FRWL music score new edition from Harkit Records

edited June 2013 in Music Posts: 5,767
http://harkitrecords.com/russia_with_love.html

Harkit Records offers a new "expanded" soundtrack CD of FRWL.

Harkit Records a while ago presented a version of the Dr No soundtrack which had an absolutely decent sound quality but didn´t offer much new material, compared to the 2003 EMI/Capitol release.

This new "expanded" version of the FRWL soundtrack offers three alternate takes of the title song, as well as two alternate versions of the track "007".
Apart from that, it seems to contain exactly the same material as the 2003 EMI/Capitol release.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Let's hope they keep going with this for at least the first few films. Thanks @boldfinger, I'll have to snap this up.
    Same people that did Dr.No last year?

Great to have expanded soundtracks, shame about the art work!
    To be honest, I doubt there´s anything expanded beyond the alternate takes.

They present it as 50th anniversary celebration, like they did last year with Dr No, which makes me wish for a 39th or 34th anniversary celebration, so we could get expanded scores of TMWTGG and MR ;-).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's doubtful that they really god the score expanded. Where would they get the source material?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    It's doubtful that they really god the score expanded. Where would they get the source material?
    They had a few minutes of extra material on their Dr No release last year. And they got the alternate takes this time. But that seems to be all.

• edited June 2013 Posts: 824
    Harkit are able to release these Bond scores because of the EU 50 year public domain law. They will not have access to the original album master or the original recording tapes which for the first three films are probably lost anyway. They will just use the 2003 CD release as source material.They might have licenced some of the later alternate recordings. Most Bond music collectors will have everything on this already.I'm very happy to avoid as I did the Harkit, Dr.No.
    BTW the extra material on the Dr.No release was a DVD rip.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've found expanded Bond scores that while they were dvd rips, they were pretty good.
  • I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I'm not sure it will be as exciting as it sounds. Dr. No had a few extra tracks that I think were taken from a video disc or maybe even a DVD. You can hear some of the sound effects in the tarantula track. The new FRWL says it will have Matt Monro's single version of the song which is a plus, but the sample for one of the alternate tracks is not from the movie. It's some orchestra playing the theme. You get the movie version of the theme which is a plus, but again I'll bet it's taken from a video disc or DVD. Unless it comes from Danjaq it's probably not going to be anything to get excited about.