Brutal Bond - MI6 Article Series

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Field execution.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yeah that's right up there. And my favorite- I suppose this fits--when Largo had the goon tossed to the sharks.......then turns around and kisses his Spectre ring. Awesome.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Brutal Bond - Dropping Trevelyan

So what do we think?
    edited March 2013 Posts: 17,687
    Samuel001 wrote:

Bond hadn't the strength to both save him AND control him. Bye T. Don't let the dish hit you on the way out.
    Objectively, it was Brosnan's best Bond.
    It was Bond at his most vengeful in terms of Brosnan films, although i would put it in second place to the execution of Dr Kaufman in TND! Brozza was excellent in that scene!
    Samuel001 wrote:

I love that bit. "No, for me", just so badass. Not sure if I prefer that or the Kaufman scene though.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

I love that bit. "No, for me", just so badass. Not sure if I prefer that or the Kaufman scene though.

Good shout for the Kaufman scene. It shows a cold steel professional no nonsense Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    RogueAgent wrote:
    It was Bond at his most vengeful in terms of Brosnan films, although i would put it in second place to the execution of Dr Kaufman in TND! Brozza was excellent in that scene!
    I think Bond shooting Electra trumps both.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While Trevelyan's death scene is my favorite, Brosnan's Bond has had a few one liners that preceded or followed an enemy's death. I love it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    While Trevelyan's death scene is my favorite, Brosnan's Bond has had a few one liners that preceded or followed an enemy's death. I love it.

Alec: "For England, James?"
    Bond: "No. For me."

B-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    And not only does he let him go, but Trevelyan doesn't even get a fast death via the fall. If you look at his body, you can even see how contorted his leg is. But, he has to sit there, broken and bleeding, as he waits for the dish to impale him.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I think Bond shooting Electra trumps both.

Thats a pretty good call too!
    A "golden" classic, if you will. 007 makes no bones about it here; he isn't up for giving him a second chance! It's such a legendary moment! You know 007 would rather see his friend come back around again, but knowing it's just not possible, he must see him dead. And what a way to go! Brutality at its best.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    @ColonelSun. Please use the edit button instead of posting four times in a row! Thank you.

Oh, sorry Darth, I forgot to use the edit button again. Tell u what, I just won't bother to post on this site again, clearly you are more interested in an edit button than anything I may want to share with you.

Are you a child? Stop causing grief for the mods. It's simple: you have something to post after you've already posted, use the edit button. It's really simple, and I don't know why people find it so challenging to comprehend.

Are u serious? U calling me a child? What?

All I was doing was quickly responding and sending you guys messages (whilst working) which I thought you, as Bond fans, would appreciate.

Clearly I was wrong.

I am very, very, very sorry I didn't use the "edit" button in my haste.

Seems like he's gone then.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Are you talking about Colonel Sun? He's still around.
    Are you talking about Colonel Sun? He's still around.

Oh, good. I thought he had left as this seemed to be his last post.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    He still visits. His last time online was today. It may be best to leave him a comment in the activity section.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    He still visits. His last time online was today. It may be best to leave him a comment in the activity section.

Sorry, my mistake. Thanks. Will do.
    Brutal Bond - Knifing Grischska

So what do we think?
    Despite Octopussys flaws, that has always been a moment that stands out to me, it is a really good scene in that film.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Yes, that is a great Bond moment! And Roger played it so well. I loved it, a real standout scene. I do think of OP as lighter overall, with comedy here and there sprinkled like sugar over the whole thing, but this killing was pure Bond and I really appreciated Roger in it.

Oh, and we can now change the title of this thread to Killing Grischska
    Bond needn't have killed Sanchez, he could have pulled out the 'leiter' and just threatened him, then he could have talked to him, y'know, gotten him to see the error of his ways... when we take a life, we are all diminished... even in the worst of us there is a hint of humanity, a voice needing to be listened to, a child without the love they needed early on...

Nah, Sanchez got what he asked for. :))
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Watching it yesterday:
    Sanchez walks away from the tankers soaken in oil " I could have given you everything"
    "Don't you want to know why?" Lights the flame and sets him on fire and the place blows up. Not very good at writing so that's why it's not very detailed.
    Watching it yesterday:
    Sanchez walks away from the tankers soaken in oil " I could have given you everything"
    "Don't you want to know why?" Lights the flame and sets him on fire and the place blows up. Not very good at writing so that's why it's not very detailed.

By chance I was watching that too, @hullcityfan.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Watching it yesterday:

The best by far it get's a bit boring though when their in Isthmus city I mean it doesn't even exist.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Watching it yesterday:

The best by far it get's a bit boring though when their in Isthmus city I mean it doesn't even exist.

I watched parts of LTK for the first time in years. I must say that it holds up very well indeed. Very in keeping with the Craig era Bond films, too. Plus, San Monique didn't really exist either - I don't suppose that it really matters much - just a writers' device to avoid libelling certain countries, I'd imagine.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Watching it yesterday:

I watched parts of LTK for the first time in years. I must say that it holds up very well indeed. Very in keeping with the Craig era Bond films, too. Plus, San Monique didn't really exist either - I don't suppose that it really matters much - just a writers' device to avoid libelling certain countries, I'd imagine.

No San Monique does exist I think just looking for a link oh it is fake I thought it was real here's a link anyway about the places in Bond http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_film_locations#Locations_depicted_in_films
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Watching it yesterday:

No San Monique does exist I think just looking for a link oh it is fake I thought it was real here's a link anyway about the places in Bond http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_film_locations#Locations_depicted_in_films

Never doubt me again.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Watching it yesterday:

Never doubt me again.

Don't worry I won't :D
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Brutal Bond - Knifing Slate

So what do we think?