Z is For sleep: your WORST movie EVER

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I haven't seen Indiana Jones 4, but thought straight away when they went ahead with it, 'Ford is too old for this' , he even looked a bit past it as far back as Clear and Present Danger and Air Force One I felt, and getting the old whip and hat out again in 2008 at 66 years of age, well, I guess ol' Harrison was in need of some extra pay or had something to prove :-??

I always thought the best was the first, at least Ford, at 39 at the time actually looked like a feasible action hero
    Ford was great, and he wasn't the problem. I'd ask you to actually watch the film before you make baseless statements like you have, but if you are and Indy fan you are better off keeping your distance. Ford is a very fit and capable man. Indy 4 failed in script rewrite after script rewrite. They had so many different versions I don't know how the others would have turned out. I just never want to see the piece of garbage again.
    And now they have him lined up for a $150 million film on Noah's Ark. So many huge movies are been greenlit lately that I just don't think can make a profit. Just read today that the upcoming 'John Carter of Mars' has to make $700 million to even spark talks of a sequel.
    Wow 700 million is a big bar set. I wouldn't even except some high rated films of reaching that. Back to Spielberg. If you think his new project is back, there is a possibility of an Indy 5 in the future which Harrison is all too ready for. Tisk tisk Hollywood. Tisk tisk...
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 4,813
    Very true that Ford wasn't the problem. In fact it was a treat seeing him in costume again! The only way his age is really noticeable is if you happen to watch ROTLA right before KOTCS. Sure, then he'll look old!

My only gripes were as follows (and it's nothing new)
    CGI gophers
    CGI monkey/ Tarzan swinging
    CGI ants/ followed by the 3 waterfalls
    Mac- totally pointless character

That's pretty much it, really. I liked the film. If I was to REALLY change something, I'd have Indy in the climax ALONE, rather than accompanied by his little scooby gang. It got to the point where Indy was just another guy in the group- I hated that!
    Come to think of it-- did Indy even DO anything in the final scene?? He was just sort of there

But long story short, definitely not the worst movie ever
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The temple was pretty easy to get into too. These errors should have been so eaay to fix and then you'd have the bones of a good Indiana Jones film.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,399
    The aleins idea was stupid, because whats unique about the other films is they portray different religions (according to spielberg). Raiders was judeism, TOD was hinduism, and crusade was christianity. So the religion portrayed in KOTCS, was, alienism??? they ruined a perfectly good franchise that should've stayed in the 80s.
    As Indy said in the film when Mutt says "God's head doesn't look like that." - Indy, "Depends on who your god is." ..... it's as simple as that - so in that respect, it's still based around a religion - with an artifact which has supernatural properties as the McGuffin.. just because their religion is out of date, and not popularly recognized today, doesn't mean it didn't exsist..... I don't get what the big deal is - there are ghosts that fly out of a box that melt people's faces, ripping hearts out of chests, voodoo dolls, guys drinking water and turning into skeletons.. but aliens are off limits? like that is any more far fetched than what came before.... I'm not trying to make excuse for the movie, because it had it's fair share of short comings, but I don't believe they fall within the actual plot - and the McGuffin..

I don't think after almost 20 years of waiting from fans - that there was any way to appease them.. those expectations built up year after year are almost impossible to meet or surpass - sometimes i think that people assume that when it's that long between films, that they've spent that long working on a script or an idea - which couldn't be further from the truth...

in the end, Crystal Skull was a flawed film - but a film I still had fun watching.. it wasn't close to the same level as the other 3, especially Raiders and Crusade.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

in the end, Crystal Skull was a flawed film - but a film I still had fun watching.. it wasn't close to the same level as the other 3, especially Raiders and Crusade.
    Yeah, it is fun to watch. I could say that about dozens of films, but that doesn't mean they are good. KOTCS is very action oriented but lacks what the others had. A strong classic appeal and used the characters to their fullest while still developing the character of Indy with those around him. KOTCS was full of unneeded scenes and characters, and the last bit of the film was just a long eyeroll up to the point when the credits began. It made the mistake of appearing to set up other films with Mutt, and further drives the stake in me. Lucas and Spielberg and even Harrison can mutter all they want that the film explores Indy as a character. I found out nothing new besides Mutt's existence, which is a card Lucas was ready to play far too long. In essence, who cares if it is fun to watch? I don't consider that a pro when the film ruins a franchise that had the perfect send off at the end of Crusade.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Indy 5 with JUST Ford, and I'll be happy. I didn't care too much for the fourth one - I can't really say it was far-fetched, but the aliens and mixture of LaBeouf swinging with monkeys just didn't cut it for me. The ant scene was pretty sweet, though.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Yeah, it is fun to watch. I could say that about dozens of films, but that doesn't mean they are good. KOTCS is very action oriented but lacks what the others had. A strong classic appeal and used the characters to their fullest while still developing the character of Indy with those around him. KOTCS was full of unneeded scenes and characters, and the last bit of the film was just a long eyeroll up to the point when the credits began. It made the mistake of appearing to set up other films with Mutt, and further drives the stake in me. Lucas and Spielberg and even Harrison can mutter all they want that the film explores Indy as a character. I found out nothing new besides Mutt's existence, which is a card Lucas was ready to play far too long. In essence, who cares if it is fun to watch? I don't consider that a pro when the film ruins a franchise that had the perfect send off at the end of Crusade.
    I said I enjoyed the film, and found it entertaining - it didn't mean I found it as good or well written as the others.... as an Indy flick, it works - but it had several flaws that I didn't care for...

