Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited April 2018 in General Movies & TV Posts: 13,350
Discuss Game of Thrones here.

Comments

Cant miss that. I love Diana. She's in Dr Who as well. Talent means you never stop working.

Best actress ever to play a Bond girl?
  • That's awesome. I love the series and Diana too.
    Nice to see she's still getting work, really good actress.

btw, is Game Of Thrones any good? I know Sean Bean was in it for a bit so I thought of checking it out but never really bothered.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice to see she's still getting work, really good actress.

btw, is Game Of Thrones any good? I know Sean Bean was in it for a bit so I thought of checking it out but never really bothered.

I was enjoying myself when I watched it. I caught the first few episodes of it when it originally aired - Sean Bean was great, along with the rest of the cast - but I had to return home for Christmas break and didn't catch up on the rest of the season, along with the second (and upcoming third) seasons. From what I saw, though, I would recommend it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's great to see her get this role off the back of Doctor Who! Good show from Rigg. I hope work keeps coming her way.
  • She, along with Jane Seymour and Kim Bassinger, seem to have had the best careers after being a Bond girl.
  • DB5DB5
    She, along with Jane Seymour and Kim Bassinger, seem to have had the best careers after being a Bond girl.

And before as well! Let's not forget her excellent work as Emma Peel on "The Avengers."
  • [And before as well! Let's not forget her excellent work as Emma Peel on "The Avengers."[/quote]
    Very true, a great talent a my favorite Bond girl.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    That's the first thing that interests me in Game Of Thrones.
    I might give it a try... But then again I might not. I'll think about it when her episodes come out.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I heard someone asking if GOT is worth watching?

I would say without any hesitation yes it is, I've read all the books and have been very impressed the way RR Martin's books have been realised, the acting the storytelling and the production is top notch, I believe it is now the most expensive TV series of all time and it's all up on the screen.

As for the casting, I don't think a TV series has been cast better and Rigg's introduction to the call sheet is another example of the high standard that is exhibited by HBO. Don't be put off by the fantasy element, this is less LOTR and more Soprano's and the Godfather and it's most definitely an adult experience with no Knight is shinning armour element at all, check it out.
    The only reason I refuse to watch this series, is soon they're going to hit a brick wall when they run out of books. When the series is nearly complete though, I'll watch it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The next book is being split over 2 series and the next 2 will probably need about 3 to be honest, Martin's a good way into the next book and as long as he doesn't pop his clogs I can't see him not completing his series so we've got a good 5-6 years of seasons to go so I can't imagine any brick walls been hit unless GRRM drops dead of course.
    I hope that's the case but I'll wait to see where we are in a few years first.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited July 2012 Posts: 3,277

xxx
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 584
    So...Season 3 just ended. To me, that finale was pretty poor compared to last two seasons. Then again, how do you possibly top what happened last week? What are your guys' faults?

Also, because some viewers of the show are non-book readers, I suggest that those of us who know what will happen in the future use spoiler tags. For example:
    Jamie and Ceresi got back together way too early...what happens now when she's crying over Joffery's body?
    love that spoiler. so happy to hear that Joffrey buys the farm
    I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, but I've been trying to follow it anyway, via reports. I'lll watch it all on dvd when it comes out.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm really diggin' Game of Thrones. That second-last episode...

shocked-will-smith.gif

...certainly got people talking. Great cast, great acting, great surprises- I can't get enough of this show.
    Guess what folks? I have heared so many good things about this program! Yet i cannot figure out why i have not seen a single episode? :-? So not looking at spoilers....etc. This will be my last post in this thread! lol! X_X
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    I get the feeling it would be better to wait until this series is over before watching it, myself.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 584
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I get the feeling it would be better to wait until this series is over before watching it, myself.

Well I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a while ;)

• I love GOT, but have been a little lax and haven't watched the last 2 episodes of Season 3 yet. On my DVR and will be caught up this week.

Based on what I've seen thus far, I thought the first 2 seasons were better. Was that Geoffrey Wright I saw in coming previews? Damn, that could be awesome and should be, Wright is fantastic as Leiter and should have even more "meat to chew" here.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

I can wait five years!
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 584
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I can wait five years!

Not even! The creator has written 5 out of 7 books...and the sixth one is only about 2/3 completed as of right now!
  • I love GOT, but have been a little lax and haven't watched the last 2 episodes of Season 3 yet. On my DVR and will be caught up this week.

Based on what I've seen thus far, I thought the first 2 seasons were better. Was that Geoffrey Wright I saw in coming previews? Damn, that could be awesome and should be, Wright is fantastic as Leiter and should have even more "meat to chew" here.

Oh, you're in for a treat. No spoilers.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    There's not much to this thread but's it here should anyone want it:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3554/diana-rigg-joins-game-of-thrones

I can wait five years!

Not even! The creator has written 5 out of 7 books...and the sixth one is only about 2/3 completed as of right now!

Not at all. The series will be finished by 2018, so the ending will be seen on TV first.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited June 2013 Posts: 1,347
    My favorite TV show since Lost.

Not a fantastic season finale, compared to the last episode
    But you can't have bloody ones like that all the time ;)

A happy Daenerys is always good! :x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpM2nTEhxI3Jxa8_tIJNBMws7m6XVqSfHaPD--IIVV6tbx4ddoow
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 3,494
    My favorite TV show since Lost :)

Not a fantastic season finale, compared to the last episode
    But you can't have bloody ones like that all the time ;)

A happy Daenerys is always good! :x

Haha, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for sure, but I like Tyrion's whore Shae and Jon Snow's hot little Scottish redhead Ygritte even better. The things I would do to either of them can't be repeated here :) I haven't read the books so I don't know if such a character exists, but Gong Li as a Mongol type warrior woman would work even better for me :x
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Has anyone been keeping up with this show? If so, what did you think of last week's episode?
    Yes, I have. Great episode. Diana Rigg plays a fascinating character.