James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This is just like the price of finding NSNA on blu-ray. I've seen it on miscellaneous sites, but I'm not paying that amount of money for one film.
  • A steelbook edition of the "Skyfall" blu-ray featuring that beautiful London-themed cover illustration is now available from Amazon.de. Like the French edition, this is exclusive to the local Amazon. I also checked the UK site -- and no steelbook available there. Even the Americans do not have one listed either. How strange.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    This is just like the price of finding NSNA on blu-ray. I've seen it on miscellaneous sites, but I'm not paying that amount of money for one film.
    UK NSNA release set for April 1st 2013 £8.00 on Amazon uk. ;-)

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited January 2013 Posts: 2,044
    A steelbook edition of the "Skyfall" blu-ray featuring that beautiful London-themed cover illustration is now available from Amazon.de. Like the French edition, this is exclusive to the local Amazon. I also checked the UK site -- and no steelbook available there. Even the Americans do not have one listed either. How strange.

Steelbook is aviable for Scandinavia too!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    UK NSNA release set for April 1st 2013 £8.00 on Amazon uk. ;-)

I'm in the US, so I'm screwed out of that unless it's region-free. Still disappointed the SF steelbook isn't region-free.

• We may still get it. Best bet is BestBuy
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I find it odd that the "O" on the OP logo has only 5 tentacles...
    http://images.blokker.nl/products/1000_1000/VB_1792846.jpg :-/
    Can someone tell me what the newly released individual blu-ray discs of the old movies look like? Not the covers, but the actual discs. Do they match the Bond50 set? I love the new covers and was almost tempted to buy them again. If they have picture discs I may just have to get a few of them..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Taffin wrote:
    Can someone tell me what the newly released individual blu-ray discs of the old movies look like? Not the covers, but the actual discs. Do they match the Bond50 set? I love the new covers and was almost tempted to buy them again. If they have picture discs I may just have to get a few of them..

Pour-les-fans_portrait_w858.jpg
    The individual releases look exactly the same?
    Taffin wrote:

I don't have the set, I can't say. Many on here have it thought, so you should ask around to be sure.
    Taffin wrote:

All of the discs are black with '007' on them, and are almost identical except for the title.
    Thanks a lot for both your help. I was hoping for the covers to be pictured on the discs, like the old version of QOS! I guess this is good news, I really don't need an extra copy!
    Hi all,

I've signed up literally to find this out. I have the 50th anniversary box set. And the retail Blu rays for Skyfall seem to have a disc that does not match the other discs in the set. Where can I find a copy of Skyfall that's in keeping with the other discs and retains the black disc theme?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You can't. There isn't one out there. The DVD release carries a different design and that's it.

Welcome @maggi133.
    maggi133 wrote:
    Hi all,

I've signed up literally to find this out. I have the 50th anniversary box set. And the retail Blu rays for Skyfall seem to have a disc that does not match the other discs in the set. Where can I find a copy of Skyfall that's in keeping with the other discs and retains the black disc theme?

So far, you can't. Supposedly there will be a new Bond 50 set released including Skyfall.. but honestly I doubt that will ever happen.

You'll just have to throw in the white Skyfall with the rest of the discs for now:)
    @JWESTBROOK, I do hope that new set is merely a dirty rumor some fan concocted. What would be the point of a 50th Anniversary set with a place for SF, just to release a new 51st Anniversary box set with SF in it?

Although, in this day and age, I wouldn't put it past them to do this.
  • anyone else had problems with the digital copy of SF included in the bluray set?

I can't load it onto my netbook
    anyone else had problems with the digital copy of SF included in the bluray set?

I can't load it onto my netbook

I haven't. I managed to watch it in HD with absolutely no problems.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Got mine on my MacBook and iPhone - no problems here!
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 2
    If so, please click the link below and sign, share, and promote this petition! There is no monetary gain or incentive for me, so don't worry about that! All I want is a box set where all the discs match! Thank you in advance for your help and support.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/skyfall-bluray-doesnt-match/
    Given that it already says on the back Skyfall (coming 2013) - or something like that - then it has already been flagged up that Skyfall was a separate release. Would prefer it to match, but figured it wouldn't and it is not a deal breaker
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not news. Moved to the proper section.
    I'm not signing it. Would I prefer the discs match? Yes of course. In the end it's not a big deal and I don't need to bother somebody at EON or Sony or wherever about it when they can be doing more important things.
    im just more pissed off that the main menu on the dvd/blu ray is so amature looking
    doesnt have the excitement of the ultimate special edition dvd/ Bond 50 Blu Ray menus
    I am not too upset about it not matching. Would have been nice since the 50 anniversary set has a slot "reserved for SkyFall". I would have been surprised if it had matched.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I would sign it if I thought anyone gave a toss but the way the whole lacklustre bluray box set was handled tells me you are wasting your time entirely if you think anyone at EON is concerned in the slightest.

That's why I find this whole 'lets send a letter to Babs and MGW giving grovelling thanks' rather pathetic. They delivered a good film yes - but shouldn't that be the minimum requirement we expect from them? In all other aspects the 50th was mostly a disappointment.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I care little for menus and box matching. I care about the content.
    in that case The Blu Ray and DVD content was shit... i mean pay $20 more for just 2 Audio Commentarys for the blu ray with only 4 featurettes that dont matter- the dvd was worse as it just had the featturettes but nothing of any real impact
    I am ashamed to say I haven´t read through all pages of this thread, so perhaps my query is redundant:
    I switched from tube tv to led tv, and bought a br player. I have SF on dvd and br. The dvd looks stunning, the br has kind of a jerking picture, as if every second frame would be missing. Is there anything specific with the setting on my tv or br player I should check? Thanks!