Could Malorey be a double agent?

edited February 2013 in News Posts: 10
Something has been bothering me for a while about Bond 23.

I couldn't put my finger on it and it was pissing me off for such a long time; there where holes in the story where I couldn't help but feel where there for some other reason than just simply, a bad script.

I watched it again, over a pint of coffee (yes a pint), and I somehow managed to convince myself that Gareth Malorey is in fact, a Double/Rogue Agent.

I then watched it again, and again, somehow, through some film formula elements, it kind of, fits.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hahaha, good one. Do you do weekends?

In all seriousness, no: Mallory isn't a mole.

A man that is so determined in his cause that he gets captured and questioned by the IRA isn't a traitor of any sort. Ralph/Mallory is here to fill the M position for a long time coming, and he isn't a double agent in any way, shape or form.

I think you are just getting paranoid, considering that Voldemort is technically now the head of MI6. :P
    Do I do weekends on what?
    No, he is not.
    Ludovico wrote:
    No, he is not.

Please, edify me.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shauno wrote:
    Comedy shows.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    He says he's signed on to play Mallory/M for the foreseeable future in the Shooting Bond doc on the Blu ray so no I don't think he is a double agent.

They needed to come up with an actor that fill those shoes considerably after Dench's departure and I can't think of a better actor for the job, I can't wait to see him in that office behind the desk in Bond 24.
    Shauno wrote:
    Comedy shows.

Whilst it might be funny to you, I would quite like to hear your view as to why the character couldn't be a mole.

Shauno wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    No, he is not.

Please, edify me.

The burden of proof lies on the side making the assertion. You need to show evidence of your claims.
    Shardlake wrote:
    He says he's signed on to play Mallory/M for the foreseeable future in the Shooting Bond doc on the Blu ray so no I don't think he is a double agent.

They needed to come up with an actor that fill those shoes considerably after Dench's departure and I can't think of a better actor for the job, I can't wait to see him in that office behind the desk in Bond 24.

I agree, they do need to come up with "something" to fill Dudi Jenches shoes.

But there really is no reason as to why Gareth Malorey couldn't pull the string from behind the desk, posing as "M".

• edited February 2013 Posts: 10
    Ludovico wrote:
    Shauno wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    No, he is not.

Please, edify me.

The burden of proof lies on the side making the assertion. You need to show evidence of your claims.

Maybe that argument works in a courtroom, but this isn't a courtroom and I've simply asked you to edify me as to why you so arbirarily stated "No, he isn't". (as opposed to Shardlakes, reply, which at least attempted to enter into some kind of dialogue.)

Shauno wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

But there really is no reason as to why Gareth Malorey couldn't pull the string from behind the desk, posing as "M".

There is no reason why he should be a mole. Not a hint of evidence in the movie. And that the actor played Voldemort, or that he was rumored to play Blofeld, is no evidence at all.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Shauno wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

There is no reason why he should be a mole. Not a hint of evidence in the movie. And that the actor played Voldemort, or that he was rumored to play Blofeld, is no evidence at all.

Have you watched The Godfather?

[And as if I'd attempt to cite the fact that he played Voldemort as a reason he could be a mole, that's just childish]
    Shauno wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Shauno wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    No, he is not.

Please, edify me.

Maybe that argument works in a courtroom, but this isn't a courtroom and I've simply asked you to edify me as to why you so arbirarily stated "No, he isn't". (as opposed to Shardlakes, reply, which at least attempted to enter into some kind of dialogue.)

It is not an argument, it is the starting point of any serious research and debate. I won't debate Bond being gay, Moneypenny being Bond's long lost sister, Q being a Timelord, unless one shows what evidence he found to back up such claims.
    Shauno wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Shauno wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

Have you watched The Godfather?

Numerous time, but this is non sequitur. What does it have to do with it?
    Non sequitur, woah, someone really has studied A-Level debate.

So you are aware of the film theory behind the usage of oranges in scenes being a precursor to someone being murdered or killed?
    Shauno wrote:

So you are aware of the film theory behind the usage of oranges in scenes being a precursor to someone being murdered or killed?

Yes, and still non sequitur, however dismissive you want to be. So far you have present not a shred of evidence abcking your claim.

Until you do, you can try to show me why Moneypenny is not Bond's long lost sister and the love child between M and Robinson.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Shauno wrote:

Yes, and still non sequitur, however dismissive you want to be. So far you have present not a shred of evidence abcking your claim.

Until you do, you can try to show me why Moneypenny is not Bond's long lost sister and the love child between M and Robinson.

No it is only a non sequitur because of your indifference to actual conversation and discussion, you're trying to oppose me in an attempt to ridicule and intellectualize this point, to the point of absurdity. You can attempt to be as harsh as you want, but all I can see is someone attempting to rile and portray the role of antagonist.

I'm attempting to discuss something with you and you are being obnoxious, arrogant and stupid. (With regard to your attempts to derail me with moneypenny's sister bollocks).

EDIT: In fact, I've attempted to enter into discussions with you twice now and each time you have replied like a trumped up little teenager out to prove something to someone. Even from your first boring and troll-like post, I've surmised that in no way are you interested in discussion, but out for an argument. In that case, I think I'd rather save this adult conversation for Student Union Film Theory on Wednesday after University; a place where people are not arbitrarily rude and obnoxious, or hidden behind a veil of anonymity, i.e the internet. A place, I might add, where if you happened to be, when I bring this up, that your response would be very different, and if it weren't, (Unlikely), I (and most adult's) would already have you looking for the nearest exit.

Now, tres bien, your daft attempt to solidify your position in the forum hierarchy have more or less shown how welcoming members with a moderate amount of posts, are to new users. Ultimately; I think I would rather discuss this theory with an adult, rather than a Call of Duty playing wanker, armed with one of three things:

1. Textbook, novelty arguing tactics and a few buzzwords.
    2, Autism.
    3. Insecurity.

Any of which, I couldn't give a rats ass about my friend.

I could point out that you throw ad hominem arguments too, but I will just say that: show the evidence you never ever bothered once to produce to back up your claims. Some people here have brought up some ridiculous claims before (Bond is a codename, M is Silva's mother), I am more than happy to debate them if they show some kind of argument with it. You said Mallory might be a traitor, it is your job to bring up the arguments that makes you believe he is.
    What does The Godfather and oranges have to do with Bond?
    What does The Godfather and oranges have to do with Bond?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2013 Posts: 2,630
    No, Mallory is not a mole. He is portrayed as a sort of tragic hero, without dying, because the audience is not meant to like him at first but as the film continues we begin to like his presence in the film, helping MI6 against Silva in the Inquiry and Breadcrumbs scenes. He becomes M as a matter of circumstance, as there was no known successor to be. Being capured by the IRA seems to end up with him acting a bit cold around Bond.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    This is the most ridiculous topic I've seen in a while. It isn't even a discussion.

Might as well be locked.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes please. Lock it forthwith.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh dear, where did this come from? Did anyone notice how
    A) this is isn't news?
    B) this went from nothing to zero in two posts' time?
    C) this needs a lock?
This discussion has been closed.