Spielberg's Curriculum

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 40,369
Apparently, a list has been going around online (unofficially) that states these are 206 movies that any aspiring filmmaker should see to work with him. Whether this is true or not, how many have you seen?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i_Veb7bL4VtDWDdoRegyRPWRxm5MrisFO9sQ9KZ4SaE/preview?hl=en_US&sle=true#

Comments

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    I glanced at the list and I want to say I have watched 90% of it!!

I own the Parallax View DVD, most people never even heard of this film - it's excellent!!

Edgar Wright, who worked with Spielberg on writing Tintin, appears to have confirmed via Twitter that the list is fake.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    How do you find a time to watch it all ??
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    How do you find a time to watch it all ??
    I own several retail electronics stores with a large rental section and I've been watching just about everything since 1992, first on VHS then on DVD.

It's good to have those stores! I would never have watched many of the movies I've seen over the years if I was a paying customer having to pay $4 a rental.

Also, many of my employees are movie buffs: foreign titles and independent titles and they introduced me to many films over the years.

Korea, Chinese, Hong Kong, Japanese, Maylasia, German, French, Scandinavian, Italian, even Australian and Dutch, etc etc

strange that some of Spielberg's films like Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Jurassic Park are not on this list
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Or a few Bond films for that matter...
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Or a few Bond films for that matter...
    I don't know if Steven is a fan of Bond films

:p
    Sure he is. At the time of MR, he longed to do a Bond film himself. Then Lucas suggested they would collaborate for Raiders, which is basically a Bond film in its own right. ;;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,882
    I do believe Dimi is right, Spielberg is a Bond fan. If i'm not mistaken, he's said as much.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    is he still a Bond fan? MR was a long time ago!

I would love to hear his opinion on CR and QoS and the Daniel guy as Bond!

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think he has commented on being a fan more recently.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    He loved CR, and had nothing but praise for Craig. I seem to recall him saying the reboot was a perfect way to change the direction, and adapt CR into a modern day Bond thriller.
    is he still a Bond fan? MR was a long time ago!

I would love to hear his opinion on CR and QoS and the Daniel guy as Bond!

He cast the "Daniel guy" for Tintin, didn't he? I'm sure he's taken a liking to him somehow and that might include his work on Bond.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's really cool. Shame the list is fake, but I would love to see most of these films, anyway.