Take Bond Away from Activision

12345679»

Comments

• samainsysamainsy Suspended
    If they finally make a good Bond game after years of waiting then only have it on Playstation I'll be just as pissed off as I was with Legends.

It's not fair on the rest of us.
    Legends wasnt that bad. I mean got stuck on the bit where you had in Goldfinger where you had to break into Fort Knox,and the skiing bit in OHMSS,and inflatrating that Mexican place and in Moonraker where you had to get to the shuttle and taking out all the poison and I dont like it in 3rd person.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    samainsy wrote:
    If they finally make a good Bond game after years of waiting then only have it on Playstation I'll be just as pissed off as I was with Legends.

Legends wasnt that bad. I mean got stuck on the bit where you had in Goldfinger where you had to break into Fort Knox,and the skiing bit in OHMSS,and inflatrating that Mexican place and in Moonraker where you had to get to the shuttle and taking out all the poison and I dont like it in 3rd person.
    Why do we hate it? Well, I think we all hate the part where they...RUIN ALL THE FILMS AND COMPLETELY SWITCH THE PLOTS OF EACH OF THEM UNTIL IT ISN'T EVEN JAMES BOND ANYMORE.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    samainsy wrote:

Why do we hate it? Well, I think we all hate the part where they...RUIN ALL THE FILMS AND COMPLETELY SWITCH THE PLOTS OF EACH OF THEM UNTIL IT ISN'T EVEN JAMES BOND ANYMORE.

Yes I agree with you there I mean he didnt invade that Mexican place like that, you dont invade Fort Knox, OHMSS was quite like the film apart from the Aston Martin DBS, Moonraker doesent even look like it because you have too break into a space shuttle which isnt actually what you have to do in the film , and Die Another Day Jinx does not look like that at all I think they got Dr. Goodhead or whatever her name is hair mixed up and they dont break into the plane in Iceland. Oh and it would have been better if they had a tobaggen chase rather than kicking Blofeld off.My idea for the next games were good SC/GL era RM/TD era and PB/DC era and if they were in legends make them shorter if they had there own game make them shorter and rather than having Daniel Craig for all of them have each James Bond for their era.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I played the game and the action is very good. But WHY CHANGE THE PLOTS?? If it's an homage for all of the actors, they should have made the original script.

Also, they just picked up the most famous films from their respective eras. Why didn't they got Thunderball from Connery, TMWTGG or TSWLM from Moore (tho they're even more famous), TLD from Dalton? They should have acted different.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I played the game and the action is very good. But WHY CHANGE THE PLOTS?? If it's an homage for all of the actors, they should have made the original script.

Also, they just picked up the most famous films from their respective eras. Why didn't they got Thunderball from Connery, TMWTGG or TSWLM from Moore (tho they're even more famous), TLD from Dalton? They should have acted different.

All of your questions have one answer: Because it's Activision. :-L
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    All of your questions have one answer: Because it's Activision. :-L

You summed it all up.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 612
    We need news.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I doubt we'll hear anything for a long time on where Bond heads next. The wait will last until after the next film is announced at least.
    personally I don't get why since eon wont touch the continuation novels a good developer doesn't take for example Colonel Sun update it for Daniel Craig's continuality with a Paul Dini esque writer and there you go.
    I'm afraid EON doesn't seem to "get" games. They got lucky with giving it to Nintendo and EA because those guys cared about Bond but it's obvious that they lack a plan to have the games follow. I'm still curious if Activision gave up the rights or if EON took it from them. But unfortunately I agree with what's been said. Anything about a new game will not be announced until after Bond 24 is in production
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I'm afraid EON doesn't seem to "get" games. They got lucky with giving it to Nintendo and EA because those guys cared about Bond but it's obvious that they lack a plan to have the games follow. I'm still curious if Activision gave up the rights or if EON took it from them. But unfortunately I agree with what's been said. Anything about a new game will not be announced until after Bond 24 is in production

Yeah cause From Russia With Love , Goldenye Rogue Agent and 007 racing were all important games that had care and...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I can't get through that without laughing I think people are looking at the EA era with rose colored glasses

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Risico007 wrote:
    Yeah cause From Russia With Love , Goldenye Rogue Agent and 007 racing were all important games that had care and...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I can't get through that without laughing I think people are looking at the EA era with rose colored glasses
    Yeah but for those stinkers we had TWINE (N64), Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything or Nothing. Easily the best James Bond games ever.
    Risico007 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nightfire (my personal favourite) and Everything Or Nothing alone are better than anything Activision came up with.

