The Last of Us: A Masterpiece (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

edited July 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 612
I beat The Last of Us three days ago, and I still can't stop thinking about it. It may be a bit too early to decide, but this has to be my favourite games of all time. I thought it would be a good idea to start a general discussion about the game.

How did it make you feel? What stood out most?
Did Joel make the right choice to lie to Ellie to keep her alive?

Personally, I think 007 games could learn a lot from this. The cinematic-style gameplay is very Naughty Dog. Unlike the previous Uncharted games, The Last of Us keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way. Bond games could pick up on the 'limited ammo' idea, which would be a great way to get away from the Call of Duty style games we've been getting.

Remember to use those spoiler tags. This isn't something you want to ruin for anyone.

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    You've had beaten it 3 days ago? Is it that short? :O
    No no no, definitely not. It took me 15+ hours for single player alone, on one play-through. Picked it up as soon as it was released.
  • This isn't a game, it's an experience. I'm glad I switched from the Xbox to the PS3 for this.

As for the ending...
    I think he did. Looking back it might seem selfish at first, but Ellie never gave permission for herself to be operated and there was no guarantee that the vaccine (not the cure!) could be made. Add on the fact that the Fireflies weren't exactly trustworthy, then I would agreed with what Joel did. Weather or not Ellie does however...well that's another story.

Naughty Dog outdid themselves. GOTY for me, with Bioshock Infinite a very close second.
    I'm with you on that, Karate.