The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Or coming to think, why not these gentlemen? They would kick the audience out of their seats?

I've just heard the British entry and...

Yup, Bonnie still has it. Methinks the UK stands a fighting chance this year. I certainly would vote for that song.

Not so sure about the french entry, but that has been the case since 2002 (with the notable exception of Patricia Kaas).

• edited April 2013 Posts: 2,782

This man has saved Eurovision - true quality...genius.

• This man has saved Eurovision - true quality...genius.

The absolute WORST of this year's edition.
  • Of course, that's why it's so good.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,416
    Romania or Denmark wil possible win.

If the final show be bit like as in there own country then Denmark mabey wil win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=k59E7T0H-Us&feature=fvwp
    It have fire.

I don't know how long a go, but The Netherlands and Belgium finaly in years get Thuesday and The Netherlands can vote on Belgium and other way around. It mean 2 les other country's then last year and Thuesday give us to be one of the first and not one of the last. On Thursday people mabey already tired or blow a way by the Tuesday's. Also 2 days more to promote the song if we wil survife.

Denmark is also on Thuesday, Romania is Thursday.

Belgium. Deliever a charts song, possible not made to send to Europ songcontest if you look the above is videoclip. Belgium has lucky and is seen as 15th act, the one before the last one.

In my opnion The Netherlands should have made a videclip of Anouk too. I hope the reasen be that don't make a videoclip to suprise on life stage. There always fail because there don't whant to make something big, but mabey that wil help this year. ''Birds'' not need a to big show. She wil start 8th act.

The Netherlands can take a example to effects of Ukraine The bad thing be Ukraine starts 7th before Anouk. [-(

• BTW
    Haven't heard of Eurovision Song Contest before?
    Take a look at the following video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Nbk5gIFwrJE

• edited May 2013 Posts: 2,782
    11 days to go....can't wait and the GB entry has really grown on me...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cqXk_FRw62Q
    Its not that time of year again is it? %-(
    edited May 2013 Posts: 4,416
    YES!!! Finaly. The Netherlands and Belgium in the final. The Netherlands get the final 10th envelop, Belgium the 8th one. And this whyle there be audio problems in program and the song not get the change to be heard as should be. Also very nice people scream Nederland, Holland and Netherlands.
    Ah Eurovision. That time of year when we realise the rest of Europe hate us, and that no matter how s**t the songs, Greece will give Cyprus 12 points and Cyprus will give Greece 12 points. Oh I'm not cynical at all by the way!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    It feels good to be the hosting nation again. Even though the songs were below average tonight. Especially Montenegro, that was unbelivably awful...
    From Paris to Berlin...

It's here and about to start...Romania are the crazy crazy favs....come on England loose with style.

Right the opening ceremony starts with a caterpillar and ends with a cheap Olympic flag waving thing. Off to a good start already.

Malta song quite good...highlight so far...Russia next the dark horse.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'll not be watching this. I never will. I'm not interested.
    Missing out on Greece...quite ironic...love it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I've been watching it, first time in many years.
    Missing out on Greece...quite ironic...love it.

Most definitely, best so far (not much of a competition, let's face it). The song sounds like a mixture between Emir Kusturica and the Non-smoking Orchestra and a boysband. Very odd but I liked it.
    Found my winner....go on Norway...proper song proper singer my god did we find our bond 24 singer....excellent.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It was surprisingly good, I have to agree.
    Sandy wrote:
    It was surprisingly good, I have to agree.

Who do you think might have caught the political vote tonight to win the contest?

Enough of the Irish drivel...he's finished thank you god.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The whole thing was a shit sandwich without the bread.
    Ummm, I wouldn't quite put it in that way...I just want to see how the Olympic effect will help the British entry....abba are on...quality.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Ummm, I wouldn't quite put it in that way...I just want to see how the Olympic effect will help the British entry....abba are on...quality.

None of the songs have been anything near good. It doesn't look like the Olympics have had any effect on the British voting tally.
    Yes we failed...I counted three really good songs and the winner wasn't one of them.

Norway were close but were steam rollered by some tat.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Better luck next year UK!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Better luck next year UK!

I hope the UK comes with some decent stuff this years entry was really a poor attempt and a rather sure to fail attempt at winning the contest.

It felt as if the UK most certainly did not want to win.

edited May 2013 Posts: 4,416
    When i saw the final show i stil expect Denmark gong to win or Russia. Russia under perform in points. Stil Unkraine whas good and Malta whas nice. The love for Norway song i don't understand, Italy have a good voice and i feel Italy take the 8th place a way from The Netherlands. Germany should have give us 7 points and then we haved won from Malta who end on the 8th place with 120 points. But 9th place with 114 points is very nice, that we stay in the final after 9 years whas great.

With the first selection on Thuesday when we get the final envelop we end on a shared 5 and 6th place with Belgium (8th envelop), both we get 75 points. But in the final Belgium end on the 12th place. In this first selection also Denmark wins followd by Russia and Ukraine.
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22600892

Sparking an international incident....call Bond in now.
    Denmark was a worthy winner! :)
    I'm very pleased with Norway's result too. This is our best placing since we won in 2009 :D Yayy! :)

Speaking of Azerbaijan, I can't tell how much I want them to get caught in their "buying-up-votes"-scheme