Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Quoting gt007: @Dusty59 I'm using my iPod Touch right now, it looks great. Only flaw is that each thread appears as one huge page with all the posts...
    I'm back on my computer now and I notice this isn't happening only on mobile version... I guess it's a side effect of the improvement process, so I apologize for mentioning it.
    Quoting gt007: EDIT: When I posted, my post appeared right away. Nicely done guys :-)
    This however happened only on my iPod, still can't see my new posts on my computer.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here. Just making my previews comments more accurate :)
    Quoting Bartleby: Agent_OO7 The autosave feature didn't capture it? Go back into that topic and what you wrote should be waiting for you in the comment box.

I checked not there. The system likes to log me out all the time.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    I just have a couple of questions.

1. What is the significance of a link automatically appearing after the number sign? (i.e. #1 )

2. When I am using Google Chrome, my post automatically shows up when I click "Post Comment", while I have to refresh the page to see it when using Mozilla Firefox. Is there a known reason for this? Is there a Firefox add-on that would alleviate the inconvenience?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    1- In HTML, you can define anchors on a page. Then to link back to them you use the number sign, kinda linking within a page to a specific spot, like is done with comments (if you click the "Quoting member X" link) it goes back to the exact post location.

2- Not sure about that one, I use chrome as well.
    So, why is the person who uses the MI6 account allowed to post rude comments and insult members? But since they can quickly delete post because they are afraid of repercussions they can get away with it?

Childish behavior. Hope whoever it is doesn't run the site. That would be humiliating.
    Quoting Moore:

So, why is the person who uses the MI6 account allowed to post rude comments and insult members? But since they can quickly delete post because they are afraid of repercussions they can get away with it?
    Are you talking about the post he made linking to the Bond & Beyond website? I saw that, and as I went to write a reply he deleted the thread. Agree that it's very odd behavior.
    Thank you. Glad someone else saw it. I tried to reply, but they deleted it. Ran off with their tail between their legs I guess. Too bad they were a little to slow with the delete button.

I've sent a message to James Page about it. It isn't the fact they linked it, whatever that is their agenda. But it was clear that a person who represents the site and helps run it is not only descending into childish antics but clearly has an agenda.

That smacks of a lack of professionalism and immaturity. Certainly, I don't think if I ran a site or business that I would want that kind of person on my team. Members who are meant to enforce the site's rule and policies shouldn't be getting into things like that. They shouldn't being going after and trying to provoke members.

A little professionalism goes along way, it is no wonder why problems have developed with the domains if this is what is going on. People to busy stirring up trouble being concerned with having people sneak up and pull the rug out from under you.

Oh and yes, I am a member of the site both here and on the other site. I have friends at both locations and have stated my intent to post on both as I do not want to lose any friends.

However, if James Page or the moderators don't like this, than I'll leave. I did not know I wasn't allowed to post in more than one site.

I sent MI^ and James Page a message. No response as of yet. Keep you all updated.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 886
    Quoting Bond: Are you talking about the post he made linking to the Bond & Beyond website? I saw that, and as I went to write a reply he deleted the thread. Agree that it's very odd behavior.
    I got two of those messages in my Inbox from a jamesC, not knowing what they were TBH I've since deleted them.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    @danslittlefinger I've got one messege as well but that's all so far...

EDIT: Another suggestion for the site would be the make more use of the white space - maybe expand the columns - and add a background colour option, such as light blue, to make it seem more lively.
  • Quoting Samuel001: EDIT: Another suggestion for the site would be the make more use of the white space - maybe expand the columns - and add a background colour option, such as light blue, to make it seem more lively.

I agree, the expanse of white does strain the eyes a bit. @-)
    Quoting danslittlefinger: I agree, the expanse of white does strain the eyes a bit.

Especially with 100 posts per page!

Is there anyway to shorten that to the normal, 20 - 25?
    Quoting Samuel001: Especially with 100 posts per page!

Yes, that would be great.
    My scroll finger is starting to suffer from RSI.
    Quoting danslittlefinger:
    Quoting Samuel001: Especially with 100 posts per page!

Yes, that would be great.
    My scroll finger is getting is suffering from RSI.
    I'd only be in favor of that if we can get a "last post" hyperlink first. Otherwise it'd take even longer to browse through all the pages to get to the latest post.
    Good point @Bond. Of course page numbers at the top would also solve that issue. Hopefully all of this little but annoying problems can be looked at.
  • Whats the permalink thing for?
  • @danslittlefinger It provides a direct link to the specific area of the page where the post is located.
    Quoting AndrewLucas: @danslittlefinger It provides a direct link to the specific area of the page where the post is located.
    How do you use it for when I press it, nothing happens.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 110
    @danslittlefinger Let's say you want to link someone to a specific post, hit the permalink button on the post you want them to see. You'll notice that the link in your browser's address bar will change. Now, whoever clicks on that link will be taken not only to the thread, but to the specific post that you permalinked.
    Just want to say that if we do eventually get some simpler formatting than just plain old HTML, I hope that we can retain the HTML capabilities as well. There are a lot of things you can do with bare HTML code, like striking text for example.
  • Quoting Bartleby: @danslittlefinger Let's say you want to link someone to a specific post, hit the permalink button on the post you want them to see. You'll notice that the link in your browser's address bar will change. Now, whoever clicks on that link will be taken not only to the thread, but to the specific post that you permalinked.

Nothing happens. Idiot guide maybe? :">
    @danslittlefinger I just permalinked your above post. Click here.
    Quoting Bartleby: @danslittlefinger I just permalinked your above post. Click here.

Ok, but nothing happened when I pressed that.
    EDIT: It went to my post.

BUT: What I need to know is how do you use it? I mean after pressing it, then what? Do you put it into the box or what?
    @danslittlefinger You'll go to your address bar and copy/paste the link there. Instead of linking to just the thread, it will link to the specific post.
    Quoting Bartleby: @danslittlefinger You'll go to your address bar and copy/paste the link there. Instead of linking to just the thread, it will link to the specific post.
    Like this? http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/2319#Comment_2319

EDIT: It just shows the link instead.

@danslittlefinger You did it correctly. That link links directly to my post, comment 2319, instead of the first post in this thread.
    I've been trying to figure this out too @danslittlefinger and I'm as lost as you are. Getting a new pop-up window link is the best I can do as well.

What's going on?
    Quoting Bartleby: @danslittlefinger You did it correctly. That link links directly to my post, comment 2319, instead of the first post in this thread.
    But in your post, the hyperlink says 'Click here' in blue, how you do that?
    @danslittlefinger

That's done by HTML.

< a href=“http://Internet URL goes here.”>Title the visitor sees.< /a>

So your link becomes Click here

EDIT: Wow by clicking this, the pop-up disappears! It's working at last. :-D
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 110
    @danslittlefinger You have to use an html tag:

< a href="your link">Text you want to display< /a>

Note: Do not leave a space between the < and the a as I have here. I put those spaces so that the browser wouldn't try to translate the tags.
This discussion has been closed.