Sherlock (2010) BBC Series Discussion Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I stumbled upon this golden nugget today:
    http://www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk/
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

You didn't know about it :O
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:

You didn't know about it :O

I figured they had created a site to use for moments when we see Sherlock on the site, but only recently thought about it and tracked it down.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I discovered it from you mentioning it, 0Brady; thanks. I do love that series! Can't wait for the new episodes.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Filming begins on the 18th, the same time as Doctor Who. Busy times...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Filming begins on the 18th, the same time as Doctor Who. Busy times...

The game everyone, is on!
    Indeed. That's a news I wanted to hear since the last episode I've seen. Now, we'll learn how Sherlock faked his death.
    Anybody have new theories on how Sherlock did it?
    *I know that the rubber ball is involved that Sherlock is playing with. When you place the ball inside your armpit it will make it seem like you have no pulse.

*Molly is definitely involved.

*There is something peculiar about the chalk outlined rectangle near the spot where Sherlock jumps.

*I think John may have been drugged with a hallucinogen like the one from Baskerville when he is knocked down. He seems to be in a very altered state after he is knocked over by the biker.

*It is possible that Molly and Sherlock also got his homeless unit to help with the plot and act like they are nurses/doctors.

*So maybe the rectangle outline has been rigged to look like the sidewalk but it really softens Sherlock's fall, the homeless unit come in, get the body and take it back into St. Barts where Sherlock escapes? Maybe Molly found a similar body type to Sherlock just like Irene did when she faked her death.
    Anybody have new theories on how Sherlock did it?
    *I know that the rubber ball is involved that Sherlock is playing with. When you place the ball inside your armpit it will make it seem like you have no pulse.

*Molly is definitely involved.

*There is something peculiar about the chalk outlined rectangle near the spot where Sherlock jumps.

*I think John may have been drugged with a hallucinogen like the one from Baskerville when he is knocked down. He seems to be in a very altered state after he is knocked over by the biker.

*It is possible that Molly and Sherlock also got his homeless unit to help with the plot and act like they are nurses/doctors.

*So maybe the rectangle outline has been rigged to look like the sidewalk but it really softens Sherlock's fall, the homeless unit come in, get the body and take it back into St. Barts where Sherlock escapes? Maybe Molly found a similar body type to Sherlock just like Irene did when she faked her death.

I'm going to watch it again in a couple of days, like I said before in slow motion ;) and might come up with different ideas but:
    - I'm not sure the rubber ball was even needed but I'll check it. I think John doesn't even have time (or capacity) to take Sherlock's pulse at that moment. I remember somebody immediately takes his hand when he tries to do it.

- Molly is most definitely involved, that I'm sure. She is needed to take care of the "body".

- I think the chalk marks the place where the mat is placed.

- I'm not sure if John was druged, I think he was just running scared but then he was hit very hard (and I'm sure on purpose) by the cyclist to leave him very confused.

- Homeless unit) Or Mycroft's people? Or both! Who knows? But they were in.

- I think there was a mat in the trailer, it was put in the chalked "target" area and then when Sherlock is down someone quickly takes the mat from underneath him and puts it in the trailer again (that leaves in that moment). Sherlock is still shaken up by the landing but he is aided immediately. John is put aside so that he doesn't notice anything and Sherlock is immediately taken to the morgue (how convenient) where Molly has a body double and takes care of exchange.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ...STILL haven't watched the second season. Nice to see season three filming is starting next week!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    ...STILL haven't watched the second season. Nice to see season three filming is starting next week!

WHAT?! You must! And watch out for this thread, as I have seen a few untagged spoilers, @Creasy47. I would hate for a single thing to get ruined for you.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Can't wait for Series 3, getting 3 more high quality feature films that pretty much outstrip the majority blockbusters released every year.

Sherlock on the big screen would be something to see, love to Moffatt & Gattis pull that one off would well and truly show the Richie versions up for what they are.

Recently re-watched Series 2, Baskerville is definitely the weak link (while still very good) and Reichenbach takes the award for best yet, interesting as I though Series 1 displayed the same gauge of quality with 3 being the best followed by 1 then 2.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I'd agree with you there @Shardlake. I wonder if it'll be the same pattern again? Can't wait for this series at the end of the year.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Can't wait for Series 3, getting 3 more high quality feature films that pretty much outstrip the majority blockbusters released every year.

Sherlock on the big screen would be something to see, love to Moffatt & Gattis pull that one off would well and truly show the Richie versions up for what they are.

Recently re-watched Series 2, Baskerville is definitely the weak link (while still very good) and Reichenbach takes the award for best yet, interesting as I though Series 1 displayed the same gauge of quality with 3 being the best followed by 1 then 2.

