New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 202
    Scashy here.

Er, I mean... Mr. Brown. Yeah...
  • SirHilaryBrayOBESirHilaryBrayOBE Chez Hilly, Portsmouth
    I feel as lost as a bedouin in a sandstorm. I somewhat miss the old place.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    *reaction image*

Can I even post reaction images here? Oh God, how will I live! :O
  • Lol, I think I need a new account name already. If I had known I wouldn't have picked something worse than Moore.
  • Wait, can I get clarification on this -- all content from the old forum is GONE? Is there any possibility of it being archived or saved in a read-only format anywhere? Largely I have several great reviews (Bond and Star Trek related) that I was keeping tabs on and counted on re-linking to from several places. If we had gotten a heads up about this then perhaps I could've saved them to documents before hand.
    edited March 2011 Posts: 66
    that's a point FS, trivial it may be, but that Trek movie thread...my fanfic (I have copies, but still), my 2011 movie list...Crumbs #-O
  • I am frankly shocked by this development. I can't believe all material from the old forums is now gone! The lure of this whole social networking/"LOLZORZ generation" hoopla is indeed unstoppable, it seems. Oh well... at least I can post this hi-tech smilie now :-W
    Hmm, couldn't get my old name to work. Well...nice to see you all again.
    So, all the other Topics and Posts were deleted for those who wasn't 00 agents? My old login and email is not available anymore. All my 1559 are dead now? :(

xxx
  • So, all the old posts are gone? :O
    Well I never really got into the old forums, so I may as well give this one a go!
    Hi all :D
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Oh no. All those photo montages... gone
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 202
    Changed his location to NuMi6.
    @groucho070 I think so! :(
    How we use the Quote ?
  • I am depressed about the sudden loss of all of my various reviews written for the MI6 forums, to the point where I question continuing my contributions without the historical predecessors -- especially review several series which I was in the middle of (such as my now perhaps never to be finished reviews of all the Bond novels). I mean, where shall I post my DS9 and VOY reviews? What's the point without having the reviews of the previous episodes to form a context? And so on.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Marketto: How we use the Quote ?
    Highlight text, hit the popup
    edited March 2011 Posts: 66
    Never mind, I erred.
  • This is depressing. Starting all over again. Oh man....please mods, any way you can retrieve the old stuff? :-(
    ^^^^^^^^^^ That is much better.
    @Luds The admin team should really open a separate section for questions.
    Has Babs took over this place or something? Way to destroy a legacy.

All those moments will be lost... in time. Like... tears... in... rain.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    edited March 2011 Posts: 158
    Photobucket
    "You do like the new MI6, don't you?"

Photobucket

Photobucket
    "The old forum's been deleted!"

I'm not a fan of the new layout.

And it stinks because I was right in the middle of a BOND 23 write-up when the old forums were taken down.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    *likes Lazenby.'s Blade Runner post*
  • So, there will be a Movie section, right? I'm willing to work with you guys. I would like that list, though.
    I suppose I could launch my new story to christen the fan creations site...Or something. Maybe a poem.

Prick us do we not bleed...

(sorry, that montage got me going)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Well this is weird, not sure how I like this layout yet.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Licence_To_Blog: @Luds The admin team should really open a separate section for questions.
    Sorry lads, looks like the old database is not available. We're starting fresh.

• I understand the reason why a new forum - but I think the old forum's address should stay as a read-only archive for posterity. Too bad it's too late for any input apparently!

Judging by the categories of discussion there seems to be no place for "General" film and tv threads, AKA the thing that sustains MI6 between Bond news (which can be a long time when MGM is bankrupt). I think this is subtly done to prevent Star Trek and Batman from cluttering the place up, but let's be serious -- Manhunter vs. Red Dragon and other kinds of general topics were the lifeblood of the place.

Makes me miss Studio B -- and makes me wish I had contributed more there.