The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    edited March 2013 Posts: 89
    Reccetly bought Due Date check it out. Robert Duvall Jr and Zack Falifinkis funny comedy. Great buys everybody

Children of Men is a clasic scifi, lot of tense action an important movie
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    Reccetly bought Due Date check it out. Robert Duvall Jr and Zack Falifinkis funny comedy. Great buys everybody

Children of Men is a clasic scifi, lot of tense action an important movie

Absolutely, Children of Men one of the best sci movies in recent years. The hand held camera work is excellent shifting from first person to third person perspective, during one take action scenes really drags the viewer into the movie. The film has some genuinely profound moments.
  • TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    Whywas my comment delleted? This is ridiclous. I was tryig to say the bond series can learn new tricks from CHILDREN OF MEN.. Spicing up the movies with camera tricks.

Give me a break mods.
  • I technically purchased Skyfall on Blu-ray at my local store, only I have to wait four more days until it is released :(( Gives me comfort knowing I own it though ;) Cannot wait!!

Also, was thinking about buying the 'Constant Gardner', with Ralph Fiennes. Watched the trailer and it looks fantastic.
    Quantum of Solace, of all things

Saw it today at a reduced price, and decided straight away to purchase it. Very good price. It was almost next to nothing. That's only Thunderball missing from my James Bond collection now
  • Skyfall
    Just paid for the Hobbit, did not have chance to watch it at the cinema. Avoided pretty much anything to do with the movie, looking forward to picking up my bluray on the 8th of April.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,416
    21 March

1002004009042278.jpg
    Magnolia € 4,00. The online price of this store asking € 20,95. The extra's are taken over from disc 2 of the 2 disc SE dvd, but with the BD release documentry only have option for English or Spanish subtitels and trailers/tv spot only Spanish. I think it is the already long screentime (188 minutes) of the movie with 7 subtitel options (Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish) made it impossible for Newline to subtitle another 72 minutes for the long making off with the same subtitels. The Dutch studio A Film Entertaintment made them easy for them selfs and give us the Scandinavia version with a couple of covermistakes on the back cover.

Gladiator Limited 2 Disc Blu-Ray Digibook Edtion € 9,00!
    Front http://oi46.tinypic.com/1hr29t.jpg
    Back http://oi49.tinypic.com/2a5itqq.jpg
    Video

johnny-english-reborn-2011-dutch-r2-front-cover-100309.jpg
    26 March: Johnny English Reborn € 6,00
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 615
    On Blu-ray:
    DREDD
    FROM BEYOND
    A VIEW TO A KILL
    THE DUELLISTS

On DVD:
    DEATH RIDES A HORSE
    A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE
    DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN
    THE SISTER STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION
    MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000, VOL. XXVI
    Just bought Kick Ass on bluray, never seen this film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Martha-Marcy-May-Marlene-DVD.jpg

Having read a lot of praise levelled at both the film itself, and star Elizabeth Olsen, curiosity has gotten the better of me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I picked up 'Jackie Brown' the other day on blu-ray after loving it (and having only just seen it for the first time) on Netflix Play Now. Also picked up 'Zero Dark Thirty' tonight on blu-ray. Almost got a special edition 'book' version of 'Seven' - thought it was on sale for $9.99, but I found it was $35 (somehow) when I arrived at the counter. Looking to pick up 'Django Unchained' and 'Gangster Squad' on blu-ray in the coming weeks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Today I took a trip with the parents to get some air, and found some great films to my surprise!

I have been looking for Casablanca on Blu-ray for so long (one of my dear favorites), and I finally found it today! It was in a double pack with The African Queen, another Bogart classic that I actually have yet to see. Casablanca is worth hundreds of dollars alone, so when I saw that it only cost about $14 dollars for the pack of two films I knew it was a steal!
    883929315949.jpg

I also spotted a rack of DVDs that came in a piece of cardboard and plastic (no dvd case) for only 96 cents each! I saw the John Wayne-starring film McLintock! and to my joy Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps (one I have been wanting to see for a long time) and purchased them both with a cinephile's grin.

the-39-steps-poster.jpg

5940.jpg

4 classic films all in one day, and for less than twenty dollars! And at Walmart no less!
    celebrate008.gif
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I picked up 'Jackie Brown'

Your reminder here of this great movie made me just get one as well. Thanks!
    @chrisisall, nice to know I influenced someone! My only upset with all of this is that it took me THIS long to finally get around to watching it. I think it's the only Tarantino film I had yet to see, but with everyone talking about his film when a new one comes out (such as 'Django Unchained' being compared to this in terms of what his best film was), I had to see it before it was spoiled for me. Excellent film.
    Pam Grier rocks. ^:)^
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I guess I need to see Jackie Brown, then.
    @chrisisall, yes, she does. I've been a fan of hers since I was a young boy watching her in (can't recall the title) a Steven Seagal film. 'Above the Law' maybe?

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, yes, you do. It's wonderful.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    edited March 2013 Posts: 578
    The Newest movies I bought were 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception, both on DVD. I saw 2001 on Friday and, even though it was supposedly a new copy and came sealed, I couldn't finish Inception as it got stuck 20 minutes in.
    even though it was supposedly a new copy and came sealed, I couldn't finish Inception as it got stuck 20 minutes in.
    That happened once to me & a gentle cleaning with dish soap fixed it, even though I saw nothing on its surface. :-O
    chrisisall wrote:
    even though it was supposedly a new copy and came sealed, I couldn't finish Inception as it got stuck 20 minutes in.
    That happened once to me & a gentle cleaning with dish soap fixed it, even though I saw nothing on its surface. :-O

My brand new copy of SF stopped when Silva handed Bond the shot and continued after he was handing Bond the gun. Really irked me, still not sure if that was ever fixed.
    Fearless with Jet Li. From what I remember it was a good martial arts film, so I decided to pick it up.
    I bought quite a few while in Florida.
    51u5sGqoYqL._SY300_.jpg
    51tKCb28y5L._SY300_.jpg
    51jESQSwTIL._SY300_.jpg
    EAH4_ThroneBlood_box_348x490.jpg?1328128338
    5197YYMSRWL.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh how I loved Fearless with Jet Li! So moving and well acted.

I just bought Inception for about $6. Very happy indeed; love that movie, I can watch it often.
    Just pre-ordered 'Django Unchained' steelbook on blu-ray from Target. I can't wait to get it in the mail.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Actually a James Bond film, You Only Live Twice.
    Had a nice surprise today because I found a 2 disc set of Sweeney! and Sweeney 2 for only a fiver. Always enjoyed the series and I haven't seen the film spin offs before, should be good.

I also bought The Sweeney 2012 reboot while I was there because although it was nothing like the original series/films, I do like Ray Winstone and it was a decent action flick in it's own right, so I thought it deserved another watch.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Zero Dark Thirty & Brazil (Criterion) Blu ray's

I've seen neither film before but took a punt as they were on offer on Amazon.com
    @Shardlake, ZDT seemed to be a love or hate film: while I enjoyed the drama, watching the events unfold that led up to the death of bin Laden (SPOILER ALERT! Apologies, everyone.), and the intense finale, my buddy said he hated it and it lacked what made 'Argo' an excellent drama. Let us know your thoughts.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The mail man was kind enough today to deliver the following gem:

nyripper-poster.jpg

I'd seen the film on VHS multiple times in the past but now I desired to add it to my DVD collection. One of Fulci's best IMO.