Sévérine (SF) vs. Andrea Anders (TMWTGG)

13»

Comments

Current standings:

15 votes so far: Severine
    09 votes so far: Andrea Anders

Interesting ;-).
    I'm surprised it's that close.
    I'm surprised it's that close.

Well, they are very similar characters....in many ways. It's just fun to detect these differences no ;-)?
    Andrea Anders, for me. She was the more attractive of the two.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Ellis wrote:
    Andrea Anders, for me. She was the more attractive of the two.

@-) well that's certainly off my reality grid! I thought Maud improved with age and liked her looks better in OP. I'll still take Marlohe all day and night if you lined them up and told me to pick.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Both are extremely lovely in the films. I do definitely vote for Severine, but that is not to say I do not appreciate Andrea.
    Thought the scenes with Severine were the best scenes in the movie. Though not a big fan of SF. Though Severines scenes were good, stunning attractive woman. I would say she is already iconic also.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes the SF scenes were so beautifully shot, very iconic (thanks again, Roger Deakins!). Bereniece had smouldering Bond girl looks and was a surprisingly good actress in that role.

I am glad Maud got to play Octopussy later, a much bigger and better role for her. But she was memorable as Andrea for sure.
    Later I was thinking..........if we complain so much about Severine's short screentime, why did we never complain about Jill's and Tilly's short screentimes in GF?? Both Tilly and Jill were killed off very soon in the film. Jill's role was a tiny bit short of being nothing more than a cameo. But what a cameo it was! Without Jill we didn't had that iconic scene in which she was painted gold....adding more plot and characterization to Goldfinger's role.
  • Later I was thinking..........if we complain so much about Severine's short screentime, why did we never complain about Jill's and Tilly's short screentimes in GF?? Both Tilly and Jill were killed off very soon in the film. Jill's role was a tiny bit short of being nothing more than a cameo. But what a cameo it was! Without Jill we didn't had that iconic scene in which she was painted gold....adding more plot and characterization to Goldfinger's role.

Indeed! It's what makes Jill Masterson's death so iconic and memorable. I feel exactly the same way about Severine's entrance into the film standing and looking at Bond, the wind blowing her hair. She sizzles every time she is on the screen, I found myself wanting to see more and more and more of her every time she was off the screen and was highly ticked off that she didn't survive. Maud Adams for me simply lacks Berenice Marlohe's sex appeal, to each his own and all but that's how I feel and that's coming from an original fan who managed to not let time pass me by when it comes to this series.

• edited July 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Severine for me. I like Maud Adams but I wonder if Berenice is a slightly better actress. She was brilliant in her small role.

Shame she seemed to be forgotten about after her death in the same way Andrea was.
  • I have to go with Andrea, the character was a much more integral part of the film. If Severine had more screen time, well that may be a different story. I do love the way that character is played though and if we were going just by looks I would definitely pick her.