#1 - The Russians.. i get that during that time, 'the reds' were seen as the primary enemy, but i didn't find them as threatening as the Nazi's in the previous films.. but I think a lot of that stems from our social perspective, that the Nazis were seen as the epitome of evil - where as the Soviets, not so much.. sure there was the Cold War, and the threat of nuclear annihilation at the moment someone looked at the other the wrong way.. but I just didn't feel the sense of doom from them in this film - in the others, it was like "we had to stop the Nazi's from getting the Ark, or the Holy Grail, or we're screwed." ..... to use the skull to brainwash people? - meh, I guess I really didn't care..

#2 - The Tarzan swing with monkeys.. this was probably the one moment in the film I rolled my eyes at the hardest... the fridge nuking - as dumb as that was, it's an Indy flick - so whatever. You can't survive nuking the fridge, well, you also can't survive falling from a plane while inflating a raft at the same time, and hope to still be on it when it lands (don't even the use the Myth Busters excuse, because they performed the stunt WRONG).... but the monkeys and the Tarzan swing was just..... stupid.... I can't phrase it any more eloquently than that - because doing so would give it more praise than it deserves - and it comes in the middle of a decent chase/action sequence to boot - what a way to ruin it..

#3 - Mac being a triple agent.. some might argue that his character was pointless, well - so were Marcus and Salha in Crusade, when you really think about... Mac I thought was alright - but him turning out to be a triple agent I thought was just dumb - either have him be a turncoat from the beginning, or just have him as double agent.. the final swerve (which was seen coming from a mile away) was pointless and unnecessary... the character I liked, what they did with him - well, thats a different story... not to mention Indy tries to save him at the end.. this dude almost had you killed, nuked, and killed again, and you're going to save him? - let the f'er die lol..

#4 - Marion... she was just thrown in there as another nostalgic callback - she added nothing to the story, and could've been swapped out for any number of other women... I liked her character, but found her out of place in this film..

#5 - Too much humor... it was thrown in for the real sake of.. nothing, really... it tried way too hard to find ways to throw it in scenes where it wasn't needed.. I know there is humor to the series in all the films - but this one, it just felt dumb... natural humor should be a product of what is going on - not forced in..

#6 - Too nostalgic... I understand that this was the first Indy film in a long while - but I felt there were way too many callbacks to the other films - (like Marion) that weren't needed.. the bit with the ark was cool, but beyond that, i felt like it was too much - when films do that, i feel like it really distracts from the movies itself - taking you out of what is going on.. subtle nods are nice, but too many become distracting, and prevent the movie from having it's own identity... in my opinion..

but despite all it's flaws, including what i stated above - I still enjoyed the movie.. could it have been better? - yes, miles better.. but i still enjoyed it and had a fun time watching it... nowhere did I say it was a great movie... but it's far, FAR from being the worst.

One that sticks out : I saw this back in the Seventies
    Paul Newman in "Buffalo bill and the Indians" \that movie was such a crock of horse manure
    This topic has mutated into the most disappointing movie you can recall. A View To A Kill and Die Another Day are the two most messed up of the Bonds.
    This topic has mutated into the most disappointing movie you can recall. A View To A Kill and Die Another Day are the two most messed up of the Bonds.
    Yeah. The topic is open to all films. I already pointed out that which shant be named(DAD).
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    surely at least one of the tomb raiders deserves a spot

actually, the first one had jodie in a shower and starred daniel craig, so i guess TR 2 sucked more
    You are so right. I had forgotten about that one. It's not that the 1st one was good, but it was viewable. But the 2nd, oh goodness!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited March 2013 Posts: 16,328
    Green Lantern. I sat threw 15 minutes of that crapfest and turned it off. I lasted longer with the CGI Clone Wars movie by 25 minutes. ugh.
    The other night there was Jack and Jill on tv and 10 minutes were enough for me to conclude that's one of the worst movies ever made.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,015
    The irony is that there's a French movie called "Z", and it's part of the best. I think it works very well even for non French viewers, as it takes place in an unnamed country that stands for Greece. A few French words are important for the plot in it though !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065234/

And for the awards aficionados, it's an academy award winner :) (foreign movie + film editing)
    The Wicker man (the Nicolos Cage one )
    lol that movie is awful
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2013 Posts: 17,687
    Highlander 2 was the most shockingly BAD movie I've personally ever paid to see in the theatre. It made Batman & Robin look like a masterpiece IMO.
    At least B&R had some funny moments with Ahnult. The ONLY good bit in H2 was when Connery & Lambert were discussing who got more bullets in them.
  • TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    worst movie is JFK

