2: The living daylights
    3: For your eyes only
    4: Lisense to kill
    5: Octopussy
    1. License to Kill
    2. Octopussy
    3. The Living Daylights
    4. For Your Eyes Only
    5. A View to a Kill (I do love AVTAK, but the other four trump it)
    TLD is my favourite out of the John Glen films, it is only AVTAK that is weak all the others are solid entrys IMO.
    1. TLD
    2. OP
    3. LTK
    4. FYEO
    5. AVTAK
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    1.Octopussy
    2.A View To A Kill
    3.For Your Eyes Only
    4.Licence To Kill
    5.The Living Daylights
    Drastic change here from my last John Glen ranking:

1. License to Kill
    2. A View to a Kill
    3. For Your Eyes Only
    4. Octopussy
    5. The Living Daylights

Let it be said though, all five of these are in my top ten!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    1. The Living Daylights
    2. Octopussy
    3. Licence To Kill
    4. For Your Eyes Only
    5. A View To A Kill
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    LTK for me.
    1. TLD
    2. LTK
    3. FYEO
    4. OP
    5. AVTAK
    Here is another example maybe, can't recall what I said before, but as of now -

#1 The Living Daylights
    #2 For Your Eyes Only
    #3 License to Kill
    #4 Octopussy
    #5 A View to a Kill

I'm guessing things may not have altered much however
    Just fyi,

I clicked FYEO and it didn't update. But that's my vote :/
    1.TLD
    2.LTK
    3.FYEO
    4.OP
    5.AVTAK
    1. License to Kill
    2. The Living Daylights
    3.Octopussy
    4. A View to a Kill
    5. For Your Eyes Only
    No mention since last summer here, so once again -

#1 The Living Daylights
    #2 For Your Eyes Only
    #3 Octopussy
    #4 License to Kill
    #5 A View to a Kill

LTK changes place with Octopussy since the last response to this. Think that's fair
    favourite John Glen Bond? There was a time I would have said OP. Now I would say TLD.
    I really enjoyed this film on my recent Bond blu-athon, despite Dalts getting too mushy on the ferris wheel.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    actonsteve wrote:
    1. FYEO
    2. TLD
    3. OP
    4. AVTAK
    5. LTK

But the Glen era is my favourite. Hey! I am an eighties boy!

I'm a little late to the party here but I just wanted to say that I think you have an awesome list, as it is identical to mine.
    Long live 80's Bond!
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 1,637
    QBranch wrote:
    Ah, AVTAK is still in the race...

More....more power , DO IT !

Script wise OP beats AVTAK but villain wise AVTAK wins.

• edited May 2013 Posts: 3,333
    Oops I've double posted the same list. Please delete
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 1,395
    I always have trouble ranking the John Glen Bond films. They vary from serious spy thrillers, to more campy Bond adventure, ending with the Miami Vice-like 80's Licence to Kill.

1) The Living Daylights -The gem of the 80's Bond films, I feel this film has grown on me the most, though I always liked it. Cold war era, spy adventure, thriller, and lighter on the comedy. Dalton is perfect as 007!

2) For Your Eyes Only- This film is #2 because I feel the change of pace from TSWLM and Moonraker was exactly what Roger Moore needed. John Glen was the right man for the job. I love the plot and the simplicity. Nothing is over-the-top. If only Barry did the score..

3) A View to A Kill- This is in the middle of the list because it is my number 1 guilty pleasure Bond film. I enjoy Walken's performance as Zorin so much! They haven't had a villain to match him since '85, imo. Moore is old. TOO old. But he gives a stellar performance, along with his stunt double ;).

4) Licence to Kill- I highly enjoy this film and it often changes place with FYEO. It's not a perfect Bond film in any regard, though it feels much different in tone than any other Bond film. The comedy in the film feels out of place (the cheesy bar fight at the dock, Wayne Newton :P ) but overall I feel the story is just right. Better revenge payoff than any of Craig's outings.

5) Octopussy- I just can't place this one. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the film, the locations are the best (along with Barry's score!). However the tone seems to change between serious and comical too often. Maybe that shouldn't be a negative I just sense that the film didn't know exactly what it wanted to be. The low point of 80's Bond but I enjoy it nonetheless!

Haven't made a solid post on Mi6 for years, but hey- summer is here and it's time to watch some Bond!
    Although it seems to vary at times, I would still say License to Kill is the best of the John Glen-directed Bonds! A View to a Kill comes in after that, and then from there For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, and The Living Daylights, though even TLD ranks higher up for me, so all things considered, the John Glens are several of my favorites!
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    1 ) FYEO
    1' ) TLD
    3 ) Octopussy
    4 ) LTK
    4' ) AVTAK
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Beast wrote:
    Although it seems to vary at times, I would still say License to Kill is the best of the John Glen-directed Bonds! A View to a Kill comes in after that, and then from there For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, and The Living Daylights, though even TLD ranks higher up for me, so all things considered, the John Glens are several of my favorites!

TLD the worst Bond of the 80's?

Controversial Sir!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I consider TLD one of the best Bond films ever, and in almost every single aspect miles above AVTAK. OP rates lower too. Depending on my mood, I might shift FYEO, LTK and TLD around in my 80s top 3.
    1: TLD (ranked #1 overall)
    2: LTK (ranked #4 overall)
    3: OP (ranked #12 overall)
    4: FYEO (ranked #15 overall)
    5: AVTAK (ranked #20 overall)

In all of Glen's films, Bond's partner is killed (Luigi, Vijay, Tibbitt, Saunders, and Sharkey) and Bond is spooked by an animal.
    1. For Your Eyes Only - Very Flemingesque, although the soundtrack was not up to Barry

2. Octopussy - Very Flemingesque, Barry soundtrack, Moore maybe too old and street chase to boring. The Tarzan yell was out of place, Clown/Circus theme very Flemingesque.

3. The Living Daylights - Good up to the point when he left Tunisia. I thought Whitaker was a bad villain.

4. A View To A Kill - Very flemingesque, very modern - Zorn and May Day the first Pomosexual (Post Modern Sexual) Bond villains. Moore was too old, story a bit weak.

5. License To Kill - An unfortunate train wreck that made little sense. Very bad way for Dalton to end his Bond career.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    1. Licence To Kill
    2. The Living Daylights
    3. Octopussy
    4. For Your Eyes Only
    5. A View To A Kill

Glens movies aren't the best, his movies are all pretty bland and too much of a template. It get's better with Daltons films but it's not really good.