MGM says the next Bond within 3 years

Comments

• edited March 2013 Posts: 2,015
    When you get paid for interviews you should research your subject and their career effectively, coming prepared with compelling questions and not obviously ignorant comments or questions that show your lack of research.
    Oh, yes, actors would love to meet journalists who ask them questions about their contracts and such things :)
    RC7 wrote:
    If he's going to go out shopping in a public place then he has to expect a fan may shake his hand, ask for an autograph or want a photo taken.

And if he had done so, and we had seen the photo on the net of Craig inside the Tom Ford shop, you'd have explained us how "convenient" that his photo looks like for an ad for it, that it was surely staged "Bond, by a Bond blogger, in a Bond shop, and you call that luck, ah ah", that he did it for the money, etc.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    When you get paid for interviews you should research your subject and their career effectively, coming prepared with compelling questions and not obviously ignorant comments or questions that show your lack of research.
    Oh, yes, actors would love to meet journalists who ask them questions about their contracts and such things :)
    RC7 wrote:
    If he's going to go out shopping in a public place then he has to expect a fan may shake his hand, ask for an autograph or want a photo taken.

And if he had done so, and we had seen the photo on the net of Craig inside the Tom Ford shop, you'd have explained us how "convenient" that his photo looks like for an ad for it, that it was surely staged "Bond, by a Bond blogger, in a Bond shop, and you call that luck, ah ah", that he did it for the money, etc.

You bring a very clever look at the situation @Suivez_ce_parachute, I can only imagine the comments as well.

Now, back on topic. I think both Rupert Wyatt and Joe Wright are very possible choices right now. Both are talented directors and both seem to be free. Wyatt apparently has some TV film in pre-production but I wonder if, given the possibility of directing a Bond film, he could possibly refuse. Joe Wright seems to be completely free. His filmography so far has focused mostly on female-centered stories, which is interesting. He has shown to be an inspired director when it comes to action in Hanna but mostly he's a man who knows how to tell a story well and is keen on adapting from literary sources. I found Wright has an interesting Bond connection, he was engaged to Rosamund Pike.
    Tony Gilroy for Bond 24 that is my guess and I'm sticking to it
  • RC7RC7
    if he had done so, and we had seen the photo on the net of Craig inside the Tom Ford shop, you'd have explained us how "convenient" that his photo looks like for an ad for it, that it was surely staged "Bond, by a Bond blogger, in a Bond shop, and you call that luck, ah ah", that he did it for the money, etc.

Are you smoking weed?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Re: previous page where a fan met DC at Tom Ford's ...
    Thanks posting it, GL. :) I do NOT in any way think Daniel Craig came off as a jerk or rude. Not at all. People, he was nice and polite, not at all rude. Of course he doesn't have to allow his picture to be taken during his private life.

And it was classy and real that he offered his hand. I liked that, and what he said, a lot. My opinion of him remains.

For this particular topic: I think within 3 years is a good statement to make, rather than promising 2 years - but I do think with Skyfall's incredible success they will make every effort to get it out a bit sooner. With quality staff on hand. Really hope we know the director by summer.
  • TOFANA007 wrote:
    iv only met one James Bond. It was Timothy Dalton.

and he was mean to me AND my wife of my life my wiffe.

hee came down as a perosnal apperance at a loccal bookstore maybe 2 or 4 years ago. I just wantted to shake his hand and i remmeber him i remember that PBS documentary In the company of wulves. He went around alaska with a shaman holding and meeting wulves. I said "Hi Tim, I'm Mirek (my real name) and i loved james bond, I dont really like Licnece to Kill. Not your best worrk. But, I DID love Company of Wuvles." and all he said to me in return? "Great thanks." my wife stepd forward to shake his hand and he said "shove off"

I was fabergasted and he is a JERK!

Maybe that's it...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You are absolutely wrong, @battleshipgreygt! If I came up to Tim and told him I didn't like his work on a film I expect him to smile and nod, and say "thank you." He really must be a jerk! ;)

Just ignore and IFM, people. No sense in entertaining the circus.
    I liked the first few years when Bond films were released based on novels I read so fat until 1962; the first 4 films released every year: DN-1962, FRWL-1963 and GF-1964
    TB-1965 gave us such thrills when I determined to watch them the very first day they were released for the public.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,964
    they said with in 3 years it doesnt mean it will actually be 3 years. I still say it will be out November 2014
    It's disgusting to read some articles from so called "professionals" about the film being out in 2016. "3 years" obviously means 2013, 2014, 2015. Hopefully we hear something from EON soon to clear some things up
    bondbat007 wrote:
    It's disgusting to read some articles from so called "professionals" about the film being out in 2016. "3 years" obviously means 2013, 2014, 2015. Hopefully we hear something from EON soon to clear some things up

