Forget about the content, what was the best continuation Bond novel title?

2»

Comments

• 007InVT007InVT Classified
    My favorites, wish some of the books were better though:

John Gardner - Licence Renewed/For Special Services/Nobody Lives Forever/Scorpius/Never Send Flowers

Sebastian Faulks - The Devil May Care

Jeffrey Deaver - Carte Blanche
    I think 'Devil May Care' was lifted somewhat from Fleming anyway from his 'Talk of the Devil' compendium.

Just a thought.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 2,483
    In order, I like...

1. Colonel Sun
    2. Devil May Care
    3. Carte Blanche
    4. The Man with the Red Tattoo
    5. Brokenclaw

The others do nothing for me, although Silverfin's not bad and Never Send Flowers is decent.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Don't forget By Royal Command @Perilagu_Khan.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Don't forget By Royal Command @Perilagu_Khan.

A particular favorite of yours?

;)
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    A great title I thought, very much in the vein of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. A very good book too but that wasn't what I was getting at.
    Now that I think about it, it's not a bad title.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    In fact, all of Higson's book titles are very good except for Double Or Die but as least that can be blamed on the public.
  • My Top 5:

- Devil May Care
    - Icebreaker
    - By Royal Command
    - Brokenclaw
    - Solo
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    "Icebreaker", "Role of Honor", "Zero Minus Ten", "Doubleshot", "Double or Die", "By Royal Command" and latests "Devil May Care" , "Carte Blanche" sound like best titles in my eyes.

SOLO isn't a good one for me.
    Amazing but true, 'Carte Blanche,' that complete duffer by that Bond saboteur, Mr.Jeffrey Deaver,is the best continuation title by a country mile.
    It ticks every box. It is romantic, prestigious and dangerous but unfortunately, what lies between the covers is complete and utter bunkum that should have resulted in the instand dismissal of the IFP CEO.
    Villiers53 wrote:
    Amazing but true, 'Carte Blanche,' that complete duffer by that Bond saboteur, Mr.Jeffrey Deaver,is the best continuation title by a country mile.
    It ticks every box. It is romantic, prestigious and dangerous but unfortunately, what lies between the covers is complete and utter bunkum that should have resulted in the instand dismissal of the IFP CEO.

Couldn't agree more @Villiers53

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,816
    Colonel Sun, Icebreaker, Scorpius, Never Send Flowers and Brokenclaw for me.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Colonel Sun, Icebreaker, Scorpius, Never Send Flowers and Brokenclaw for me.

Agreed on Scorpius and Never Send Flowers but not Colonel Sun, Icebreaker or Brokenclaw I'm afraid.