Beverly Hills Cop (2013)

edited March 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 816
I'm not sure if some of you are aware of this, but director Barry Sonnenfeld (MIB Trilogy) has been shooting a Tv-Film/Pilot for a new Beverly Hills Cop series. The series will star Brandon T. Jackson as Aaron Foley, and will also see the return of Eddie Murphy as Axel Foley and Judge Reinhold as Billy.

Some set photo's have been released:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/beverly-hills-cop-eddie-murphy-brandon-t-jackson.jpg
http://api.ning.com/files/3jTl2qg9wX2N2IzrlXr706at8yITcldCIQ9Zsp5sFaivQ87RYqQScTNGgdlRa7uia--sEUCLfTQLAhG*IJe76Wbu1a5a5Nan/BeverlyHillsCopTVSeriesStarringEddieMurphyAndBrandonT.jpg?width=500
http://www.filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2012/10/btjackson.jpg

Now, I'm not convinced this is going to work, and I wonder if Jackson is going to be able to portray a character like the one Murphy played so brilliantly in BHC 1 & 2, but I'm casually excited and anticipating the first trailers and the eventual product.

So, I was wondering what you think of this new film and possible series and if any of you might have more information than what I've posted just now. Also, feel free to turn this into a general Beverly Hills Cop discussion after a while, but for now I'd really like your opinions on this new project.

Comments

Would've just preferred a 4th movie with Murphey.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Murphy looks to be in great shape. As for the show, it's not going to be as "adult" as BH 1 and 2 but we'll see how it goes.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Murphy looks to be in great shape. As for the show, it's not going to be as "adult" as BH 1 and 2 but we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, that's one of the concerns I have too, I want the Foley's to be able to swear their @ss off! Also, not being able to, or constantly having to keep in mind that you can't say everything limits the improvisational qualities of the actors, and I think BHC really benefits from improvisation.

• TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    Letssee how "WATERED DOWN" this tv bastardization will be! Bhc 1 and2 can also be darkviolent movies in addittion to funny
  • TOFANA007 wrote:
    Letssee how "WATERED DOWN" this tv bastardization will be! Bhc 1 and2 can also be darkviolent movies in addittion to funny

I think Tv has really been pretty good lately, Tv films have been getting a lot better and have been attracting bigger stars both in front and behind the camera. Sometimes I think Tv will be the way of the future. It seems like there is occasionally more creativity and originality on Tv than in the cinemas.

However, all Beverly Hills Cop films have a 'sacrificial lamb' in the beginning, to sent Foley to Beverly Hills. I hope it's not Axel in this film! Or, at least, don't let him die in the beginning, that would be a sure way to get me to hate this film.

should be a film, not a series... hope there will be a film in the works after this series.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A fourth film was planned and after so many years Murphey still couldn't get a script that felt right, so decided on a TV Series instead. I'd rather this I think than another Indy 4.

The question is, if this is made into a series, how long will it last?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

Barely a season, if it is that lucky.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

Barely a season, if it is that lucky.

Yeah, I don't think the Beverly Hills Cop formula can be stretched over like 4 seasons or something. I'm wondering what kind of stories they are looking to tell if the series would be picked up
  • Wow! I am not sure how this will turn out..

I would rather of had a fourth film from Eddie and Judge, instead of a television series picked up 20 years later. Interestingly enough, paramount wanted to do a series after the first one, but decided against it as they thought it would kill the success of another film.

Makes me happy that there is fans of the Beverly Hills cop films! :D
    Wont be the same without John Ashton....3rd Film sucked really bad
    The original movie was by far the best! Had no idea regarding this TV series though?
    I saw every one on release, although in retrospect, wish I hadn't bothered with the garbage third entry. Of course Steven Berkoff was in the original as Victor Maitland, and they filmed the end at the same place as the Schwarzenegger shoot out in Commando the following year. Not too pleased about a new series but at least they didn't go with a fourth movie release with the usual names, as they had simply left it too late in 1994 by then. I'd like to watch the original again sometime
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The series has been passed on by CBS! That's a real shock! It will now be shopped elsewhere to see if anyone else wants it. We could have a series yet...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/shocker-beverly-hills-cop-gets-pass-at-cbs-likely-to-be-shopped-elsewhere/
    Not even for a TV series of it. Totally against the idea. A fourth movie would of been something even if not all in favor, but to take it to TV with the BHC name ? Lousy idea

I'd go as far to say that Beverly Hills Cop and Axel Foley (Murphy), and all it entailed (at least after the first classic movie and decent second) died in 1987, as the third release was a disaster, they won't go with a fourth movie, and just against the whole idea of the route they're taking now. Damn pity