Nightfire video error in windows 8

edited April 2013 in 007 Gaming Posts: 16
My nightfire worked fine after I installed k-lite. Now I got windows 8 pro x64 free from glowgaze.com and no matter what I try, the codecs just refuse to work and my arch nemesis, Mr. White screen came back. Please help! :o3

Comments

• edited April 2013 Posts: 57
    Flagged for advertising.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 16
    Sorry for that. I didn't mean any harm.
    But the issue is clear, right?
    :)>-

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Don't bother with him, he's a troll who false flagged you for no reason.
    Thanks a lot, man! :)>-
    No problem. :)
    Can you help me solve the codec problem?
    :o3
    Zeus wrote:
    Can you help me solve the codec problem?
    :o3

I'm sorry. I wish I could help.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Flagged for advertising.

Expect a PM.
    samainsy wrote:
    Flagged for advertising.

Hehehe

You too, @samainsy.

• Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    The reason the game isnt working is because you're using the latest state of the art operating system and the game you are trying to play on it is older than Jesus Christ.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Well the game was released 11 years ago, and hasn't been updated to work with the newer PC devices (Vista, Windows 7/8). I don't own the game myself, so I don't know how to help you with the situation
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 16
    Solved it myself by installing k-lite x64
    Hey, on a similar subject, did anyone ever play The Operative: No One Lives Forever? It's even older than Nightfire, came out in 2000 I think, but it was an awesome game and I loved playing it but I'm having a similar problem trying to make it work on my vista x64 laptop. I know I'll probably be flagged too but can anyone help?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    About Nightfire, the problem had also resolved for me when i instaled the K-Lite Codec Pack, that is available on the internet. But on Windows 8, try to run on compatibility mode, or administrator. Unfortunately there's no other options.
    Hey, on a similar subject, did anyone ever play The Operative: No One Lives Forever? It's even older than Nightfire, came out in 2000 I think, but it was an awesome game and I loved playing it but I'm having a similar problem trying to make it work on my vista x64 laptop. I know I'll probably be flagged too but can anyone help?

What problems are you having? C++? Compatibility?
    X3MSonicX wrote:

What problems are you having? C++? Compatibility?

I don't have the game with me right now to check exactly what the error message said, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with compatibility. The fact that my new computer is 64-bit wouldn't allow the program to download in the first place, let alone run. I think my friend told me once about a way to re-write a section of code in the program so that it could download, but I think I tried it and it didn't work. But then again I'm not great with computers so I could have done it wrong. Any suggestions? And have you ever played the game?
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 16
    The operative is great. But I think you must have 32-bit OS, I had it on win7 but it won't work in win8 either. My win7 was 32-bit. :( But you may be able to make it work by downloading Microsoft visual C++. Best of luck! :-h
    The reason nightfire videos didn't work was because win8 x64's media player is x64, unlike the conventional x86 program in x64 versions of windows XP, vista and 7. Media center is x64 too. But k-lite 64-bit solved everything! B-)