Creasy47's Behind The Avatar Interview Thread With Agent_99 (Page 22)

BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
edited January 2019 in General Discussion Posts: 14,811
(Creasy47 is editing this post) Let's start this up again in a fresh manner! In the last few years, myself and a couple of others were interviewed by @Benny. Long story short, I eventually took over the thread for him, and this is how it ran: initially, you threw your name in if you wanted to be interviewed, and the first person (which ended up being myself) who was interviewed (based on a template of set questions - Bond related, personal questions, random and fun ones, etc.) - would then nominate another member who was interested to go next, and so on and so forth. If you look through the first few pages, you can see interviews with myself, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, and I believe @JWESTBROOK, which will give you an idea of how it goes. Sadly, it hit a snag eventually when it simply fizzled out, but the interest was strong and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Thus, I've decided to revitalize this and bring it back! We've had plenty of new members join since the last time this interview thread was going on, so I wanted to see if the interest still stands and members would enjoy being interviewed. If that's the case, I'll more than likely edit the old template into something like this: 10 to 15 Bond related questions (i.e. Which is your favorite film/actor/director/title song/etc. and why, what're some of your favorite scenes and lines, what would you say are the high and low points of the series, etc.), some personal questions (nothing sinister, of course, just something to let you talk about your outside-of-Bond interests and let other members get to know you a little better), and I always attempted to throw in a few fun, miscellaneous questions, too.

So, if you are indeed interested, please leave a comment stating so, and I'll be sure to constantly update this first post with the usernames of those interested. After a couple of days, I'll select one at random (of course, there's no cut off point, I can always edit the list to reflect those who are interested), interview him/her through PM, and along the way, I'll post the questions and answers; your answers can be as short or as long as you'd like! Once the interview process is done, I'll give 24 hours or so (again, depending on the popularity of this thread) for members to ask the interviewee any questions they may have, and finally, the person I interview will nominate someone who has yet to go, and the process can start all over again!

The only thing I ask is that if you are nominated and won't have a few days to spare to answer the questions, please let me know and I'll see to it that someone else is nominated, just so we don't have the thread sitting in limbo for a few weeks waiting for answers. We had a lot of people interested last time around, and I want to ensure that everyone has a chance, and I'd love to get this thing moving at a pace of two interviews every seven to nine days once it's all smoothed out.

It was really fun to be interviewed and interview those who were interested, and there's nothing wrong with learning a little bit about one another and connecting in a way that doesn't pertain to the world of James Bond. So, let's get this started: if you're interested, please state so and I'll add you to this first post. Thanks and have fun!

Members Who Would Like to Be Interviewed:
DCisared
StirredNotShaken
thedove
barryt007 (Pending)
Roadphill
QBranch

Members Who Have Been Interviewed:
PropertyOfALady (Page 10)
4EverBonded (Pages 11-13)
Kerim (Page 15)
DarthDimi
CraigMooreOHMSS (Page 20)
CommanderRoss (Page 21)
Remington (Page 21)
Major_Boothroyd (Page 21)
Agent_99 (Page 22)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd love to be interviewed. If this becomes something with a lot of interest, it would be a great thing to see gear up down the road.
    I would be happy to do this!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Interesting, I would love to know more about other members (hope the feeling is mutual).
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited April 2013 Posts: 2,044
    I would be interested, although I don't know if I'm enough of a regular poster. Even though I've been here since day number 1.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Yeah why not.
    With pleasure,Benny, with pleasure.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Yea I would love to, with pleasure.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Sure, why not? Nice idea. I'm interested in learning more about the fine folks here.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 121
    With pleasure. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Yes, Late night with Benny Letterman returns! I think I'd be ok with beeing interviewed, though I remember the thorough questioning of the old threat. Can I also nominate some people? DarthDimi, St. George, Doubleonothing, Tuulia, of course 4ever but she's already said she'd be interested. Timmer's back too. SirHenry,... maybe I should stop here..
    Ooooh that sounds fun! Count me in!
    Yea, count me in too!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Ah, this old chestnut. Glad to see it return @Benny :)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'd happily do it. Looks like there will be a long waiting list though.
  • Count me in.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Am I seeing a ghost? It is great to see this revived, I never thought I'd see the day.

Further down the line, I'm up for this but let those who got in first go before me.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I'd love to be a part of this. In any way.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Same here, count me in. :)
    So who's first?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh I'm game, @Benny! Go for it, man. :-)
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    I'd love to. I'm new but it'd be a perfect opportunity to get everyone to know me. A good introduction.
    I think Benny is sleeping now. When he comes back, he can tell us who is on first. ;)

This should be an interesting thread; I never read the old one, so I am really eager to get this one started.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sounds fun. I'll give it a try.
    Sure, sounds fun.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I think Benny is sleeping now. When he comes back, he can tell us who is on first. ;)

This should be an interesting thread; I never read the old one, so I am really eager to get this one started.

I was indeed sleeping. Sorry folks, to keep you all waiting.
    What a wonderful response to the question though, very happy to see so many willing members who are up to be interviewed.
    I'll update the opening post to include those members who wish to take part.
    As @Creasy47 was the first to nominate himself, I think it's only fitting that he join me on the couch first.
    I'll quickly go over how this all works. First I send a set of questions to the member via PM, to which they reply. These questions cover a Bondian theme at first, then the later questions cover a more personal side to the member. If the member feels they do not want to answer certain questions, then via a PM to myself I will alter the question to something else. The final phase of the interview is where the interviewee can be asked questions from other forum members, but please do not ask questions in this thread untill requested to do so.
    Finally to make it a little fun, rather than simply follow the list in the opening post, the current interviewee nominates to me via PM, the person to be interviewed next. At the end of the interview, we will reveal who that member will be.

So with that all sorted, and the first member picked all that need happen now is to watch this space.
    But please do let me know if you'd like to participate. I always found this to be a great way to getting to know a little more about our forum friends, and often alot of fun.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Who was in charge of this back in the day, @Benny? Lala, PK? The name escapes me but boy, did it go a long way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have no objections to this, though I must admit that I would like to jump on a couch during said future interview.
    Sounds great. Looking forward to reading more about @Creasy47.
    Thanks again!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Who was in charge of this back in the day, @Benny? Lala, PK? The name escapes me but boy, did it go a long way.

I started the original then after a while retrokitty took over. It certainly did go a long way.
    I'm sure we can create a thread here that many member will enjoy taking part with, but also learning more about the person behind the avatar.

Sounds great. Looking forward to reading more about @Creasy47.
    Thanks again!

Yes I have to agree. @Creasy47 is a well known, and regular poster here at Mi6. I'm just going over the initial set of questions, that I'll send to him later today.

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I would be willing. Loved the interviews from the old site.