Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

Hmm - My favourite is Oona Castilla (Chaplin) she had a small, but I really liked her role in Quantum of Solace - probably the best girl in Bond series for me.

Also I like there Audrey Tautou - sorry I really had something to French girls :-), maybe because they were first met by me in London ;-). And twice at first time - so really memorable. That French English accent is so great, especially when they try to teach You "love You" in French :-) ...
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    HER!

ESPECIALLY if they are going to film part of Bond 23 in China; she is part Chinese!!

I SURRENDER!

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pw69ori0hvsa8zx83rqhggcyv6cb2275/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,882
    I was watching Triangle the other night on the SyFy Channel, and I couldn't help but think of the possibility of Melissa George in a Bond film. I saw no problems with her acting, and she certainly is attractive.

^ Overlooking the CIA badge, could that be Alura McCall? On loan to MI6, of course. Not that NF is likely to be made into a film, but still...
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I like Melissa George!

Lady Smythe? Who's that?

there are a few MI-6 members here who H8 Kelly Brook and Gemma Arterton; I still don't understand why!

;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have a feeling that good looking ladies are all too easily considered valid candidates for a Bond girl part. I myself prefer beauties who don't necessarily get peeled off of a photoshopped magazine cover. In other words, I prefer the likes of Rosamund Pike, Eva Greene and Sophie Marceau. But even more importantly, I want a good actress, someone with special talent. Ordinary actresses aren't good enough for a Bond film.

I see many good looking women in this thread, but few of them strike me as special.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Brook, despite not being known for her acting skills, does quite well in House Of 9.

As for you question, J7. The current Lady Smyth is House Of The Devils own Jocelin Donahue. She was preceded by Jennifer Love Hewitt, who in turn was preceded by Kelly Brook. My aim is to break Henry VIII's record of 6 wives. So far i'm up to 3, I think i'm doing pretty good, thus far.
  • I have a feeling that good looking ladies are all too easily considered valid candidates for a Bond girl part. I myself prefer beauties who don't necessarily get peeled off of a photoshopped magazine cover. In other words, I prefer the likes of Rosamund Pike, Eva Greene and Sophie Marceau. But even more importantly, I want a good actress, someone with special talent. Ordinary actresses aren't good enough for a Bond film.

I see many good looking women in this thread, but few of them strike me as special.
    Agree completely, and you put into words something that was in the back of my mind. A Bond girl should be special, not just someone who is beautiful or has their images downloaded often off the internet more than anyone else (cough*Denise Richards*cough). With so many beautiful women in the world of acting surely we can whittle the list down to those that also have great presence, personality, and acting chops.

• HER!

ESPECIALLY if they are going to film part of Bond 23 in China; she is part Chinese!!

I SURRENDER!

j7wild, who is that? I don't think that I've seen her before.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

there are a few MI-6 members here who H8 Kelly Brook and Gemma Arterton; I still don't understand why!

;)
    I'd rather have no Bond movie, than one with Kelly 'I can't act, but I look good' Brook.
    Gemma 'bland ' Arterton did nothing other than a few scenes in QOS.
    Again, looks okay, but nothing to look twice at, and brings nothing to the role.

HER!

I SURRENDER!

She wears a bikini and seems to be of acceptable age. That is all there is to say about her, judging from these pictures (which is the only friggin' thing people seem to do in this thread! X( ) That's no enough! I bet we all have a friend, sister or niece somewhere who fits the picture... but
    • Can she act?
    • How's her English?
    • What does her voice sound like?
    • Can she grace the screen in Craig's presence?
    • What makes her special, memorable, fitting the role like no other?
    • How committed is she to making her role as a Bond girl legendary, unforgettable?
    It feels to me like we're browsing through magazines using only our eyes and hormones as a tool to decide: hey, she would make a good Bond girl!

That's not even how Halle and Denise were cast, yet we all know how wrong that went! Seriously, in deciding who could be a fine Bond girl we need appropriate references like previous acting jobs that were so outstanding you'd choose them over pretty much any other girl.

;)
    I'd rather have no Bond movie, than one with Kelly 'I can't act, but I look good' Brook.
    Gemma 'bland ' Arterton did nothing other than a few scenes in QOS.
    Again, looks okay, but nothing to look twice at, and brings nothing to the role.

