Bond and Jack Bauer Cross Over

edited June 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,548
During the pre-production of the last Die Hard film there was speculation that there could have been a Die Hard/24 combined film. I'd love to see this with Bond and Jack Bauer. Impossible I know for all sorts of reasons but would be fun for a one off! Please feel free to shoot this down in flames if you wish! Dammit!

Comments

Well, first pick any or all of the following stock forum reponses:

-No
    -That's a stupid idea
    -Barbara Brocolli needs to focus every iota of her attention bringing us Bond 24 by Wednesday

Great, now that we've gotten the usual one-word/one-sentence banalities out of the way, why don't we try for something productive? How would you combine these two vastly different aesthetics into one piece of fiction?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Please feel free to shoot this down in flames if you wish! Dammit!

Very good of you.

Ok - it's shit. Bond isn't a Marvel super hero or an American sitcom - why this relentless desire for spin offs and cheap cash ins?

Another stunning idea to add to the Jinx and Felix Leiter spin offs.

If a room of monkeys comes up with Bond ideas for infinity eventually they will arrive at a masterpiece.

Keep em coming folks.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This unfortunately isn't news.
    That would be terrible. You might as well have a James Bond and Desperate Housewives crossover. It would be bad too, but only just as bad. Bauer does not exist in the same universe, plain and simple.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Not NEWS so moved to Movies and TV...that's if anyone really wants to add to this.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not me except that, indeed, we . don't . want . spin-offs / cross-overs / ...

It's tempting though, for some at least, and I can even see why, but it couldn't work, it would de-value the series, reduce it to the level modern comic book trends. I have no problem with comic book franchises doing what they do, mind - but Bond is of a totally different level.
    Bad idea. Matter of fact the idea reeks of dead fish.

Jack Bauer is about as sophisticated as a sledge hammer. Plus he is not a secret agent, just a counter terrorist operative, relegated to a desk at his office until the Drazens forced him to act.

Bond is an intelligence agent / field operative. He may be blunt at times but he has sophistication, wit and style. Also I doubt he would stoop to torture...unlike Bauer who seems to lower himself to the levels of Gestapo and Al Khadi, Bond is above this.

Babs and MGW does not need Bauer, hell there are plenty of CIA types and Mi6 types who can do the job.