Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

edited July 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 9,730
Figured this film deserves it's own thread I am excited about it but still letting it sink in.

What should the Batman Superman movie be called?
Who should play Batman?
What Villans should be used?

Comments

I was going to ask about the third point you have their? Is it going to be Batman V Superman? Or is there going to be a villain that is bigger than both of them?
    In the 2002 script batman and superman took on Luthor and Joker

Personally I am hoping for Metallo and Deadshot but my opinion only
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432

Superman and Batman vs Metallo. Maybe they could draw some inspiration from the animated Superman/Batman movies.
    I've said for a while just give Bruce Timm and Paul Dini control of all DC live action films. They obviously "get" the characters much better than anybody else
  • RC7RC7
    Doesn't seem to have been mentioned here but the quote used to launch this during Comic Con was from the following Miller masterpiece

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns

If you haven't read it, I suggest you seek it out.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I've said for a while just give Bruce Timm and Paul Dini control of all DC live action films. They obviously "get" the characters much better than anybody else

Timm could be a great director, but I don't know about Dini writing live-action scripts. Plus, Dini seems more like a TV guy, and probably can't put together a script for a 2-2 1/2 hour film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I have the animated movies of the dark knight returns and as cool as batman is, I hated the fight between bats and Supes. It's like batman is frikkin' immortal. After the physical pummelling he endured from the start of part 1 upto the superman fight, it was just crazy.
    doubleoego wrote:
    I have the animated movies of the dark knight returns and as cool as batman is, I hated the fight between bats and Supes. It's like batman is frikkin' immortal. After the physical pummelling he endured from the start of part 1 upto the superman fight, it was just crazy.

Got part 1 on Bluray thought it was a brilliant animated movie. Still not seen part two yet.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    But, Peter Weller's voice acting makes that scene completely worth it.
    Weller was good, however, the part where he's giving some speech whilst on horse back sounded completely off. Also, joker was fantastic, his level of craziness reached an all time high.
    Yes, the horseback scene just seemed out of place, and it was in the graphic novel.

yeah this was an odd scene.

I have seen the fight and meeting in animated form a few times, and this is still the Best

if the film has this kind of Scene I will be happy the horseback scene no so much
  • AgentCalibosAgentCalibos Banned
    This would have been a better sequel
    2682403-052109_terminator_tm.jpg
    I can't abide Batman, just bores me to death, and why we're discussing a movie that's two years away from actual release, only some know. The time for this would of been better nearer the actual release date, and guess that applies to Bond 24 also, but what can you do. Guess I have to realize that about 90 per cent of all discussions on these pages now will be about Bond 24 and / or Batman, so it could be a damn struggle, but we'll attempt to hang in there. Won't be any surprise to see a new thread started in a week or two about a movie release date for something for 2026 or thereabouts. Not out to cause any disruption but some things can be too much to bear in silence
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 9,730
    I can't abide Batman, just bores me to death, and why we're discussing a movie that's two years away from actual release, only some know. The time for this would of been better nearer the actual release date, and guess that applies to Bond 24 also, but what can you do. Guess I have to realize that about 90 per cent of all discussions on these pages now will be about Bond 24 and / or Batman, so it could be a damn struggle, but we'll attempt to hang in there. Won't be any surprise to see a new thread started in a week or two about a movie release date for something for 2026 or thereabouts. Not out to cause any disruption but some things can be too much to bear in silence

Some people can't speculate beyond tomorrow others the future is their world. Either way lets let people have their fun otherwise why be on a forum?

on topic I have 2 ideas for Batman

For the really young (but could still pull it off) Thor's young Brother Liam Hemsworth

and Bradley Cooper

for an older but still in prime Batman

my thoughts only
    @Risicio, that's not the horse scene I was talking about. It's the one where batman is actually on horseback giving a speech to the "sons of batman" where his voice just sounds horribly strange.

As for casting a new batman, how about Scott Adkins?
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Maybe a bit left field, Jai Courtney as Batman/Bruce thought he was good in Jack Reacher. Less said about Die Hard 5 the better though was not his fault.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    That is very interesting news indeed. I'm not familiar with the actor either but I figured that they wanted someone younger than Bale.
    pachazo wrote:
    That is very interesting news indeed. I'm not familiar with the actor either but I figured that they wanted someone younger than Bale.

I thought that too, no doubt they will be looking to get three or four movies out of the new Batman if they are successfully.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This Tyler Hoechlin looks a bit too similar to Henry Cavill for my taste, but we shall see what comes of this.
    The Tyler rumour has been debunked.
    Awesome so now Bradley Cooper can be cast and Timothy Dalton can be Alfred
    From Bond to butler? Hmmm.
    doubleoego wrote:
    From Bond to butler? Hmmm.

Why not? Michael Caine went from Bond stereotype to butler.
    Alfred is supposed to be former MI6 so.....
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I can't abide Batman, just bores me to death.

That's funny because I feel the same way about Superman, and the Man of Steel was just the biggest bore since the last Transformers film, utter sh*te! But then we all like different things. But if Bats v Supes is along the line of MoS then I'll probably give it a miss, shame because I've loved Batman since the mid-sixties.
  • Wow they're really doing it............... someone read my mind last night..
    Older actor for batman rumored specifically either Jon Hamm Jim Caviesal or a Josh brolin