5/ I'm optimistic and was looking forward to the future with Bond
    6/ I appeared alongside Blofeld...but not in a Bond film
    7/ Bond left me breathless
    8/ Yellow is more preferable to white

New Clues:

9/ I don't like to do things on my own
    10/ I'm not one to rabbit on - my actions do the talking

those are the clues we have to work with from the previous page

I'll have one last attempt at this and call it a damn night. This is doing me no favors

Clue #10 almost made me say the Glenn Close character from Fatal Attraction, but it can't be that, so will go with

Auric Goldfinger . Appears it hasn't been hitherto mentioned

goodnight
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Maybe it's Drax?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 183
    Thanks for reposting the clues on a new page @Baltimore_007

The last few guesses, Willard Whyte, Sir Godfrey Tibbett, Auric Goldfinger and Hugo Drax, are all incorrect
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wai Lin?
  • It's not Wai Lin
  • Max Zorin?
  • It's not Max Zorin
    Damn it, could it be Thumper (Trina Parks) Diamonds are Forever ?

I'm actually quietly confident on this
    This one is real head scratcher. I was thinking Thumper too but I can't quite make her fit with all the clues, other than a couple.
    hurry back @Rogerclown as I'm eager to see who this really is, and believe I may just have cracked it. (I'm eager to have one last round of my own)

@Timmer Read through the above clues again. They don't all fit, but I made an association with most
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    hurry back @Rogerclown as I'm eager to see who this really is, and believe I may just have cracked it. (I'm eager to have one last round of my own)

@Timmer Read through the above clues again. They don't all fit, but I made an association with most

Planning on leaving us, are you?
    I believe I've had enough. Just lost interest for the most part, or the enthusiasm I once had (in participating), and believe I've made a decision. I did want one last go at these rounds however. Not one to toot my own horn, but I do a very good job with these, and we've had some fun, but only fair, that there's one last round for all to be had (if I can regain control)
  • oo7oo7
    edited March 2013 Posts: 1,068
    holly goodhead
    Andrea Anders
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I'll have a gamble on Sylvia Trench
    Im gonna gamble on Red grant?
    karl007 wrote:

So, you're going to bet it all on Red?...Grant... ;)
  • I will go with Brad Whitaker this time. I can't see how he fits with the first couple of clues but he seems to fit with the rest???
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I believe I've had enough. Just lost interest for the most part, or the enthusiasm I once had (in participating), and believe I've made a decision. I did want one last go at these rounds however. Not one to toot my own horn, but I do a very good job with these, and we've had some fun, but only fair, that there's one last round for all to be had (if I can regain control)

Please don't leave us @Baltimore_007! You are a great part of this forum and superb player on this thread.

I will guess: Countess Lisl in FYEO (I really have no clue ...)
    karl007 wrote:

Well seeing as Robert shaw did appear along side Telly savalas in the Battle of the bulge.
    take my money!
    karl007 wrote:
    karl007 wrote:

Well seeing as Robert shaw did appear along side Telly savalas in the Battle of the bulge.
    take my money!

All joking aside, many clues do match up.
    How does Donald Grant fit into the rabbit equation ? Guess I'm just tired again

Without wishing to appear impatient, I do hope @Rogerclown can return soon and say what's what. And whatever happened to Signed by Roger Moore also ?
    Well i assume its just a Synonyms that he just lets his actions do the talking instead of
    babbling on. Im nearly 100 percent sure that its red grant.
  • karl007 wrote:
    Well i assume its just a Synonyms that he just lets his actions do the talking instead of
    babbling on. Im nearly 100 percent sure that its red grant.

How does Grant fit with clues 1,5,8 and 9 though?
    Future with bond? inappropriately dressed? Yellow preferable to white? Doesn't work on his own?
    :-?
  • Many apologies for the tardy reply, but I was away on vacation for the long Easter weekend. I am back and happy to report that the riddle has been solved.
    Damn it, could it be Thumper (Trina Parks) Diamonds are Forever ?

I'm actually quietly confident on this

And confident you should be Baltimore, because you Sir...are CORRECT! The mystery character was indeed Thumper (Trina Parks) and here's why:

Explanations:

1/ You can't help but admire the view to a kill (The view from atop the rock she lounges upon or moreso the view from Elrod House)

2/ I was inappropriately dressed for 2 of the 4 seasons (Elrod House is mentioned as Willard Whyte's winter residence and it is located in Palm Springs. Inappropriately dressed is referring to her skimpy bikini of course)

3/ It's hard to get any credit around here (Trina Parks is uncredited as Thumper)

4/ I'm someone who loves to be on top (A reference to her atop the rock)

5/ I'm optimistic and was looking forward to the future with Bond (This is a reference to her line "We're going to have a ball")

6/ I appeared alongside Blofeld...but not in a Bond film (Trina Parks was a featured dancer on a Telly Savalas TV special)

7/ Bond left me breathless (Well, he dunked her under the water and she couldn't breathe forcing her to help Bond out)

8/ Yellow is more preferable to white (Yellow = bikini/ White = Whyte)

9/ I don't like to do things on my own (She's a team player with Bambi)

10/ I'm not one to rabbit on - my actions do the talking (Actions are her gymnastic skills and the word rabbit was a clue to Thumper - the rabbit in Bambi)

So, there you have it. Congratulations @Baltimore_007 for cracking that riddle and I urge you to stay on and deliver us a fiendish puzzle. If this is to be your last, make it a good one!

Damn it...and i was so sure ah well there's always next time.
    Thank you @Rogerclown

I apologize for bringing your game to what some may see as a premature end, and I know you do some great rounds (as once again demonstrated) but I managed to crack it towards the end there. The rabbit clue was a great help

Give me a little time to put something together and we get continue with this very soon
    Well the time is upon us, so let's get going one last time. This was the round that was cut off from last fall so it's being resurrected in all it's glory. Watch a master at work

#1 I am a figure of quite significant importance

#2 I was told to do something

#3 I was not to do something

#4 You won't see me in 'The Safety Dance'

#5 I saw, which is (or was), essentially, the very title of that years release

#6 Something very dangerous got a little too close to me

#7 Some people may think I'm not a very nice or helpful person

#8 My name, or who I am, is mentioned at least once

#9 I got very close to (another) most pivotal and significant character of that years release

#10 The sky was a multitude of expansive and effervescent colors

#11 Half of what I am, or who I am, provided some serious danger or jeopardy to myself

#12 I can usually sleep easy after dark

#13 I was asked to investigate something, the results were, that someone was pleased, and that someone was not too happy

#14 The final scenes I witnessed were a scene of mayhem and confusion

#15 I can usually be associated with a particular color

bonus clue

#16 I could of been in Rising Sun, but not with Sean Connery

Take it or leave it
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,622
    nice job @Rogerclown. Those Thumper clues of yours actually do work quite well.

Now for @Baltimore_007 's clues. Quite the puzzle they are. hmmm
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I will get the ball rolling and say. Eve. Moneypeny .