George Lazenby Q&A Last Night...

edited April 2013 in Actors Posts: 132
Hi guys,

I was fortunate enough to get tickets to a screening of On Her Majesty's last night in Glendale. Further to the screening we had the pleasure of Mr. Bond himself giving a Q&A live on stage before the movie. I have to say, what a charmer that guy is. I definitely got the feeling that he had a billion stories to tell and I could have easily sat there listening to them all night.

Here's the man himself...

lnDmDOi.jpg

Comments

Great picture. Yes, Laz is a first class raconteur. Great to see him still milking his Bond experience. Was a hell of a good film he made!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Can you recall of the stories @tommychameleon?

He gave a great one two years ago:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/event_george_lazenby_qa.php3
  • Haha, yeah, most of them were about women, to be honest. I'm not sure the majority of them would be suitable for a family friendly forum, such as this.

He spent a lot of time talking about how he felt when he famously, barged his way into the production office, before he auditioned for the part. Having never acted before, he said, after he got the call-back, he went out that night to get acting lessons :-)
  • He also claimed he wasn't "hard to handle," which made me smile.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Hah! After all this time Lazenby still seems like a good sport. Thanks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Oh, to see OHMSS on the big screen... 8->
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Sounds like it was great. Last interview I saw with him was the Everything or Nothing doc which I liked him in. I get the feeling he boats quite a lot about his 'conquests' :))

Did he mention any of the other Bonds?

On a side note I'm seeing Honour Blackman next month at the Camberly Theatre.
    The print was an original 35mm from 1969 with stereo sound. It was just like seeing it back in 69. Amazing.

Packed house. It was truly an event.

One of the stories was about how Diana told George they could become very "close" friends if he laid off the other girls. He didn't and they didn't.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just for the sake of elimination, did George tell any stories that didn't involve copulation?
    I'm not sure the majority of them would be suitable for a family friendly forum, such as this.

Brilliant. Lazenby is a legend. Seems like a really fun bloke.

Apart from Moore he seems to be the one who's done the most Bond related stuff since he left. He seems to do lots of conventions and the like.

He's also the most like Bond in real life. He's (I don't think you can argue against this) the toughest out of all the actors and if we believe him then he's shagged the most women.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Just for the sake of elimination, did George tell any stories that didn't involve copulation?

It's George, would we have him any other way?

Must have been a night to remember.
  • He just seems totally down to earth. The sort of bloke who'd be amazing at a dinner party :-)

A ton of stories about inviting 40+ dancers back to his hotel room. Sleeping with ladies on set in tents and even strapping a jumbo sausage to his thigh for the kilt/lipstick scene.

What a guy :-)
    He just seems totally down to earth. The sort of bloke who'd be amazing at a dinner party :-)

A ton of stories about inviting 40+ dancers back to his hotel room. Sleeping with ladies on set in tents and even strapping a jumbo sausage to his thigh for the kilt/lipstick scene.

What a guy :-)

Ha, he told that story to Jeremy Clarkson if I remember.
    He's also mentioned it in interviews as well. A great story and no doubt you'd get arrested if you did that today!
    It would be funny if Dalton or Craig did stuff like that.

I can just about see Rog doing it though.