Spectre car?

Comments

• 007InVT007InVT Classified
    edited May 2013 Posts: 893
    Dragonpol wrote:
    "Put James Bond in a Bentley!" is my plaintive cry throughout the ages.

I agree. He needs to get back into his supercharged, battleship grey Bentley!

Bentley-Mulsanne-Mulliner-Driving-Specification-14.jpg
    Aston's new V12 Vantage S is pretty nice! Obviously yellow isn't the colour for Bond, but this little beauty is one hell of a car.

astonV12vantageS_zps01ee4027.jpg
    I'm a bit sick of the Astons. Beautiful cars but we've had them for ages and they don't offer much variation design wise.

Time for a change and I really think the new Lotus is the way to go.
    The Bentley from the novels should return
    1930_Bentley.jpg
    edited May 2013 Posts: 893
    What about the Bentley Continental 1950?

458700ea8483d116515064e3755a030f.jpg
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    I'm a bit sick of the Astons. Beautiful cars but we've had them for ages and they don't offer much variation design wise.

Time for a change and I really think the new Lotus is the way to go.

If we do bring back the Lotus I dont want Craig to use it, I want him to be the Aston Martin guy!
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 3,564
    This may not be the proper thread for this question, but I'll happily be redirected wherever appropriate: Has everyone noticed that the DB5 Bond wins in CR & uses again in the PTS of QoS is not at all the same car that he uses in SF? In CR & QoS, the steering wheel of his DB5 is on the left hand side of the car -- the American position -- while the DB5 in SF is in the "proper" British position, on the right hand side. What are we to make of this??? (other than to acknowledge once again that film-to-film continuity is less of an issue to Eon than it is to Bond fans...) And for the record, my preference for Bond's car in the movies will always be an Aston Martin. The precise model isn't so much of an issue to me. The Bentley can stay in the books as far as I'm concerned. And the Lotus can be driven off the lot & into the lake by Sir Roger Moore. It always seemed a bit fishy to me...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This may not be the proper thread for this question, but I'll happily be redirected wherever appropriate: Has everyone noticed that the DB5 Bond wins in CR & uses again in the PTS of QoS is not at all the same car that he uses in SF? In CR & QoS, the steering wheel of his DB5 is on the left hand side of the car -- the American position -- while the DB5 in SF is in the "proper" British position, on the right hand side. What are we to make of this??? (other than the acknowledge once again that film-to-film continuity is less of an issue to Eon than it is to Bond fans...) And for the record, my preference for Bond's car in the movies will always be an Aston Martin. The precise model isn't so much of an issue to me. The Bentley can stay in the books as far as I'm concerned. And the Lotus can be driven off the lot & into the lake by Sir Roger Moore. It always seemed a bit fishy to me...

Bond doesn't drive a DB5 during the PTS of QoS. In fact, unless I'm totally forgetting a certain part, Bond doesn't drive a DB5 whatsoever during QoS, just the DB9 - in terms of Aston Martin's.
  • Mmm? Could be just my lazy eyes (or the shakycam used throughout QoS preventing me from getting a good look!) I thought he was using the same car in the PTS of QoS as he won in CR. Both films definitely show the steering wheel as being on the "wrong" side, though, while this point is corrected in SF.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I kind of gave up on following the 'storyline,' I suppose you could say, of Bond's DB5. But no, the car Bond wins during the poker game in CR is the DB5, while the car M gives to him in CR is the DB9. The car Bond drives in the PTS of QoS is the DB9 - obviously not the same one that is given to him as CR.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    I know this has nothing to do with this thread but the police officer (QoS) says its a grey Aston Martin when actually its Black , I mean there might be a grey Aston Martin coming the other way when they give chase. Black or Grey? I think Black.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited June 2013 Posts: 7,946
    Mmm? Could be just my lazy eyes (or the shakycam used throughout QoS preventing me from getting a good look!) I thought he was using the same car in the PTS of QoS as he won in CR. Both films definitely show the steering wheel as being on the "wrong" side, though, while this point is corrected in SF.
    In CR Bond wins a (the) DB5 (1965 model) playing cards against Dimitrios. When arriving in Montenegro there's a DBS (2006) waiting for him. The car he flips a world record 7 times (that is: as a stunt world record. I bet there have been people flipping their cars more often, but at big accidents there's no-one counting your rolls for world records. More over people tend not to survive such accidental flips. But this is beside the point). It's a left hand drive car.
    In QoS the PTS starts with Bond driving a DBS (2006 model) whilst beeing chased by some Alfa Romeo 159's. This is a left hand drive car. It is not, however, the one from CR, as it's a darker colour. There's no DB5 in QoS. It's only is SF he's driving that again. IIRC that's a right-hand drive (and an original from TB). Again, IIRC the DB5 in CR is also right hand drive. Solange is about to get in on the left side when they meet.
  • Thanks for the clarification, @CommanderRoss. Maybe Bond needs to start driving something other than Aston Martins so feeble-mided me can tell them apart!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Thanks for the clarification, @CommanderRoss. Maybe Bond needs to start driving something other than Aston Martins so feeble-mided me can tell them apart!
    No probs. Perhaps, but tbh I don't think there's any marque right now that could provide a Bond-car. AM's are so stylish anything else just fails to do the job. Lotus has gone the supercar way, and Bond needs a proper GT. That leaves only Bentley, Mercedes (SLS AMG), AM, and Ferrari. Anything else just isn't good enough. Bentley's been kidnapped by rappers and those sorts, I guess the SLS would be fine but is a bit dated by now and Ferrari is just too shouty. So that leaves AM, and with their new Vanquish, the got the car for the job. But indeed it's not too different from the DBS:

DBS
    aston-martin-dbs-v12-sportscar-wallpaper.jpg

Vanquish:
    Aston-Martin-Vanquish-Carscoop5[3].jpg
    Put Bond in the Lotus Esprit comeback:
    2014-lotus-esprit-photo-367525-s-520x318.jpg
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

It's too ugly. Look's like a Lamborgini (?).
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 5,745
    So?
    1976 Esprit:
    Lotus-esprit-s2_fb205.jpg

1976 Lamborghini:
    1976_Lamborghini_Silhouette_003_2160.jpg
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    What about the other new Lotus, the Elite. But it British I favour Bond in British icon.
  • Agent7F wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    What about the other new Lotus, the Elite. But it British I favour Bond in British icon.

Last time I checked Bond is not a hairdresser, drug dealer, footballer or a chav.

I don't want Bond driving on ice again like DAD but if he needs to, he'll need a Bentley:

Agent7F wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Last time I checked Bond is not a hairdresser, drug dealer, footballer or a chav.

I think another Aston or one of the new Jags?
    @007InVT you were saying?

@CommanderRoss - Ha! It's a smackdown on ice then.
    Nobel?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Virage wrote:
    Nobel?
    Noble's M14 looks pretty sweet, and could work as a Bond car.
    pic01.jpg

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Aston Martin Rapide
    Bentley Continental GT (as above in the page)
    Lotus Esprit (as above)

are my 3 favourites for the Bond 24 car role.
  • how about a Fisker Sunset concept? Fisker_Sunset--DC.jpg