I swear! ,
    So many prominent news sites are giving the movie a date of 2016.
    since this place has been out of news for a while :

Marc Forster has jumped ahead of Guy Ritchie in betting for the next director

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.asp?H=James-Bond:-Is-Forster-Set-To-Return-As-Director?&nItemID=18203

Most unlikely. But I will be very happy if true, that brings David Arnold and a modern classy look back to the table.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Skyfail wrote:
    since this place has been out of news for a while :

Marc Forster has jumped ahead of Guy Ritchie in betting for the next director

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.asp?H=James-Bond:-Is-Forster-Set-To-Return-As-Director?&nItemID=18203

Most unlikely. But I will be very happy if true, that brings David Arnold and a modern classy look back to the table.

i wouldn't mind a Forster return.. i loved most of his direction on QOS.. provided that he

1. doesn't chop up the action like an MTV music video
    2. retains Daniel Kleinman for the title sequences
    3. allows someone like Alexander Witt to handle the action sequences, and not Dan Bradley.

Forster was working behind the 8-ball the entire time on QOS, and i can't blame him for all of that film's troubles.. but he needs needs needs to handle action in a more graceful manner.... so given the provisions above, i'd welcome him back with bells on..
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Forster's not coming back. That I am certain of.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    doubleoego wrote:
    Forster's not coming back. That I am certain of.

in on a private meeting with Babs and Michael were you?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Nope and I don't need to be.
    @haserot
    I loved the QoS action , it had a sense of threat and thrill.

I agree with @doubleoego. You don't need a meeting with Michael or Babs to see the obvious.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    Skyfail wrote:
    I agree with @doubleoego. You don't need a meeting with Michael or Babs to see the obvious.

true... but they did invite him back to direct Bond 23 after all... but he declined.... and i dont think they would extend the offer, just in hopes that he would decline either..

so... anything still remains possible at this point - if he'd be willing to come back, i'm sure EON would take him back.
    HASEROT wrote:
    Skyfail wrote:

true... but they did invite him back to direct Bond 23 after all... but he declined.... and i dont think they would extend the offer, just in hopes that he would decline either..

so... anything still remains possible at this point - if he'd be willing to come back, i'm sure EON would take him back.

@haserot

When Marc was offered to return, Babs or Michael had no clue that their next endeavour will be such a hit among the critics, seeing the critical reception of Skyfall I feel there is little chance for Marc to return.

Though I would absolutely love it ! :D
    I would kill my Bond self, if HE came back. Not the guy, who said: I want this film to be like a bullit" and was certainly true to that. Like with a bullit, you can't follow its way. Worst cut action EVER.

Nothing that hurt the film - REALLY hurt it- was due to the writers strike. It was the cut and shakey camera. Had the roof top chase been given air to breathe, it would have been extraordinary. Had the opening sequence been given air to breathe ... had the Siena bit excluding the roof top given air to breathe...

If you want the next to FAIL, Skyfail - yes then offer it to MF.
    BTW - didn't he just recently sc**ed up his last film with Brad Pitt? Lots of trouble surrounding this one, I read.
    Ha! , That's just my personal opinion Ma'am , I enjoyed the intensity of the action , the modern classy look , David Arnold , the beautiful suits and almost everything the movie had to offer :).

Yup on David Arnold...never understood why people would reject him. Love his music.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 498
    Germanlady wrote:
    Yup on David Arnold...never understood why people would reject him. Love his music.

@germanlady
    Check out the Bond24 score thread @haserot , made a good post regarding Arnold.
    I loved Quantum but Forester won't be back.

it will be someone new for bond 24.
    I hope Foster doesnt come back. When he was directing QOS he knew nothing about Bond. He only saw CR and made what he thought would be a good squal to that with out knowing any Bond history. Please EON keep that guy away from Bond.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 6,601
    fjdinardo wrote:
    I hope Foster doesnt come back. When he was directing QOS he knew nothing about Bond. He only saw CR and made what he thought would be a good squal to that with out knowing any Bond history. Please EON keep that guy away from Bond.

This is not entirely true. Forster and DC did discuss the 60's (as it seemed to have been the case with Sam) and how they wanted to create something with a 60's touch and some hints to that period (Fields covered in oil). Forster knew Bond...
    Germanlady wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

This is not entirely true. Forster and DC did discuss the 60's (as it seemed to have been the case with Sam) and how they wanted to create something with a 60's touch and some hints to that period (Fields covered in oil). Forster knew Bond...

still they should keep him away.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 498
    Germanlady wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

Thanks @germanlady for pointing that out.

@fjdinardo, what you mentioned in the Bond 24 composer thread is not true either.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Forster said he would never Make another bond movie because he'd rather make his own Action/Adventure franchise or something like that IIRC.