make your own superspy

edited August 2013 in Fan Creations Posts: 12,837
Wasn't too sure where to put this thread but as its gonna be fan creations this seemed the ideal place.

Ok, basically, if you have any ideas for a spy franchise like james bond or mission impossible then post it here, it should be fun seeing peoples ideas.

I came up with an idea called hunter, set in the future. Hunter is a deadly spy/assasin active in world war three. Hunters real name is never known.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love spies/espionage(obviously) and I've created a character and have written a few short pieces of writing starring him. I focus usually on my spy and his relationships with others and try to make exciting things happen in the settings and plot. Writing spy fiction isn't easy by any means. I have tons of Frommer's guides to the world and take trips to Google maps to make sure I get the places I write about as close as possible to how they are. I'm only 18 and can't travel yet to all the places I've written about. It can be tough, but It is a fun fantasy to write little spy stories.
  • I love spies/espionage(obviously) and I've created a character and have written a few short pieces of writing starring him. I focus usually on my spy and his relationships with others and try to make exciting things happen in the settings and plot. Writing spy fiction isn't easy by any means. I have tons of Frommer's guides to the world and take trips to Google maps to make sure I get the places I write about as close as possible to how they are. I'm only 18 and can't travel yet to all the places I've written about. It can be tough, but It is a fun fantasy to write little spy stories.
    yeah its good fun. id be intrested to here more about your spy too.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Came up with the title for a mid-'60s-style, Americanised Bond take-off the other day, riffing on The Man From U.N.C.L.E...

The Man From San Francisco

Obviously, I wouldn't bother to try and write anything with that title, but it's got an appealing, cool sound to it to my, er, ears. Love the alliterative sound in it too... :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love spies/espionage(obviously) and I've created a character and have written a few short pieces of writing starring him. I focus usually on my spy and his relationships with others and try to make exciting things happen in the settings and plot. Writing spy fiction isn't easy by any means. I have tons of Frommer's guides to the world and take trips to Google maps to make sure I get the places I write about as close as possible to how they are. I'm only 18 and can't travel yet to all the places I've written about. It can be tough, but It is a fun fantasy to write little spy stories.
    I created a guy called Ben Lyons. I have yet to really flesh out his backstory but I've been rolling around ideas about his parents maybe being mercenaries and their tragic deaths lead him to be in the CIA. He is brownish black haired, obviously tough, late twenties early 30s, and has a team he works with at Langley. Some of the girls he has...well you know...Can you tell he's partly influenced by Bond? He is a good fighter, and usually gets missions where he is in the field fixing a situation gone wrong. I don't know whether to go Le Carré or Ludlum as far as action and thrills. I like to have a nice balance of action and reality intertwined. I'm only young and may not have large enough knowledge of the countries I write Ben in outside of travel books, but I may do something with him once I'm hopefully well traveled in the future.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I created a guy called Ben Lyons. I have yet to really flesh out his backstory but I've been rolling around ideas about his parents maybe being mercenaries and their tragic deaths lead him to be in the CIA. He is brownish black haired, obviously tough, late twenties early 30s, and has a team he works with at Langley. Some of the girls he has...well you know...Can you tell he's partly influenced by Bond? He is a good fighter, and usually gets missions where he is in the field fixing a situation gone wrong. I don't know whether to go Le Carré or Ludlum as far as action and thrills. I like to have a nice balance of action and reality intertwined. I'm only young and may not have large enough knowledge of the countries I write Ben in outside of travel books, but I may do something with him once I'm hopefully well traveled in the future.
    cool, i like the idea about his parents being mercaneries. My spy is called hunter and his adventures are set during world war 3. His parents died when the war started, hunter was 15 at the time. The next year he joined the army, when he was 21 he was accepted into the SAS, after 4 years in a special unit for the toughest soldiers his whole team were killed in action. Hunter was the only one alive and returned to england, blaming himself for the death of his team. Hunter was recognised for his language skills and his ability to escape and blend in, and so the decision was made by his superiors to transfer him to MI7, a reactivated security service.

