Academy guild member versions of Skyfall soundtrack?

edited February 2013 in Music Posts: 7
A couple of these have turned up on eBay, etc. They have up to 34 tracks and I'm wondering if anyone has any info about them. (and of course how to get hold of one!)

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    As far as I'm aware it is literally the music used in the film, after it has been "tweaked" by the sound designers to fit the final edit.

The CD features the recorded versions, before they were matched to the final edit. I would guess that Newman writes the score to a working edit of the film, and then once that is finalised, the music is "tweaked".

The are a few music bits that aren't on the CD release. I noted Bond walking into the Shanghai skyscraper following Patrice, and the Komodo dragon fight aren't on it. Nor is the music for the very end of the film, in Ms office.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,400
    A couple of these have turned up on eBay, etc. They have up to 34 tracks and I'm wondering if anyone has any info about them. (and of course how to get hold of one!)

found one- http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYFALL-FYC-3-CD-Set-ACADEMY-OSCAR-PROMO-Newman-Score-and-ADELE-Song-3-CDS-/170989843319?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item27cfc9f377

reserve not met. eek.
  • bump... anyone heard one of these?
    Mine is tough, if not impossible, to listen to because they took out almost all the cues that contain any of the James Bond theme melody or base line because who ever produced this album did not want to present anything that wasn't Newman's to the Academy members.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I have nicely mixed version of that score containing all of the Bond bits and the unreleased cues, with the only notable missing cue being the one from M's office at the end. A friend of mine on IMDb showed me where to get hold of it, but that link seems to be down now.
    Mallory wrote:
    and the Komodo dragon fight aren't on it.
    The exact same piece of music is played when Bond chases Silva out of the tube. I forgot how it´s called on the CD.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    boldfinger wrote:
    Mallory wrote:
    and the Komodo dragon fight aren't on it.
    The exact same piece of music is played when Bond chases Silva out of the tube. I forgot how it´s called on the CD.

"Granborough Road"