bella bettien.

And before Eve whas confirmd, i also haven't mind Villiers (Tobias Menzies) as M assistent who als to be consider gay. Something more people think.

MV5BMzI2MDc3OTIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM3NDI1NA@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

And i sugest Nadia Farès (Maroc/France) and Melis Birkan (Turkish) as sugestion for Hotel Receptionist and other various people as guest like Thekla Reuten as Dutch guest, Justine Cotsonas as American/Turkish guest and Michael G Wilson as bellboy. Indian, Dutch, Maroc, Turkish, Polish, German, American, English or any other culture all have in one thing the same there sleep in the hotel of the villian.

Justine Cotsonas is American with bit turkish/Anne Hathaway look, also can be Moneypenny, Camile or Catwoman in TDKR.
    Q is not gay the actor playing him is. And Moneypenny has already been played by a Canadian, so why not a British who happens to be black? And since when homosexuality is an ethnicity?

That must be the stupidest thread since the "Mallory is Blofeld" one.
  • BigGayIslandBigGayIsland Banned
    edited August 2013 Posts: 56
    Some of us really have nothing positive to say it seems! :))

I suggest we follow M_Balje's example. If you want to mix things up a bit then buddy get mixin'!!
    Q isn't necessarily gay because the actor who played him is. Nothing is known about the character's sexuality. That's some really reductive thinking on your part @Richardo
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
This discussion has been closed.