VERRY disrepectful
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    worst movie is JFK
    Clearly, you have never suffered Highlander 2.

edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    Resident Evil : Afterlife

i had the misfortune of seeing this movie in the theater, and in 3D.. so basically i payed $15 to have my brain bashed with a ball bat, and to have my wedding tackle squashed in a vice grip....

the most recent film (Retribution) i didn't even bother seeing, because Afterlife was that bad... i liked the first one, the second one was decent up until it turned into Mortal Kombat meets Sonic the Hedgehog at the end, and i felt like the third was on par with the first film... so i was looking forward to Afterlife, that is until i saw it was being filmed in 3D... i knew right then and there it was probably doomed - as the director Paul WS Anderson is a style over substance director - his method is distract the audience with a bunch of action and pretty eye candy shot and edited at warp speed, in hopes that the audience doesn't realize that they are being duped in watching a 2 hour piece of shit.......

P.WS.A had stated before filming that they were going to include more characters and stuff from the games, in order to bridge the gap that the games and films had created between one another.. when i heard this, my first reaction was "about damn time".... but it was executed in Afterlife with such carelessness, that one has to believe that it was merely thrown in for no other reason then to have people go "oh hey, it's that monster!" or "i remember that guy from that game!"... for example..

The Executioner from RE5 shows up.... where in the blue hell did he come from??? there was absolutely no mention of him in the film, or films prior.. are we to assume that it's just another Umbrella super weapon??.. and speaking of RE5 and even RE4 - Uroboros.. those who played the game know what they are.. it doesn't kill the person who is infected, but simple takes over their body, and turns them into a mind controlled zombie (in the voodoo sense).. but prolonged infection and mutation of Uroboros causes the victim to have weird looking tentacles sprout from their mouths, and occasionally, their head too...... i bring this up because in Afterlife, suddenly the living dead are having tentacles sprout from their mouth, as if they are now infected with Uroboros..... when the F did this happen???.... #1 it's not possible, the host still needs to be alive to be infected.. #2, they aren't being mind controlled - and no explanation is ever given to them suddenly sprouting tentacles.... and don't even get me started on the fact that zombies can now burrow underground and through concrete....

i wont go into another lengthy rant, but Wesker.. when did he get powers in the movies???... i guess we are to assume he's always had them (which if you played the games, you would've known that).. but if you're simply a fan of the movies, then his sudden advancement in the jedi arts of the matrix are baffling - again, no explanation whatsoever..

honestly, one of the worst films i've seen recently... poor acting, poor direction, piss poor script that it doused with plot holes... it's just all around bad.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,015
    The only movie I could not watch in its entirety in probably the last ten years is "The Sound of My Voice". After twenty minutes, I stopped, looked at the plot online, and fastforward to the critical scenes. It was too "modern stage play" for my taste...
    Virage wrote:
    Most People have heard of the blockbuster "A" movie and those on the cheap "B" Movies of the 50's but have you heard of the "Z" Movie? Well a "Z" film is what critics conceive to be one of the worst film ever made.
    MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE (1966) is the very epitome of a "Z" movie...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060666/

It's really quite astounding just how bad this film is.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    The others NOT starring Nicole Kidman is pretty horrendous
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,405
    Biggest dissapointment, surely Die Another Day or Quantum of Solace and to a lesser extend Indiana Jones 4.

Worst movie I ever saw? Take your pick with any of these:

Dunes
    Fame
    Blueberry
    Rrrrrr (yes, it's a movie)
    Subway
    American Beauty
    Jungle Book part 2
    Pirates of the Carribean part 2
    Batman and Robin (with George Clooney), which is an insult to any Batman fan
    Subway
    I kinda like that one in a far out artsy way...

The Happening.

It's the only movie I've seen where I can remember feeling actual anger and resentment. A film with no discernible plot or reason for existing. My ire extends to everyone concerned - the filmmakers, distributors, cinema owners - everyone.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm amazed nobody has mentioned 'The Room' yet. Easily the worst movie ever made.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 498
    EDIT

American Beauty

YES, I'm not the only one ! . I remember back in '08 few months before Solace's release watching that and I was like wtf ?! That's the absolute worst movie I've watched in my life

I actually went online and checked at that time who was the director and mainly who in the right mind produced it.

Years later the director happened to make a movie for my favourite franchise

:(
    If you want to know what that movie is about , there's no subtle way of putting it,its basically

A man wants to F*** his daughters best friend.
    His Daughter's best friend wants to F*** the neighbours son
    The Mom wants to F*** her boss
    The Neighbour thinks His son is F******* the father
    The daughter's best friend F**** everyone.

Yeah that should sum it up ^

American Beauty reinforcing American stereotypes since 2001.
    I'm amazed nobody has mentioned 'The Room' yet. Easily the worst movie ever made.

That film is just a good time. At least you can laugh at that one.

Others are so bad it hurts.