Agreed!

Why Kelly Brook? She was in Piranha 3D and still failed to be among the better actors/actresses. She showed 'the twins' and no-doubt made a lot of boys, hungry for 3D nudity, happy. Perhaps she could model for a character in an upcoming video game - I really wouldn't mind. But there's a lot more to an actress in a Bond film than a cute face and a lovely pair.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    HER!

I SURRENDER!

that's OLIVIA MUNN!

and she has acting experience outside of G4 Attack of the Show:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1601397/
    A Daily Show correspondent for a Bond girl?. No, I'd rather take John Oliver in a supporting role. He might even make an interesting Q.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    If the film is going to be shot partly in India, I could see the beautiful Aishwarya Rai as a great choice:

Any thoughts?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Any thoughts?
    No, she's terrible! But no offence ;)

• How about this lady. Great look for a Bond girl in the 2000's - kind of a Solange type of look. A villains lady maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Fernandez
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    can we have Megen Fox ? is she ready
    can we have Megen Fox ? is she ready
    I'm going on record saying she will never be ready for the Bond films. I've seen her in three films so far but I have yet see her act...

No! She'd be another Denise, only worse. Denise, by comparison, can act... a little... I guess.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    How about this lady. Great look for a Bond girl in the 2000's - kind of a Solange type of look. A villains lady maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Fernandez
    no but she can star in one of those movies I have at my video stores

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    If the film is going to be shot partly in India, I could see the beautiful Aishwarya Rai as a great choice
    She'd be considered too old now though and has I'm not sure if you realise this, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 been linked to Bond many times before during Bond 21. I can't see it ever happening personally.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/history_bond_girl_casting_rumours1.php3?id=02881
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I still vote Amy Pond, er, Karen Gillan. Admittatly by far the most entertaining, beautiful and feisty lady in the last Dr. Who series:
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's a least ten years away I think @CommanderRoss. It'd be best to have another look at Gillan then.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 503
    Wow, Felicity Jones is lovely.
    Hmm - but what about real women - spies?
    Valerie Plame Wilson - she is probably most widely known in USA - ex spy, uncovered by political intrigues, and mistake(?don't believe in it - really) article (with only one word "he(her husband) is not a spy, but his wife is"). There was a film about her in this year, but sadly she didn't play in it.

Other agents-spies uncovered - I am really nicely amazed by they look, I didn't even thought that some time, and this just usual girls(like the office one of Mi6) can look so good after some time spend on "dressing" .
    Hmm it would be great to see also them in film - real - office girl(analytics/uncovered) from real MI6, if the chief of service could have a photo on even social network, why they can't take a part in it?

It would be really some fresh "take a look" in Bond series...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Anna Chapman? If we are considering real spies now.

Please note, It's just a joke.
    I said this about a week ago in a different thread. I think Diane Kruger would be a great Bond Girl. She can actually act. She is beautiful, and she would make a great Russian/German/Eastern European Bond Girl. Not to mention she is in the right age range for Daniel Craig unlike some other girls that have been mentioned.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/diane-kruger/diane-kruger-20070629-276853.jpg

http://actress2pictures.com/pictures/Diane-Kruger-3.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Samuel001 'look in ten years'?! hell no, I'll keep on looking every year! ;-)
    Anyway, might be sooner, depending on Daniel's tenure. Is he staying around for 24? IF not and we get a yonger Bond, she'd be the right age..
    Can I suggest Maria Bello;
    http://www.semanticsys.org/wallpaper/maria-bello/maria-bello-17006.jpg
    I find her too be sexy as hell and she's a tremendous actress to boot.
    Can I suggest Maria Bello;
    http://www.semanticsys.org/wallpaper/maria-bello/maria-bello-17006.jpg
    I find her too be sexy as hell and she's a tremendous actress to boot.
    Correct, but she's also 44... I'm not sure that's young enough. Suppose we get Bond 24 in 2014. She'll be 47 then.

I'd love to be able to say that doesn't matter, that the fact she's a talented actress should be all the qualification she needs. Sadly (ok, sadly's probably too strong a word) it's unlikely we'll see a Bond girl over the age of 30-35. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating "James Bond: Granny Snatcher" but casting a Woman over the latest flavour-of-the-month Girl would make for a refreshing change.