Patterson film...Big Foot hoax or true?

edited March 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 2,782
Do you believe? This film has been a childhood obsession. It's almost 50 years old but they can't say nay or yeah.

It was filmed in Bluff Creek...were they trying to pull our legs?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Of course it's real: Bigfoot and Nessie play poker with me every other Saturday night. I'm not the best card player, admittedly, but let me tell you: The Biggy can bluff like a champ.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 3,494
    I've heard enough very educated people with expertise comment on this film, and state that there were anatomical details to the point that the ordinary hoaxer would not have been able to present something this realistic. They have everything but a body in the way of physical evidence such as footprints, and DNA hair samples collected from sighting spots that belong to an "unknown primate". I believe this creature is a primate and is much more likely to exist than not.

The problem with proving it for the moment is still a body. It's funny though. There are laws that protect this primate from shooting one to prove it exists, and a significant portion of scientists who don't believe it does despite the various evidence.

• I don't presume to know whether or not there are unknown species of primates walking the earth but that video to me looks like its filmed a regular guy running late for a fancy dress party.
  • I don't presume to know whether or not there are unknown species of primates walking the earth but that video to me looks like its filmed a regular guy running late for a fancy dress party.

But what about the boobs and the muscle tone...not faked not at all...an x-creature that we need to take seriously but has become a joke by gits like this:

http://www.notaghost.com/2011/06/bigfoot-hunters-expose-their-own-show.html
  • On a slightly different thought about things not believed or known by the public was the life of Tesla...the guy is a god but is often ridiculed for an after thought...he gave us AC, the radio and the modern world...poor guy...

But what about the boobs and the muscle tone...not faked not at all...an x-creature that we need to take seriously but has become a joke by gits like this:

Sounds like the sort of production I've seen with Britian's most haunted, what a joke.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't presume to know whether or not there are unknown species of primates walking the earth but that video to me looks like its filmed a regular guy running late for a fancy dress party.

The Finding Bigfoot team actually came to my area around last October and two friends and I went to the meeting and managed to get into the meeting to hear everyone's stories; it was a hoot. Bobo wasn't there at the meeting because he was out doing extra "investigating" in the woods nearby, and Cliff made a joke to Matt about Bobo and we all laughed. However, the joke must not have been picked up on the audio and the camera crew had to shoot it again, but when Cliff retold the joke the room was awkwardly silent. Overall, the team seemed nice and though it was at times tempting to laugh or crack a grin at some of the accounts we heard, my friends and I managed to keep a straight face about it and at the end of the day it was entertaining.
    Isn't this like a variation of the Yeti appearances and folklore from the Himalayas ? There have been sightings, but no-one can say for sure, either way, if there is indeed some kind of monster (or however you want to classify it), roaming around. This 1967 film of the Sasquatch has been well documented, and many believe it to be simply some human practical joker. I've seen it many times, so don't need to watch again, but you notice how many times the ape-like creature turns to look at the camera. This has a reek about it. All said, it is most likely some said human joker in a costume, but who can say for sure. As with the famous Scotland Loch Ness sightings, there can be no definite answer, and the intrigue will continue
  • The Patterson film is a bit of a Rorschach test IMHO - people see what they read into it (believers see a sasquatch that has features that couldn't be faked; skeptics see a fake with features that could have been faked). The image clarity is such that even with enhanced versions we'll never know for sure.

The Loch Ness monster is a bit of a false comparison. One of the great comments is that for a stable breeding population, there would have to be so many Nessies that there should be hundreds of instances of them breaking the water to breathe every day (assuming that they breath air, which they would depending on which dinosaur you think they are). Then there's the fact that the entire loch was scanned with sonar from one end to the other and found...nothing.

Great podcast about Nessie on Skeptoid. Here's the print version, but I like the audio versions of this guy's articles:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4318
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 174
    The Patterson film is a bit of a Rorschach test IMHO - people see what they read into it (believers see a sasquatch that has features that couldn't be faked; skeptics see a fake with features that could have been faked). The image clarity is such that even with enhanced versions we'll never know for sure.

The Loch Ness monster is a bit of a false comparison. One of the great comments is that for a stable breeding population, there would have to be so many Nessies that there should be hundreds of instances of them breaking the water to breathe every day (assuming that they breath air, which they would depending on which dinosaur you think they are). Then there's the fact that the entire loch was scanned with sonar from one end to the other and found...nothing.

Great podcast about Nessie on Skeptoid. Here's the print version, but I like the audio versions of this guy's articles:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4318

Even though that article is interesting the guy keeps referring to Loch Ness as a lake!!
    With the excepton of Lake Menteith, which WAS a loch, there are no lakes in Scotland ~X(
    good article, but unfortunately unable to read all now. The idea that the 'monster' is indeed some plesiosaur could well have some substance to it. I know some people are fascinated by the stories, and they even did a movie about it with Ted Danson a few years ago, (it was crap), but there's been hundreds of years of painstaking research, extensive searches, both on and under the water, and still no tangible proof of existence. I do like it like that though, in that, we still await a proper answer and can let our imaginations run riot as to what indeed may be down there
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/02/tunguska-event-meteorite-fragments-1908-impact_n_3201900.html?utm_hp_ref=science

The Tunguska Event finally explained? It's fascinated me for years, I hope this evidence is proven.

The size of those damn things ! Makes what Connery woke up to in Dr No seem tame in comparison. Although there's camel spiders in Afghanistan that are even bigger than that ?. Not really squeamish, but nasty looking bastards..

Couldn't get the other link to work, but there was a similar event in Russia a year or two ago, but on a much more benign degree, but with no actual casualties apparently