Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I had the good fortune of meeting Larry Hagman last year. What an awe inspiring moment it was to meet this TV legend. A truly nice man. I told him when I was a young boy, and JR got shot, that I cried.
    He told me I had good taste, and laughed.
    RIP Larry, you were a true heavyweight of the screen.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 5,772
    Just heard the news that Dave Brubeck had passed away. To be honest, I thought he was dead a long time ago.

That's also a big part of my childhood who has died. For a while, on french television, movies were announced by one of his tunes, on a monage of pictures from movies from the same genres. For example, Unsquare Dance was used for comedies.

And of course, there's this :

I guess I'll have to dust off my "Best of..." album to pay tribute to that great Jazzman.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP Dave, you were a true legend. So sad to hear of your passing.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    R.I.P. Dave Brubeck; one of my favorite musicians, he lived a long life as a worldwide jazz icon and his incredible music will live on forever.

Take Five

Marble Arch

Singin' In The Rain
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Jazz007 wrote:
    R.I.P. Dave Brubeck; one of my favorite musicians, he lived a long life as a worldwide jazz icon and his incredible music will live on forever.

Take Five

Marble Arch

Singin' In The Rain

I love 'Take Five.' It's so great.
  • More sad news. He wasn't a media personality but he ( litteraly) help to shape the world.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57557436/iconic-brazilian-architect-oscar-niemeyer-dead-at-104/

Rest in peace, Mr Niemeyer.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2012 Posts: 4,415
    R.I.P. 2012

01 January 2012. Bob Anderson. 89. Stunt guy from The Swordfight from Die Another Day.
    17 January 2012. Piet Römer. 83 Dutch actor.
    11 February 2012. Whitney Houston. 48.
    17 May 2012. Donna Summer. 63.
    05 July 2012. Gerrit Komrij. 68. Dutch book writer.
    08 July 2012. Ernest Borgnine. 95. Airwolf-Santini.
    10 September 2012. Lance LeGault. 77. Best known as Dekker from The A-team.
    14 September 2012. Ger Smit. Voice actor. Together with another voice actor who already past a way he doing voices of very animated series like De Smurfen (Grote Smurf aka Red Smurf and Potige Smurf aka Hefty Smurf) and Niels Holgerson (The Fox) and serie De Fabeltjes Krant (Then you must think about some like Fantastic Mr Fox.)
    30 December 2012. Arend Langenberg. 63. Dutch. Voice from Radio station Sky Radio and the voice of Peter R De Vries his program.

20 July 2012. People who died at Dark Knight Rises Release.
  • I'd just like to give a mention to someone I lost 30 years ago today here. Maybe it's not the right place for it, but I did look around (for the relevant place), and it's a poignant day, all said

It was a family member and I thought they deserved a mention, that's all

Gone but not forgotten

RIP
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd just like to give a mention to someone I lost 30 years ago today here. Maybe it's not the right place for it, but I did look around (for the relevant place), and it's a poignant day, all said

It was a family member and I thought they deserved a mention, that's all

Gone but not forgotten

RIP
    Thanks for sharing such a thing with all of us, @Baltimore_007. You are in our thoughts today.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's worth pointing out that Michael Winner who died today, recently put Bond's Walther Air pistol up for auction.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/collecting_auction_walther_air_pistol_from_russia_with_love.php3

RIP.
    10th anniversary Fred "Krilencu" Haggerty (last yr)
    5th anniversary Heath Ledger

RIP
    Bernard Horsfall who played Campbell in On Her Majesty's Secret Service has died aged 82.

RIP. What a great minor and underused character.
    Indeed. I saw him on stage in the 90s in Paris, playing Col. Pickering in a production of My Fair Lady starring Richard Chamberlain. Great actor, he'll be missed.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Bernard Horsfall who played Campbell in On Her Majesty's Secret Service has died aged 82.

RIP. What a great minor and underused character.

Agreed, his part was minor but very memorable. RIP.
    Damn shame , RIP :(
    The news is that he collapsed and died this morning and was to attend Doctor Who convention '2013 Gallifrey One' next month.
    I want to pay my respect to Bernard Horsfall. His silent character did really a big impression when I was a child watching OHMSS. I did not know if he was a nice or bad guy following Bond and he really intrigued me. Later, I've added the death of his character to my top 3 of Bond's allies who tragically perish in mission.

10th anniversary this Sunday , its no wonder Bret Hart loved to work with him in the ring , he really *was* perfection afa wrestling was concerned :D
  • Curt Hennig is the above, former Intercontinental Champion with the WWF

I realized he was no longer with us, as are a great many former WWF/E wrestlers now, unfortunately, but hard to believe 10 years have passed since Mr Hennig left us

Some wrestlers do themselves no favors away from the ring and it was another sad story at the time, but in any event, RIP Mr Perfect
    True....but Jake the Snake seems to be in better health now thanks to DDP......and I believe Scott Hall has expressed interest in his program too , there's always hope ;)
  • Jake Roberts ? Yes, another one who went off the rails and required help with certain addictions, as was Hall of course. If we can get the people in soon enough and help is available, to sort out any personal issues or inner demons, there is always a good chance of success. I don't watch much wrestling these days, the names mentioned are of course, all past figures of the WWF/E and each individual brought something different to the ring. Sadly a few great names, are no longer with us, such as Chris Benoit, Andrew Martin, Crash Holly and Eddie Guerrero for example, but their names will live on and they won't be forgotten
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It is with the greatest sadness that I have to report the passing of the Actor Mr Richard Briers who has left us at the age of 79 he passed away on Sunday peacefully at home RIP we have lost a great actor with a huge talent .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I heard it on the new just before coming online. He made it to 79, but it's still sad to hear of his passing. R.I.P
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    It is with the greatest sadness that I have to report the passing of the Actor Mr Richard Briers who has left us at the age of 79 he passed away on Sunday peacefully at home RIP we have lost a great actor with a huge talent .

His Tom Good in The Good Life has given him TV immortality. That sitcom will play so long as people have a sense of humour.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Derek Watkins , the man who played the trumpet on EVERY bond film score has sadly passed away. Derek has an interview on the skyfall blu ray special features where he talks about his time working on every bond flick.
    RIP Derek.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DCisared wrote:
    Derek Watkins , the man who played the trumpet on EVERY bond film score has sadly passed away. Derek has an interview on the skyfall blu ray special features where he talks about his time working on every bond flick.
    RIP Derek.
    You can't be serious! That man was amazing and I thought he was one of the coolest people featured in the extra content on the Skyfall Blu-ray disc. RIP Derek; a true musical legend.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Ah, man. This is surprising. He must have been in his mid to late sixties, far too young to go. Not only should he have had another 20 years of Bond films ahead but also another 20 years of life.

RIP Derek - I'm sure you can play some great tunes wherever you are now. :(

EDIT: He was 68 on 2nd March.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Sublime. RIP Derek.

[url] [/url]