he does mainly assassination jobs, at one point being tasked to kill the american president after britain decides to break their alliance with the US.
    Wow, cool ideas @thelivingroyale. How much writing have you done with Hunter?
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Wow, cool ideas @thelivingroyale. How much writing have you done with Hunter?
    none apart from the paragraph above. I just enjoy thinking of these things :)
    I think @thelivingroyale has something against the US. haha ;)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
    i have something against almost every country :)

but thats not why i chose that plot, i just wanted hunter to have to make a big choice
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    i have something against almost every country :)

but thats not why i chose that plot, i just wanted hunter to have to make a big choice
    Don't worry, I smack my country a little when I write. I can't deny that the FBI and CIA can screw up on a large scale. The FBI lick their lips and look for anyway for a case to turn federal so they can get their hands on it and the CIA can compromise our US security if they slip up on intel or wrongly advise policymakers. It is a steep and dangerous hill to climb. Few ever reach the top in good speed.
    The best Bond tribute while being truly unique is 'Joe 90' circa 1968 created by Gerry Andersen (of Stingray, Supercar, Fireball XL5, Thinderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and Space 1999 fame). The episodes are in 3 parts on YouTube. Give it a tumble and get back to me.
    Now, my fantasy Bond like character is an assassin that rubs out crooked politicians such as arrogant American Presidents, scummy Senators and con-artist Congressmen. Call her 'The Custodian' a hot chick that lures them in with the promise of sex and kills them after they manage to sneak away from their secret service bodyguards for a descreet rendezvous. She always gets her man and remains faithful to her lifelong boyfriend (me). Bwahahahaha {its my fantasy} I'd be the lovable Felix Leiter type character that poses as her chauffer and helps her lift the bodies into the wood chipper and such.
    The best Bond tribute while being truly unique is 'Joe 90' circa 1968 created by Gerry Andersen (of Stingray, Supercar, Fireball XL5, Thinderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and Space 1999 fame). The episodes are in 3 parts on YouTube. Give it a tumble and get back to me.
    Now, my fantasy Bond like character is an assassin that rubs out crooked politicians such as arrogant American Presidents, scummy Senators and con-artist Congressmen. Call her 'The Custodian' a hot chick that lures them in with the promise of sex and kills them after they manage to sneak away from their secret service bodyguards for a descreet rendezvous. She always gets her man and remains faithful to her lifelong boyfriend (me). Bwahahahaha {its my fantasy} I'd be the lovable Felix Leiter type character that poses as her chauffer and helps her lift the bodies into the wood chipper and such.
    That's not as much a spy as it is a psychopathic slasher hooker.
    BUMP
  • BUMP
    Anyone else create a spy? There has to be more, it's everyone's fantasy.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Fine, right off the top of my head, this is:

I've recently been writing down scenes I come up with. And they are a wide range of things. I've always wanted to direct movies, and I love to sit and just picture a scene playing out. A few of them are action scenes. So here is a way for me to plug them in.

You have a spy, insert-cool-name-here (Clint, I just came up with, you'll see below), and he is a man of no nations, but a man of the United Nations. Lets say its 2030, the UN is a more powerful body now. Sort of like a more efficient version of their current set up, where the UN sort of polices the world. They have an elite group of spy's (and assassins) that come from no nationality. They have no legal, national, christian, jewish, or catholic name. Simply a name assigned for their records. The UN has divided the world into 26 policing districts, based off of the alphabet. Each spy has a last name starting with A-Z, and there are only 26 agents. (The agents aren't the only force policing the 26 zones, btw) They are essentially there for special operations, intel gathering, and for issue/individual annihilation when necessary. Each district is assigned a name, and each name is assigned a highly trained individual. So if the spy dies, a new guy replaces him but keeps his name. Essentially being Austin - 1, or Austin -5 in the records, granted he polices section A.

A - Austin
    B- Brown
    C- Clint
    D- Dent
    E- Everett
    F- Fritz
    G- Gordon
    H- Hunt (M:I anybody?)
    I- Ingol
    J- Jones
    K- Kile
    L- Lewis
    M- Miller
    N- Naft
    O- Owens
    P- Preston
    Q- Quint
    R- Rush
    S- Smith
    T- Tash
    U- Ule
    V- Vad
    W- Wilson
    X- Xander
    Y- Yale
    Z- Zade

Our spy stories follow C, or Clint. He introduces himself only as Clint.
    Good? Add on as you wish.
    Chevy Steel

Black hair
    Big eyes
    Works out
    Good with the ladies
    Cars
    Women

• David Forrest - Reluctant spy/assassin for a clandestine rogue branch of CSIS. Has a mundane life as a DJ outside of occasional assignments/hits. Falls in love only to discover his girl is his next target. After digging deep, he finds she is innocent. He is tasked with sniping her from an apartment building, but instead bumps off his partner and runs away with her.
    A conspiracy unravels and it is discovered that his spymaster is selling secrets and other various criminal deeds. Eventually takes out the bad guys and becomes the new spymaster of the rogue branch and reworks it to a smaller scale.

Kind of a mix of Hitman, Bond, Splinter Cell, Mission: Impossible.