I feel the same, but a tad different. My favorite of the two series are the first episodes, my least favorites are the second of each of the series. And with Sherlock, it isn't that I don't like them, it is just that the others are such brilliance that they don't quite reach that same level, though they are wonderful in their own right. Scandal in Belgravia is my top best so far, but Reichenbach is so close to it their noses could knock together. This series defies the word 'masterpiece', and after recently rewatching them all again, all I want to do is get right back into them again. I never thought I would ever say this, but Benedict is my all time favorite Sherlock, even surpassing Brett. I love seeing Sherlock with some feeling added to him, instead of him being a completely callous man. Hats off to Moffat and Gatiss for this crowning achievement of work. Series 3, bring it on!
    Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are signed for Series 4.

They reiterate they'd love to continue beyond that, it is just a question of finding the time.

Sherlock in his 50's will happen.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-12/benedict-cumberbatch-confirms-sherlock-series-4
    As long as Lara Pulver comes back as well, I'm happy.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are signed for Series 4.

They reiterate they'd love to continue beyond that, it is just a question of finding the time.

Sherlock in his 50's will happen.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-12/benedict-cumberbatch-confirms-sherlock-series-4
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/

08.gif

Hank%20Celebration%20animated%20gif.gif
    tumblr_m7dog3lE2u1rnp9b2.gif

bbt_celebration-gif_medium.gif

celebration.gif

2s8lnb5jpg.gif

stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

will-smith-celebration-gif.gif

Happy_Sherlock_by_holodeck_shepard.gif
    Oh, yeah, baby!!!!!!! \:D/

I read that Cumberbatch said he's be happy to play Holmes into his fifties. I hope there is a long, stellar road ahead for many more of what we have enjoyed so far. Top notch writing, clever and witty, and just plain fun as well as exciting. A great series; I can't wait!
    Benedict would be the perfect aging Holmes. He is already my favorite Sherlock ever, and it can only get better! Come to me, series 3!!!
    I adore Jeremy Brett for the traditional Holmes; that will remain for me. But I am so pleasantly surprised by this great new series, and Cumberbatch is my 2nd favorite Holmes ever. I do hope it continues for years; the writing and production have to stay fresh in order for it to continue to be so good. But I am hopeful. :)
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I adore Jeremy Brett for the traditional Holmes; that will remain for me. But I am so pleasantly surprised by this great new series, and Cumberbatch is my 2nd favorite Holmes ever. I do hope it continues for years; the writing and production have to stay fresh in order for it to continue to be so good. But I am hopeful. :)

Brett was my favorite too, but when Benedict and co. added the layers to Sherlock (which he plays so darn well), I couldn't see any other actor being superior. I love Brett to death, and for classic Holmes he is the pick of the litter, but overall Benedict is the Holmes I could watch for days on end. He makes me infused with adoration for his interpretation every time I see it, and I hold his relationship with Martin/Watson dearest to my heart.
    \:D/ Yes, oh yes!
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    On the new series Cumberbatch has said "You are in for an absolute stonker! It's going to be a treat. It's a terrific episode".

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-12/benedict-cumberbatch-on-the-return-of-sherlock-you-are-in-for-an-absolute-stonker
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Sherly ( ;) ) this is the greatest news I have gotten in weeks. I haven't had the best day, but as soon as I read this I couldn't help but feel on top of the world!
    sherlock.gif
    The series is rumoured to air in December so many suspect The Blue Carbuncle to be one of the stories.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-13/sherlock-series-3-could-air-at-christmas-says-benedict-cumberbatch
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The series is rumoured to air in December so many suspect The Blue Carbuncle to be one of the stories.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-13/sherlock-series-3-could-air-at-christmas-says-benedict-cumberbatch

One of my favorites!
    Hope they keep a decent budget for locations in this new series. One of my pet hates in Dr Who is when they try and make out that Cardiff is London by sticking a tube sign and a double-decker in the shot.

The first episode is called The Empty Hearse and is now filming:

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBhgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2NjYnpoOC5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=lIKvCq1-eJy1O2xZdR7vFIG0FvnmOJ7YKc7hCwvk2hY
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The first episode is called The Empty Hearse and is now filming:

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBhgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2NjYnpoOC5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=lIKvCq1-eJy1O2xZdR7vFIG0FvnmOJ7YKc7hCwvk2hY

What, they are releasing clapperboard photos :-O like SF?

So, it must be true the rumour that the episode would be based on Empty House ;)
    This is likely a one off but who knows...