Ernst Stavo Blofeld, last possible sighting in 1981. Will he ever return or be resurrected?

CIACIA
edited March 2013 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 120
Will Blofeld ever be seen of or heard of again in the Bond franchise or did he die a horrible death in 1981?

What do you think?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope not. Though, it is sad he got such a horrid send off in FYEO, if that was even him. I feel there was so much potential to make Blofeld Bond's Moriarty, but I never really feel that. I love that we only see him into the late 60s, but I don't think he was used that well in the series on the whole. He should be the best Bond villain, and has the potential, but just Dr. No and Grant to name a couple outshine him, and they only appear in one film, and the former for only a short time.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    I hope not. Though, it is sad he got such a horrid send off in FYEO, if that was even him.

oh it was... that was EON's middle finger to McClory.. and since Connery was in talks to star in McClory's rival Bond film, EON decided to give Rog the honor of killing him off - as if to say that Moore's Bond was superior by finishing off Blofeld when Connery's couldn't..

that is the best explanation i can surmise about that PTS, because it has no relation to the rest of the film whatsoever.. and due to when the film was shot/released - and seeing as how NSNA came out 2 years later which meant it was no doubt well into preproduction when FYEO was being filmed, i think it's safe to assume that the PTS was one big slight against both McClory and Connery... in a subtle way lol.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    HASEROT wrote:
    I hope not. Though, it is sad he got such a horrid send off in FYEO, if that was even him.

oh it was... that was EON's middle finger to McClory.. and since Connery was in talks to star in McClory's rival Bond film, EON decided to give Rog the honor of killing him off - as if to say that Moore's Bond was superior by finishing off Blofeld when Connery's couldn't..

that is the best explanation i can surmise about that PTS, because it has no relation to the rest of the film whatsoever.. and due to when the film was shot/released - and seeing as how NSNA came out 2 years later which meant it was no doubt well into preproduction when FYEO was being filmed, i think it's safe to assume that the PTS was one big slight against both McClory and Connery... in a subtle way lol.

That is an interesting theory that has some real backing to it.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    No worries, locking this but put your question into an existing thread if you want to @CIA
This discussion has been closed.