Fiona Volpe Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    doubleoego wrote:
    I also loved Volpe's line of, 'wanna bet?' after Derval said he may not be in the mood for sex when he gets back. That confidence and self assuredness, wrapped in voluptuous sex appeal is just one of many reasons why Volpe is THE Bond girl in my book.

Yes, she sounds very Americanised there, but sexy with it always. Fiona Volpe is the template bad girl femme fatale in a Bond film, but then I have a real weakness for redheads!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well we used to have a redhead appreciation thread on the old forums, but I guess that's out of order these days.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,810
    Well we used to have a redhead appreciation thread on the old forums, but I guess that's out of order these days.

They'll accept that sort of thing over on Bond and Beyond (BaB), though as they used to have a thread there on just that! They need the numbers, too.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote:

They'll accept that sort of thing over on Bond and Beyond (BaB), though as they used to have a thread there on just that! They need the numbers, too.

Wasn't that put up by Brown? It'd be fun to have some fun like that again, I miss the joyfull banter now and then. But I'm too busy these days to check too many forums. Go a fulltime job AND my own company.
    Incidentally, I'm now off to a redhead..
    Dragonpol wrote:

Wasn't that put up by Brown? It'd be fun to have some fun like that again, I miss the joyfull banter now and then. But I'm too busy these days to check too many forums. Go a fulltime job AND my own company.
    Incidentally, I'm now off to a redhead..

Yes, the site is not going too well. I've met a few lovely redheads in my time.
    Ludovico wrote:
    I believe that was Angelo, not Lippe.

Angelo was the doppleganger. It was Derval. Who died happy.

I always get 'em confused. Can't imagine why!

Ludovico wrote:

Yes, it is fairly convoluted. They nearly had me there, too!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Red heads are temperamental...just the way I like my women...occasionally.
    doubleoego wrote:

Well that's true, too.
    Ludovico wrote:

Because in the novel it is only Angelo Petachi, there is no doppleganger, only a corrupted NATO officer.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,810
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Because in the novel it is only Angelo Petachi, there is no doppleganger, only a corrupted NATO officer.

Yes, though the name in the novel is Guiseppe Petachi, I believe. It is so very complex.
    One of the very best things about Thunderball, wish we had seen more of her, instead of those prolonged boring underwater sequences

Reminds me of Fatima Blush in a sense, although she was not a part of the official series. I've seen her (Paluzzi) in one or two other movies, and simply put, she's a very attractive and alluring woman. I always enjoy a bad girl in the James Bond franchise. Rosamund Pike and Sophie Marceau haven't quite duplicated the badness of previous actresses in past years for example, in more recent entries. Famke Janssen, borderline case. Didn't do a job for everybody, but back to Paluzzi and her Volpe character - it actually worked
    Famke Janssen did a job; for me, her appearances in the X-Men franchise have been strong and notable. Otherwise, whilst I agree with you, I find I disagree with you completely. Let me explain thus: Luciana Paluzzi appears notable in 1965; yet Famke Janssen appears theresuch in 1995. Against the former, the latter is a modern Bond lady for a modern time. In conclusion, Mrs. Paluzzi held back- as such was the norm in older days, whereas Mrs. Janssen gave of everything she had. At the end of the day; draw your own conclusion.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Well I can assure you I again had very little time to sleep last night, she's certainly keeping the red-heads-are-wild-story going. Back to Paluzzi however; to my mind there has never been a lady in the series again like her. The combination of sheer sexual attraction, beauty and danger is so well done it's one of the reasons TB is my alltime fav. Bond. TBH I think she should've been given an oscar for her role.

• Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Good point. Correct.

Yes, all the talk of Volpe got me dazed and confused.....

Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Yes, though the name in the novel is Guiseppe Petachi, I believe. It is so very complex.

I need to read it again.
    I thought she was smoking hot. Domino (Claudine Auger) was attractive but it was Volpe who kept my eyes glued to the screen. That flaming red hair, that face, that body. Man! And lets face it : her love scenes with Connery are the ones that really heated up the movie, not lead girl Domino.
    I think she's easily the most memorable of all the 'bad' Bond girls. Onatopp was too ridiculous to be taken seriously, Elektra King was decent, but there's something about her that just doesn't keep the interest, Naomi (The Spy Who Loved Me) was on screen too briefly to make an impression, and Miranda Frost just doesn't live long in the memory. A rather mundane and forgettable character. It's a pick between her (Volpe) and Barbara Carrera's Fatima Blush as the best (and a personal favorite), of who was the best bad Bond girl, (even though they were basically the same character) or at least left a lasting impression, but the latter wasn't a part of the official series, so can we even include her ? That said, Paluzzi would seem to take the honors on this particular contest
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I thought she was smoking hot. Domino (Claudine Auger) was attractive but it was Volpe who kept my eyes glued to the screen. That flaming red hair, that face, that body. Man! And lets face it : her love scenes with Connery are the ones that really heated up the movie, not lead girl Domino.

Completely agree! I don't think I can remember any actress beeing that hot on-screen.
    LucianaPaluzzi0704b.jpg

she's quite impressed by our writings as you can see ;-)
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 908
    What impresses me most about Ms. Volpe is that she is the only Woman in the whole series, that makes Fun of Bond. The Way she treats him, after he indicates that he just bedded her in the Name of duty and that she thinks too highly of herself, makes her the only true equal to 007 as a sexual predator. She truly ridicules him for thinking she might change sides just because they slept together. Maybe this is the only real feminist moment in all of the films (and that was in 1964!).
    Forgetting she was a bad girl and not taking into account whether they were good girls or bad girls, Luciana Paluzzi is one of my top 3 Bond girls of all time
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    What impresses me most about Ms. Volpe is that she is the only Woman in the whole series, that makes Fun of Bond. The Way she treats him, after he indicates that he just bedded her in the Name of duty and that she thinks too highly of herself, makes her the only true equal to 007 as a sexual predator. She truly ridicules him for thinking she might change sides just because they slept together. Maybe this is the only real feminist moment in all of the films (and that was in 1964!).

Interestingly enough the opposite happens with Elektra King, as she claims Bond will 'miss her''. I completely agree with your observation, except for that 'feminist moment'. She has more. When she [icks Bond up when his 'boat just capsized' she surely takes him for a ride. And to Largo she's quite decisive when she claims she'll 'deal with him [Bond] later.' effectively giving Largo orders.

The chemistry between Connery and Paluzzi is quite strong as well. Love the scene where he gives her something to put on..