Last album you listened to?

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting SaintMark: And Jimmy Page & Robert Plant with No Quarter which is a bloody brilliant cd.
    Best album of the 90s imo SaintMark, a bloody shame these two didn't reunite before No Quarter.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Classic.........

London Calling.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Quoting royale65:
    Classic.........

London Calling.
    One of the best things in Die Another Day. A great song playing as Bond is arrving back in London for the first time in the film.
  • sugarbabes greatest hits - pop at its best.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Damn, time to update this thread!

Amon Amarth: With Oden on Our Side

Viking Metal rules!

Note to @timmer:
    - Amon Amarth @ Metropolis in Montreal on Saturday August 13th
    - Within Temptation @ Metropolis in Montreal on Thursday September 8th
    - Arch Enemy @ Metropolis in Montreal on Tuesday September 13th
    - Primus @ Metropolis in Montreal on Thursday October 6th
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dave Matthews - Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King.
    The Great Escape, by Elmer Bernstein. The double album.

It took me some time to get used to it after being used to the very compact soundtrack album that was originally released, but this one´s a true masterpiece. So many good ideas. It makes sense that they released both the original album and the double disc original score in one set, since both albums are great and sound very different from one another.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 4,622

Note to @timmer:
    - Amon Amarth @ Metropolis in Montreal on Saturday August 13th
    - Within Temptation @ Metropolis in Montreal on Thursday September 8th
    - Arch Enemy @ Metropolis in Montreal on Tuesday September 13th
    - Primus @ Metropolis in Montreal on Thursday October 6th
    Thanks Luds. I've got the Within Temptation, September 7th date at Sound Academy Toronto noted in daytimer. Hope to catch that one, drink beer, flash devil horns and gawk at Sharon for two hours. The place will be overrun with teenage girls though. Will have to find some young people to go with so I don't look like some guy checking up on his teenage daughter.;-)
    New album sounds good btw. They are moving a little more in a metal/heavy-pop direction but Sharon can still belt/look great and the guitars still crunch good and heavy.
    imageSlayer played Toronto Heavy T.O. this weekend at Downsview Park. Billy Talent also played this festival and almot got water bottled/jugged off the stage. Why BT would play a metal show is quite an odd decision.
    I've also got Heart opening for Def Leppard August 16th at Molson Amphitheatre marked down.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Yeah I decided not to attend Heavy TO and Heavy MTL, same bands at both places really, just a few differences. MTL had Kiss as main event one day, TO had Mega Death, but same garbage Billy Talent, DIsturbed bs.

I decided that paying 75$ to attend a single day just to see Bodom and Opeth wasn't worth it.

So I'll go to Aman Amarth for sure, likely Arch Enemy, and Primus. Within Temptation being the culprit of too many shows in too little time.

And yeah, you'd look very funny with a bunch of teenage girls timmer ;)
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 4,622
    I know a couple of young metal guys, that I could probably talk into going.
    WT is heavy enough that a semblance of a metal crowd should turn up but Sharon has an Amy Lee appeal with angst ridden teenage girls so there should be lots of screaming too. :-((
    Quoting SaintMark: And Jimmy Page & Robert Plant with No Quarter which is a bloody brilliant cd.
    Best album of the 90s imo SaintMark, a bloody shame these two didn't reunite before No Quarter.
    Superb cd. The follow-up a few years later of new material wasn't bad either. Has Page does anything since? I don't think so, other than Zep projects.

• LudsLuds MIA
    I know a couple of young metal guys, that I could probably talk into going.
    WT is heavy enough that a semblance of a metal crowd should turn up but Sharon has an Amy Lee appeal with angst ridden teenage girls so there should be lots of screaming too. :-((
    Superb cd. The follow-up a few years later of new material wasn't bad either. Has Page does anything since? I don't think so, other than Zep projects.

His forgettable remake of kashmir with P Diddy for Godzilla. HE later recorded a show with the Black Crowes which is pretty darn good, but just remade songs from Zeppelin really. Other than that, the O2 show, and that's it. Sad really. Damn I wanted Zep to reunite!
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Wow, didn't really know Bond fans were such metal heads. But hey that's totally cool, to each his own.

Listened to this on the way home from work: Excellent mix of Neil Young/Beach Boys/Beatles/Byrds/Big Star:

• LudsLuds MIA
    Dethklok: Dethalbum II

Dethklok is a fictional band from the Metal cartoon Metalocalypse

Here's the video for Murmaider from the first album

ZZ Top - Degüello.

I haven´t listened to it for a while, and it seems it doesn´t want to come out of the player for the time being :-) .
    Just picked up the Essential Heart, double cd.
    Heart had two big phases. Their initial 1976-1980 early years and then had a big resurgence in 1985 to 1990 with a string of new hits.
    This cd captures all the best stuff from 1976 to the mid ninenties.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Just picked up the Essential Heart, double cd.
    Heart had two big phases. Their initial 1976-1980 early years and then had a big resurgence in 1985 to 1990 with a string of new hits.
    This cd captures all the best stuff from 1976 to the mid ninenties.
    Outstanding choice, I've picked this one up around Christmas, went with my little sister to see them a few months ago in Ottawa. Ann still sounds fantastic.
    Gorgoroth- Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LBNRhYz7jkc/SMVVjRAXphI/AAAAAAAAADE/YO87A9olEfE/s320/gamsg.jpeg

Love the song Carving a Giant.....
    Currently listening to Iron maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
    Just found this discussion and because I always like to talk about music, I may tell you the last album I listened was Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison. It's such a powerful, rough and honest recording... it's just great!
    Andrea Bocelli "Live in Central Park" An incredibles artiste!
    I didn't listen to the full album, but I last listened to the song "Miss America" by Styx, which comes off of their 1977 album The Grand Illusion.
    I just buy a 3CD collection of 6 great Johnny Cash albums:
    The Fabulous Johnny Cash
    Hymns
    Songs of Our Soil
    Ride this Train
    Now There was a Song!
    Hymns from the Earth

I real bargain!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I listen to a bunch of albums mixed in iTunes. My favorites are greatest hits or albums by:

Frank Sinatra
    Michael Bublé
    Phil Collins
    Billy Joel
    Elton John
    Paul McCartney
    Elvis Presley
    Queen
    Journey
    George Strait

I also have a YouTube playlist full of eclectic stuff, from classic crooner tunes to Celtic music.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Whilst not an album, I've been nonstop listening to 'Somebody to Love' by Queen lately. As for full albums, 'Away From The World' by Dave Matthews Band steals most of my time.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I agree with most of those - wonderful music choices there. Nice to see another Elton John fan; I get trashed a lot for liking him, but how can't you? His voice is amazing.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 60
    I think it would be fantastic if Iron Maiden did the theme song for a James Bond movie. glad to see there are some metal heads on here! :)
    Any Dream Theater fans?

• No, I'd rather have Metallica if any metal gods were given the opportunity, but it's not going to happen, unfortunately

Last album listened - In Utero by Nirvana
    The Wolverine - Marco Beltrami

I purchased this album after listening numerous times on the web. It's not a masterpiece of great power but it has very nice tunes, a lot of melancholy and elegance.

51bdu89MVkL.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Simple Minds-Real To Real Cacophony (1979)
    This was before they became masters of their game, but a few tracks are still top notch.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Simple Minds-Real To Real Cacophony (1979)
    This was before they became masters of their game, but a few tracks are still top notch.

Steady on there Thunderfinger you are beginning to show some signs of good taste !.
    Liebe ist für alle da, by Rammstein. Love the band, even though I don't know German. I think this is their best album to date and I hope they come out with another one soon.