The effort that went into Everything Or Nothing alone is astounding. The game had top notch production values, the entire regular cast from the movies and even Willam Dafoe as the villain!

Meanwhile in 2012, with Bond at the biggest it's been since the 60s, we couldn't even get the current Bond's voice? Disgraceful.

And yes I know Nightfire and Agent Underfire didn't have Brosnan's voice but they made up for it with variety, fun gameplay and a Bond feeling.

From Russia With Love butchered the film but the gameplay was still enjoyable and Sean Connery was in it! I bet his fee alone cost more money than Legends took to make.

Goldeneye Rogue Agent was crap but I think their other games make up for it. Besides, EA butchered one film, Activision butchered 9.

I'm sorry but EA put more care and effort into the Bond licence than Activision. You might prefer Activisions generic/crap offerings to EA's great Bond games but you can't deny that more effort and care went to the licence back in the early 00s.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 127
    Was hoping to come back here and get some good news... that a new Bond game was heading our way some time soon :(
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Was hoping to come back here and get some good news... that a new Bond game was heading our way some time soon :(

I'm certain we won't find this out for a very, very long time.
    Risico007 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know when somebody goes "HAHAHAHA" on any post, it seems to just lessen the importance of whatever comes next...

EVERY game from EA with the exception of 007 Racing and Tomorrow Never Dies were better than most of Activision's offerings. Say what you will about Goldeneye Rouge Agent, but at least it was a competent shooter with plenty of fan service.

And FRWL was a joy to play through. I still own it. So these "rose colored glasses" you speak of don't seem to exist to me.

On another note, EA has acquired the Star Wars rights so maybe they aren't so against movie games anymore? My top choice is still Ubisoft of course
    bondbat007 wrote:
    My top choice is still Ubisoft of course

I feel like Ubisoft has been making bad choices recently. My hope is Naughtydog (which will never happen), but realistically EA.
    bondbat007 wrote:

I feel like Ubisoft has been making bad choices recently. My hope is Naughtydog (which will never happen), but realistically EA.

EA is doing Star Wars games.
    If Ubisoft got Assassin's Creed's writers and Splinter Cell's developers to make a Bond game then it'd be the best one ever.
    With e3 coming up, maybe we'll hear something about Bond? I doubt it but maybe something will be announced. Not in a press conference or anything but maybe in some sort of press release. I saw that Rare is announcing a new game based on something they've done before. Wouldn't it rock everybody's socks off if it was announced Microsoft got the Bond rights and Rare was making a new game. I can only imagine the reaction
    bondbat007 wrote:
    With e3 coming up, maybe we'll hear something about Bond? I doubt it but maybe something will be announced. Not in a press conference or anything but maybe in some sort of press release. I saw that Rare is announcing a new game based on something they've done before. Wouldn't it rock everybody's socks off if it was announced Microsoft got the Bond rights and Rare was making a new game. I can only imagine the reaction

As long as it's Craig VOICE and Likeness I will be psyched
    bondbat007 wrote:

EA is doing Star Wars games.

EA is big. Maybe Bioware could work on Bond, since DICE is doing Star Wars.
    I never even bothered with the Skyfall DLC for this game because it was total pants. The end of Moonraker where it just fades to black whilst you're still in the space station infuriated me.. Activision may as well have just put a little card inside the case instead of the disc saying

'Dear customer. Thank you for giving us forty of your well earned pounds. We quite frankly couldn't be arsed to put any effort into this game, so we decided not to bother. Your money will help towards the office Christmas party. Yours lovingly, the staff at Activision'.

'p.s. We know as loyal fans you're going to buy the next Bond game no matter how gullible you are and how bad the game inevitably will be'

Not that I'm angry in anyway at all about it ;) Thank heavens that Activision have given up the licence.

Brink back Domark I say (one for the oldies amongst us).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Give the license to Bond to Konami.
  • AgentCalibosAgentCalibos Banned
    You guys do realize that Electronic Arts did the exact same thing in FWRL when it came to the plot right? The Thunderball jetpack looked really out of place in the game, especially the Aston Martin DB5, Bond didnt even know who Q was yet in FRWL.

Oh and I clearly remember Red Grant and Bond having a shootout at a train stop instead of the epic fight in Bond's train cabin :-/