Charlotte, Pierce's daughter, has passed away...

2»

Comments

Very sad news. RIP.
    Stephanie Zimbalist wrote Pierce on Friday night, her team wrote in the official FB comments.
  • My condolences as well to Pierce and the Brosnan/Harris families. Entirely too young to die as I can well relate to. RIP Charlotte, no more pain :(
    The news have just hit E!, Mirror and other sites.

Still astonished. Lost my grandad one month ago and it was shocking despite knowing he was very ill, and was 89. Just imagine how PB should feel losing a 41 yr old daughter with much to live. Cancer is really a shit :'(
    Once again, Be strong Pierce!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Such sad news, may she RIP.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have tweeted a message on @Dragonpol with the hashtag #BeStrongPierce. Pierce is a wonderful guy and I hope he gets through this.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Terrible news and very shocking. A father should never outlive his children. My thoughts and prayers are with Pierce and his family. @};-
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I have tweeted a message on @Dragonpol with the hashtag #BeStrongPierce. Pierce is a wonderful guy and I hope he gets through this.

Thank you Brian! I'd like our guys in Twitter could use this hashtag, it'd be a nice way to reach our prayers to Pierce (pity he hasn't used his account since 2010). God, a part of me is still guilty for being one of the first of getting this news, people might think I might be making a bad use of this tragic situation, but this is clearily not the idea :S

It was featured on the radio today as I was driving :(
    Still fell very sad about this. Saw this article on Bing News, a lot of family photos. I feel very sorry for Pierce, he has gone through a lot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353213/Pierce-Brosnans-daughter-Charlotte-42-loses-battle-ovarian-cancer.html
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Its nice to see that Robert Davi paid tribute to Brosnan and his family.

I think its a shame that him and Laz don't get on as both men seem to have been through their share of tragedy in their personal lives. Hopefully Laz will also make a comment and the two can put the feud behind them.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 79
    My love and strength to you Pierce. I never met you but you have brought so much joy to so many. I fail to understand why life can serve so much tragedy on one man.

Send him your thoughts my friends on this board, send your love and strength.
    This is really sad. I feel bad for Pierce and his family.

R.I.P.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Pierce's formal statement:

A statement from Brosnan reads, "On June 28 at 2pm my darling daughter Charlotte Emily passed on to eternal life, having succumbed to ovarian cancer. She was surrounded by her husband Alex, her children Isabella and Lucas and her brothers Christopher and Sean.

"Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity. Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl. We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon. We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences."
    http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/01/pierce-brosnans-daughter-dies-after-cancer-battle

Very heartfelt, I thought.
    Pierce is a good family man. He remains a 60 year old patriarch, married, with one grown son and 3 still relatively young children, not to mention the two grandchildren.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2019 Posts: 17,727
    NSuszczyk wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Thank you Brian! I'd like our guys in Twitter could use this hashtag, it'd be a nice way to reach our prayers to Pierce (pity he hasn't used his account since 2010). God, a part of me is still guilty for being one of the first of getting this news, people might think I might be making a bad use of this tragic situation, but this is clearily not the idea :S

No, not at all. The story has only broken in the news today - on The Sun and The Daily Mirror it has made front-page headlines.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Feel numb hearing this news. Can't comprehend what pierce and his family must be feeling. My thoughts are with them and my heart goes out to them. :( awful . Bestrongpierce
    Very sad news, my condolences to the Brosnan family. I can't imagine losing my wife and then daughter to the same ruthless disease.
    It appears GoldenEye Dossier's hashtag #BeStrongPierce has reached some media in Latin America. Don't wanna say I'm "happy" for this, but at least seems my effort to make our voices reach has helped us

http://america.infobae.com/notas/74071-La-tragica-historia-familiar-de-Pierce-Brosnan
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Heartfelt condolences to the whole family. Sad for Pierce. Such a jinx !
    Heartfelt condolences to the whole family. Sad for Pierce. Such a jinx !

I hope that isn't meant to be a joke.
    Like everyone else has said, this is very sad news. All my sincere condolences to PierceBrosnan and his family. Puts everything else regarding Bond into true perspective. It's only entertaintment at the end of the day not real life.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    @BAIN123 : No, it isn't. The man has jinx about it. That's it.
  • So sad to hear this news. RIP. :(
    Sad, :/ my condolences to Pierce and his family, his Bond in Goldeneye was my introduction to the Bond franchise, hes a wonderful actor and seems like a great guy. I hope things get better for him.
    Condolences to the Harris and Brosnan families.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Very sad news, RIP

My thoughts and prayers to the families.
    I was sorry to learn of this news. My respects to Mr Brosnan and his immediate family, at what must be a difficult time