Which long-term Bond...Connery, Moore, Brosnan or Craig, aged better in their first 5-7 years?

2»

Comments

Yes Moore might have been invigorated by the Octopussy girls. They kept moving from scene to scene with him. From the island to the circus, on the train, back at the circus and finally with the assault on the castle. Great for getting the blood pumping. Old Q seemed to have a little extra bounce in his step too. In fact, once the excitement died down, he seemed to be taking numbers, much like Laz at Piz Gloria.
    I think Craig has aged fine so far and anyway I don't think age is such a big deal these days, 50 was considered pretty old 20-30 years ago.

For me Connery was starting to age a bit from TB, he seemed to go down hill from YOLT and then hit rock bottom with DAF.

Rog looked pretty good up to FYEO, obviously he was getting on in OP but didn't look too bad but AVTAK definitley put him over the edge. Obviously 80's fashions and make up techniques don't help when looking back at it now.

Brosnan looked good up to and including DAD, one more would probably have been the limit.

Timbo, aged pretty well only in the last 10 years or so has he started to show is age.

Lazenby seemed to age very badly through the 70's.

• 1. Brosnan
    2. Craig
    3. Moore
    4. Connery

I never understand people who say Brosnan hit the wall in DAD. He still looks perfectly suave, not too many wrinkles, sells the action. For 50, he's incredible.

Craig's face has aged quite a bit since CR, but it doesn't really hurt him since he's always been more "craggy" than traditionally handsome, and his physique is still incredible.

Moore looked great in his first few films, but I think MR is when he started showing some wear. By FYEO, his age had really caught up with him; costarring with two 23-year-old actresses really didn't help matters.

Connery was starting to put on weight as early as FRWL, but YOLT is where he really just starts to look old and tired.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd say all the Bond actors have aged well over the course of their films. Though it has to be said (and no matter how much I love him), Sir Rog did stay in the role for one film to many. Some will say two or three film too many, but that's a different story.
    As for a quick ranking on who aged best over a five year period I'd go...

4. Moore - From Golden Gun there is a noticeable change in his age from Spy onwards. Not a huge change between Spy and MR, and his older Bond in FYEO and OP are not a problem for me. Though he's clearly older. But I don't think they were trying to hide it in Eyes Only. I think they went for an older more caring Bond, and Sir Rog pulls it off. Only with AVTAK have we gone one film to far. But I don't care, the man is a legend and can do what the hell he likes. He's Sir Rog.
    3. Connery - Wasn't really until he got to YOLT that you might say, hey he put on some kilos. His first four films were his peak, and it shows.
    2. Brosnan - Pierce is one of those men who age well. Very similar to Sir Rog, in all his films he looked good. Starting to show a little more weight gain by the time he got to DAD. Never past it though.
    1. Craig - He looks pretty much the same as he did in CR. Okay, not exactly, but he looks fit, hasn't put on any real weight. Damn I hate him!
    Craig
    Moore
    Connery
    Brosnan

When one considers that Moore was 45 to 46 years old in his first Bond movie, I must admit that he aged pretty well. Even in his 1980s movies, with the exception of "AVTAK".
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,622
    DRush76 wrote:
    When one considers that Moore was 45 to 46 years old in his first Bond movie, I must admit that he aged pretty well. Even in his 1980s movies, with the exception of "AVTAK".
    I think he aged well enough thru MR. He would have been no older than 51 shooting MR. But after that I thought he looked a little rough as Bond. He was 53 when shooting much of FYEO and IMO he looked it.
    Too bad Dalts couldn't have taken over with FYEO. IMHO of course, as I realize Rog did have his moments in all of his older-Bond films too, but still a young Dalts would have been double-plus awesome in FYEO, OP and AVTAK.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Roger's appearance, in his later movies, could have been helped immensely by a better haircut.