James Bond's Gun: Past, Present, and Future

Comments

• chrisisall wrote:
    @chris $200 cheaper in comparison to what?
    The PPK/S
    *not fully retreated apparently*
    No they're not. They're the same price, $629.00. We're not allowed to post links to websites that sell guns, so look up the Walther USA site and you'll find all the PPK and PPK/S models are the same price, aside from the one with the Crimson Trace grip.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2012 Posts: 17,687

OOOPS! You're right! Sorry.
  • Maybe it recently went up in price because of the movie. ;)
  • The PPK/S that is $859.00 is the one with the Crimson Trace Laser Grip.
    Funny thing is , S&W is almost in my back yard... :))
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 86
    There is a good bit in the opening sequence.
    In a shoot out, Patrice opens up with the full auto Glock 18C & Bond looks quizzically at his PPK as if to say could I get one like that?
  • I loved seeing Bond use a side by side shotgun in Skyfall, and I love that he's using a .380 Auto PPK/S made by Smith and Wesson.

I want him to continue using the PPK forever. If that doesn't happen, I hope he at least continues to use a Walther.

Many options:
    PPQ
    WAP00Q90.jpg

PPS
    WAP10001.jpg

PK380
    WAP40001_large.jpg

...and if he absolutely has to use something other than a Walther, I say he goes back to a Beretta

85FS Cheetah
    J84F2003.jpg

...or a Smith and Wesson

M&P Compact
    109004_01_lg.jpg

why did the gamekeeper call the shotgun a rifle?
  • It's ok found it single high calibre projectile not shot
    The PPQ is an amazing gun, and my personal weapon of choice when it comes to full-sized semi-autos. Unfortunately, it's the same size as a P99--which is pretty hard to conceal under those tight Tom Ford suits.

The PK380 is a budget gun--good for the price, but not really a front-line weapon. The trigger is gritty as hell. Good gun if you want to teach your girlfriend how to shoot.

I've never fired an M&P, but their internals are identical to the P99, so he might as well go with the P99C...except that, too, would be bulky.

And that Cheetah is *huge* for a .380 gun.
    If an update from the PPK(/s) is absolutely necessary, I'd throw my vote in for the Walther PPS.
  • A shout to JWESTBROOK for migrating my discussion to this particular board. Not sure if you are familiar with this fantastic gun movie database that combines IMDb with Wikipedia...

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Skyfall
    That's a great database for weapons from all the movies!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yep, cool site. I've used it for research a few times.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    I was led here so will continue my question...

Why didn't Bond use a Beretta in CR? This would've fit in with the "Bond begins" angle they were going for, go back to the gun he first used in the book. I thought it was pretty random when the PPK all of a sudden showed up in QoS...
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    ^ That surely would have been a nice touch now that you mention it. Perhaps he could have even used it in the PTS.
    Just imagine if Bond attempted to simply shoot Dryden's contact in the bathroom, but the gun jams- leading to the wonderful brawl we know and love (the gun jam alluding of course to Dr. No).

Certainly a missed opportunity, being a reboot. Oh well
    I've pondered this before, and would love to see the mission where Bond's gun jams. His six months out of action would be narrowed down, unless the gun jamming happens in the PTS- and then the main story is shown to be set some time later when Bond has recovered (or the good doctor has cleared him for duty ;) ). Certainly a missed opportunity for that DN reference (was it also in one of the novels?), but for the sake of continuity, it doesn't necessarily have to be the Beretta which jams, it could just be a different Walther Bond is testing out. Either way, he never let's Q forget it. :))
    This is good post. His actual gun is to be always the Walther brand. It would nice to see him with a new Walther like PPQ,PPS PK380 & the new PPX. The P99 I love to see again. His famous PPK can be his off Duty gun. But a Walther for his mission. How come nobody comment post the new PPX?
    Agent7F wrote:
    How come nobody comment post the new PPX?
    I was the only one who did comment on it- but I'm not a gun expert, I'm afraid. It looks alright, but I'd rather see the PPQ or perhaps more of the P99.
    QBranch wrote:
    Agent7F wrote:
    How come nobody comment post the new PPX?
    I was the only one who did comment on it- but I'm not a gun expert, I'm afraid. It looks alright, but I'd rather see the PPQ or perhaps more of the P99.
    OK fair enough but another thing I got one person comment this post I open few month ago the [/b]International Firearm movie Database.[/b]
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page.
    It show you all the James Bonds movies what guns were used. None made any comments only 1 I got.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I absolutely love the PPK. It has and always will be my favorite Bond gun, hands down, because it fits the character so well. It is a brilliant firearm choice for Bond's line of work: it is concealable, small, yet can still pull through in a shootout. Though Bond is all about style, with this gun he seems to choose substance over style, function over form, and that interests me. Whenever I see the gun on screen I know we are in for a ride. It has been there since the very start and has long influenced other films to use the gun as well. If I ever own a firearm in my life it will be a PPK.
    I absolutely love the PPK. It has and always will be my favorite Bond gun, hands down, because it fits the character so well. It is a brilliant firearm choice for Bond's line of work: it is concealable, small, yet can still pull through in a shootout. Though Bond is all about style, with this gun he seems to choose substance over style, function over form, and that interests me. Whenever I see the gun on screen I know we are in for a ride. It has been there since the very start and has long influenced other films to use the gun as well. If I ever own a firearm in my life it will be a PPK.
    When we agree, it appears to be completely.
    L-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    When we agree, it appears to be completely.
    L-)

