Classical Bond games

hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
edited June 2013 in 007 Gaming Posts: 496
I don't if you know about this but I didn't know you could get AVTAK,James Bond 007 (first ever), GF,LALD,TLD,LTK,TSPWLM (stealth affair),James Bond Jr., James Bond the duel. Discuss these games if you remember them here.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have a good article from the year 2000 on this and it partly discusses the games - before my time, though.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I have a good article from the year 2000 on this and it partly discusses the games - before my time, though.

Will you be able to upload it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote:

Will you be able to upload it.

I'll have to look it out and get back to you - it had a part on the old Bond games.

• oo7oo7
    James_Bond_007_-_1998_-_Nintendo.jpg
    I often think this ones a a forgotten step in an interesting direction
    Gameboy's James Bond 007 was a great bond game
  • When I was young I had a Spectrum and had A View To A Kill, unfortunately I wasn't very good at it and couldn't get past the first level that was set in Paris with a split screen where you have to steer a taxi round a maze to try and catch a forever twisting striped parachute. The graphics were appalling and the gameplay awkward and unsatisfying.

The Living Daylights was a little better though I wasn't and still only managed to get to the second level. It was a horizontal scrolling shooting game, the first level set in Gibraltar was difficult as the targets were barley distinguishable from the scenery but the second level set at the Blayden safe house was better.

Finally Licence To Kill was much better, it was a vertical scrolling game where you control James Bond through various scenes, I remember being impressed by the detailed graphics in the PTS and the level set in the sea by the Wavecrest, though once again my lack of gaming skills prevented me from getting much further.