is there anything from non bond spy games you'd like to see adopted in a bond game?

edited July 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 9,730
After replaying Alpha Protocol (seriously it's not that bad of a game it's far better then Quantum of Solace and goldenye for the wii) I began to wonder if Activision can learn from other spy games?

A few things i wish Activision would incorporate from other spy games

Choosing which location to investigate first from alpha protocol
The ability to seduce from Alpha protocol
your known position From Splinter Cell Conviction
Stealth elements from earlier splinter cell games

That's as much as i can think of for now what are your thoughts?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    OPEN WORLD... please...
    yes what DC said but that wont happen
    i would like to see something like L.A. Noire but that wont happen either
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,399
    what i would like to see from a Bond game.......

#1, no more movie adaptations.... make them their own thing... if they have to include the current Bond actor at the time, then so be it - but I get tired of halfhearted movie tie in games, only created as a cheap cash in on fans...

ok, now onto aspects from other games.....

to echo @DaltonCraig... some sort of free roam would be nice, ie: LA Noire, or even Assassin's Creed.... imagine playing a scenario like in AVTAK, where Bond is at Zorin's party.... the ability to go wherever, mingle with guests, spy in on Zorin - and also be able to investigate the grounds for clues....... James Bond is a glorified detective (in awesome spy form) - it's his job to put the pieces to together to figure out the who, what, where's, and whys...... why not put the gamer in 007's shoes, and force them to think, and obverse in order to be able to advance into the game...

gameplay, and handling similar to that of either Splinter Cell, or Assassin's Creed (ironic that they are both Ubisoft games lol).. but I just got done playing AC2, and I could easily see some of that game's aspects integrated into Bond - like being able to blend with a crowd, to either slip past guards, or to listen in on conversations, or to follow people... also the quick and nasty takedowns.... obviously he wouldn't use a sword lol - but that is one thing i did like about Blood Stone, where the takedowns - if they could figure out a way to chain those together, for when you have multiple enemies, then they'll be on to something.....
    ^
    I'm Pitching;

A Large terrorist threat has occurred in the city of westminster naturally MI6 tones this down and employes there best man: James Bond.

Unable to leave westminster until the plot is irradiated, You can explore the city of westminster with bonds arsenal of his q-bo charged DB5 and the PPK. You must bring down Lord_________________ and his undercover terrorist army before the fall of england.
    Bond games could benefit a TON by borrowing elements from the Metal Gear series- particularly MGS4 (because that one seamlessly goes from sneaking to action)
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 669
    Just like DaltonCraig007 said, Open World...!

And the mechanics... "No One Lives Forever", one of the perfect video games ever.

And the music should not have Bourne-type suspense motif, but cool spy themes with guitar strings and likely brasses that describes a modified 1960s tunes, a true Secret Agent theme.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 110
    The sad truth is that no studio assigned to a Bond game will ever have the time, money, or affinity for the series to produce a really excellent one.

@JamesBond I'm not even sure that Monolith themselves would be able to make a game like No One Lives Forever again. It's been 8 or 9 years since they've made anything that wasn't a horror game.

All that said, I don't think that a great Bond game is an impossibility. More than anything, I would like there to be some choice/variation in missions. One of Bond's key aptitudes is his ability to gauge the situation and come up with a game plan. In my mind, a good Bong game would reward you for thinking on your feet and clearing obstacles creatively/efficiently.
    The sad truth is that no studio assigned to a Bond game will ever have the time, money, or affinity for the series to produce a really excellent one.

@JamesBond I'm not even sure that Monolith themselves would be able to make a game like No One Lives Forever again. It's been 8 or 9 years since they've made anything that wasn't a horror game.

All that said, I don't think that a great Bond game is an impossibility. More than anything, I would like there to be some choice/variation in missions. One of Bond's key aptitudes is his ability to gauge the situation and come up with a game plan. In my mind, a good Bong game would reward you for thinking on your feet and clearing obstacles creatively/efficiently.
    It's true I'm afraid.
    OPEN WORLD... please...

that would be nice