Haha, it seems so. These are the moments we must cherish! ;)
  • Although I love the Walther PPK and the Walther P99 so much... if a swap of standard issu handguns was to happen, I think Bond would look pretty nice with a SIG. Probably a P239 or a P232 if you're looking for something more modern and realistic but still compact enough to fit with a suit. Or maybe a Heckler & Koch pistol like the HK P7 or HK P9S (which were featured in TND and TLD respectively) I mean I do like Walthers, but some of their newer guns are less attractive than their older designs. The PPX and PPS are ok looking, the PK380 looks good but like mentioned before isn't the best quality pistol out there and the PPQ, which is an awesome pistol all around but isn't the best candidate as it's too big and is more "Glock" now since the M2 came out (It has a Glock Trigger and is missing the round-chambered indicator found on some types of P99s). Speaking of the P99, what the heck happened to it?? First Generation P99s are in my opinion, one of the best modern looking pistols out there! Gen 2s are still pretty but IMO Gen 3s are just plain ugly. It looks all bulky and clunky comared to the sleek, sharp design of the Gen 1 P99s. But anyway.... :P
  • Other weapons I want to see Craig's Bond carrying are the FN P90 (maybe in a violin case like Henrietta from "Gunslinger Girl" lol! :D) It would make sense if he had one in his Aston Martin as the round casings eject downward and each mag holds 50 rounds so he wouldn't have to reload frequently as long as he conserves his ammo. It would also be nice to see him wielding some sort of SIG Rifle (SG550, 552, 556)
    I really think they should just stick with the P99.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 1,778
    The PPK will forever be "James Bond's gun". After over half a decade nothing will change that. Although I understood why the producers decided to switch to the P99 in TND it just never felt right to me. It was like giving Indiana Jones a different hat or Captain America a different shield. Some things stick for a reason.

I'm so happy that in QOS and Skyfall they decided to give Bond his beloved PPK back. Hopefully it'll always stay that way.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,879
    In my upcoming fan story, Bond starts off with a silenced PPK, but later Q issues him a PPQ- with modifications, naturally. I like the look of it. I'm happy for Bond to handle different Walthers:

DN: PP
    GF: P38
    OP/NSNA: P5
    TLD: WA2000
    TND/TWINE/DAD/CR: P99
    SF: PPK/S
    Carte Blanche: PPS

...but as others have said, he must always return to the PPK.
    QBranch wrote:
    In my upcoming fan story, Bond starts off with a silenced PPK, but later Q issues him a PPQ- with modifications, naturally. I like the look of it. I'm happy for Bond to handle different Walthers:

DN: PP
    GF: P38
    OP/NSNA: P5
    TLD: WA2000
    TND/TWINE/DAD/CR: P99
    SF: PPK/S
    Carte Blanche: PPS

...but as others have said, he must always return to the PPK.
    Well everyone saying they happy with him in PPK. But Walthers is Bond weapon trademark. It will be good if he tries one of the new Walther beside PPK & P99. I expect he should have a palm print of his hands only or perhaps I should for Bond hands only of his Walther. Like Q issue him the PPK/S with his palm print.
    What if Bond had a Walther with a modified grip that partly detached and concealed a small throwing knife? I think that would be kinda cool.
    It wouldn't make sense to stick to the older gun models because it just doesn't fit in with the modern times of the new Bond films.